As winter approaches Kwandrivia, a spine chilling wind covers the lands as a dark force is felt...

Class 2 Mission: Pirates and Pirates, Land Ho! (Mirg)

Fields of golden wheat and oats cover kilometers of landscape here, it almost looks like a desert if one doesn't look close enough,
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Class 2 Mission: Pirates and Pirates, Land Ho! (Mirg)

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:42 am

>After getting the info for the mission, I would head off to the site where the skeletal undead gang of pirates was said to appear. I appeared through the shadows, the silvery Cat Scythe in my hands. Even after appearing, I kept to the shadows, which I manipulated to camouflage me almost completely, as I started my search for the skeletal pirates. I also Arched an Earth spirit into the ground, which followed close by through the ground and also allowed me to sense the vibrations, allowing me, hopefully, to catch up to my quarry. I had a plan in mind, which hopefully would work and would add to my benefit, hopefully allowing me to reap more than one reward from this mission.<
Monsters

Re: Class 2 Mission: Pirates and Pirates, Land Ho! (Mirg)

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:22 am

If Mirg looked towards the water from atop a hill, he would spot a large pirate ship appearing just over the horizon. This was his target, around this ship was a deadly aura of black fog, it might be poisonous, it might not. On the deck the captain would be looking about with his telescope when he would spot Mirg. The captain would raise his hand, then drop it towards the ground giving his crew the signal to fire. Mirg would soon find himself being bombarded by canon balls from above. Except they were tightly wound balls of bone and rotted flesh.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:51 am

(Stats [Balance, Agility, Dexterity, and Precision] boosted to 2x)

>Feeling the power of the Cat Scythe pour through me, I stood in the shadows, watching the cannon fire draw near, suddenly recognizing the materials that they were made of even as they came flying towards me. A grim, twisted smile crossed my face, as I turned in place, the shadows drawing around me, and I suddenly vanished, the earth spirit in the ground suddenly dismissed. I was slightly curious how the captain had been able to sense my presence despite being very well camouflaged, yet I pushed it aside for now, I was sure that I would learn eventually. But a moment later, I reappeared in the shadow of the ship itself, immediately arching 2 water spirits into the sea, using one to allow myself to walk on the water. As I appeared also, an aura of Shaddow would pulse, pushing back the clouds of possibly noxious gas that were around the ship, keeping them from me, if it was poisonous at all. If it was, and was able to get past the Shaddow somehow, I would use my Poison Element/Manipulation to create an counteractive shield around myself, which would hopefully nullify the poison before it even got to me.

Throughout the aura of Shaddow, a flicker of green could be seen, as I focused Soulforce around me, creating a Deathchill Aura, from which leaked out Soulforce tendrils, which snaked their way into the bout, attempting to connect and sap the spiritual energies of whatever was upon board and, if given enough of a grip, would start to bind any souls that were connected to the undead, attempting to trap and chain them. All the while, the other water spirit began to assault the ship, using the very water that the ship was sailing upon. Sharp tendrils of water and ice cut into the bottom and the sides of the ship, attempting to rip then apart and start to flood the ship. At the same time, currents of water began to swirl around the ship, attempting to holding it in place in case the pirates attempted to flee.<
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Mirg was winning, he fended off the poison, he fended off the pirates and now the ship was going down. Suddenly a small pulse of Soul Energy would wash over the ship instantly evaporating the undead spiritual force from the pirate allowing Mirg to VERY easily wreck havoc on the crew and their vessel. In the centre of the pulse there was a woman, a rather normal looking one, she however gave off a very strong Undead/Soul/Spiritual power.

That's some fancy death auras you have their, her sexual, enticing and taunting voice would say.
Ariel Fortune: Queen of the Pirates
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 pm

(Stats [Balance, Agility, Dexterity, and Precision] boosted to 3x)

>As the foreign Soul energy pulsed outwards and I sense it, I slammed an open palm against the side of the ship and used the momentum to leap backwards, dashing across the water in a series of back-flips and cartwheels that wouldn't have normally been possible without the Cat Scythe's powers. I landed on my feet about 25 yards away from the ship, still using the water spirit to stand easily atop the choppy waters. The Shaddow and Deathchill aura was still active around me and I kept my attention on the boat, still controlling my own forces set into motion there. The palm thrust to the boat would send a ripple through the boat, and suddenly the mast itself would shift, turning into a giant Totem, which I would use to attempt to sap all of the spiritual energy and possible foreign spirits (minus my own) into and trap them there. Meanwhile, the other water spirit would continue to wreck havoc below, causing geysers of pressurized water to blast up through the ship, attempting to sink it even faster, even if the lady pirate was still there.<

Who are you....and what do you want...?

>I snapped coldly, broadcasting my voice through the Totem mast, keeping as close attention on the pirate as I could while also maintaining an iron grip on the ship, attempting to sink it without holding back. This new person seemed familiar, although still a threat, at least for right now. Her taunting and enticement wouldn't work on me and I was completely suspicious of her, being she was a pirate, or at least looked like one, and seemed to be in league with the ones I was bringing down. Hopefully I was in a good position in case she meant to attack me, for now, and I intended it keep it that way. With a grip firmly on the Cat Scythe, I took a stance on the water, keeping my auras active about me, as I stood on guard, ready for whatever may come.<
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:59 am

As the Totem began to rise and Ariel felt all forms of spiritual force flow towards it she would immediately take a great leap backwards and towards the water. While the Totem did begin to sap her energies, it wouldn't be nearly quick enough to drain her reserves. As Ariel was about to strike the water behind and under her a large ship would begin to rise from the depths of the ocean. This ship was clearly not of Outlands original and was clearly a space vessel fitted with many things that made it more pirate. It had massive cannons that used to fire beams but now fired shells, it had smaller gun ports which were now scatter cannons. Much to all of the ship had been converted from space faring to water. the further her ship did rise from the depths, the stronger a great spiritual pressure would be felt from it.

"I am Ariel Fortune, two of the last remaining of the Fortune Bloodline. I am here because I felt someone completely and without much effort obliterate my Undead, and that is something no-one but those pesky Order have been able to do. Tell me, what is your name?" Ariel would say.

Ariel was clearly impressed with Mirg...
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:44 am

(Stats [Balance, Agility, Dexterity, and Precision] boosted to 4x)

>I stared as the giant ship surfaced, the broken pirate ship from before sinking underwater finally, taking the totem and spiritual energy gathered with it. I stood in awe as Ariel announced herself, impressed with me almost as I was impressed with her and her new pirate ship. The large release of spiritual energy caused me to stumble backward a few steps as I continued to stare at Ariel and her ship.<

I am called Mirg....

>I called out, just loud enough to hear. I was barely able to contain my surprise...and fear. I knew I had just gotten in way above my head. However, I also seemed to have struck a lucky cord... This woman seemed interested in me, and I would continue to keep her interested...at least until I found an opening....to escape.<

And I am one of the few among my people with such powers...I am a master of Shamanism and Necromancy....something I noticed you are familiar with as well....
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:24 am

"One of the many of you're kind you say, you're the first to my knowledge, and I have Undead crawling every inch of this world." Ariel would say.

Ariel would turn to face her ship, she didn't want an unneeded fight at the moment, rather she wanted to observe this guy and why his presence was 'different' than all the others.

"You're free to go with the reward and all, but remember this. I'll be keeping an eye out for your 'kind', for there can only be one Spiritual and Undead master, and that's me. Unless of course you join me"Ariel would say pointing to herself.

After that, Ariel would suddenly fade into a green smoke-like energy and flow towards her ship. After she was gone, her ship would sink into the depths from which it came.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:27 pm

((Ok, I just noticed that Ariel and Azriel's name are so close in spelling...had to point it out... :lol: ))

Your undead agents seem to be lacking then...

>I would reply dryly, as I watched Ariel closely, sensing she wasn't going to put up a fight but still not lowering my guard. I watched as she slowly disappeared, remaining quiet about her last few comments until she and her ship completely disappeared.<

I suppose I'll have to carve that title from your dead corpse then....one day...

>I muttered under my breath, as the shadows around me suddenly darkened and slowly swallowed me whole, as I teleported through the Shadows, moving with speed away from the area and to the place where I could claim my reward. My spirits would be dismissed as soon as I was gone.<

((Ok, where do I go to claim the reward now...?))
Thundarius
Tartarian of the Order

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:15 am

When Mirg appeared wherever he was going to he would find his reward on his person.

Reward: 4 Mission Tokens, 50 Gold

Return to “Golden Hills”