As winter approaches Kwandrivia, a spine chilling wind covers the lands as a dark force is felt...

Azriel's Class 3 Mission: Slaying A Wild Beast

A single dirt road weaves through this marshy landscape. On either side is a thick swamp, littered with tombstones listing the names of those who have died in battle while serving the New Laurentia Empire. The road winds to become a length far longer than necessary, as a tribute to those beneath the ground, and as a steadfast reminder to those who walk here.
Azriel
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Azriel's Class 3 Mission: Slaying A Wild Beast

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:39 pm

ΦA heavy mist lay over the murky area, the tombstones seemed to jump out at me as I walked the path between then, entering the area for the first time. I had come here straight away after receiving the mission at the Order, deciding to taking a break from fighting and get some field work done. A small black snake hung around my shoulders, my familiar near perfectly camouflaged against my dark "skin". I walked slowly down the path, making sure to look around carefully and hear any sounds of screaming children. It just so happened I liked human children, as they are so tender....and juicy. And the mission only said I had to find them, never that I had to return them...ah the technicalities~ I continued walking, stretching influence of the water in the area to help me search, although there was no guarantee, it was better I started in an easier place first. I continued walking on then, in this way, searching for signs of my enemy and my quarry.Φ
Monsters

Re: Azriel's Class 3 Mission: Slaying A Wild Beast

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 pm

From behind a few graves, two ghost-like monsters would be watching Azriel, they were using his life-force to follow and keep track of Azriel as he watched. The ghosts, at the moment were both 80% transparent, only their gleaming eyes were visible.
Azriel
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:39 pm

ΦAs Ghosts would be pretty transparent as well as intangible (I assume), I probably wouldn't be able to feel their physical presence with my water manipulation/sensing using the mists. However, I would know, as soon as the ghosts laid eyes on me, that something was around. It was psychic intuition, purely and untrained. I was unable to know or locate the source of the presence or recognize and identify it, but I knew to be alert. I continued walking a little while longer, slowly my pace, until, eventually, I stopped in the middle of the main road. I turned, small tendrils forming across the surface of my black skin, as though sensing the air like antenna.Φ

Whose there...?

ΦMy voice broke the silence. My voice was edgy and suspicion leaked from me, my eyes narrowing as I searched for the physical clue that would lead me to finding the evasive presence that was lurking about. I felt a bulge at my hip as I called forth Soledge out of my essence, and it formed at my hip, as though it hung there always, although attached via my own tendrils. One of my hands grasped for its hilt, but paused, and I waited, waited for whatever it was to appear.Φ

Show yourself...!
Monsters

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:28 am

As Azriel called out, nothing happened, it seemed as though these ghosts were native to this region, and clearly didn't have babies with them. All would fall eerily silent after.
Azriel
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Mmm...no tasty morsels here it seems...guess I must proceed elsewhere...

ΦI would mutter as the psychic feeling faded and with it any danger that seemed to be present. I patted the snake that was around my shoulders and neck, as I paused and then headed back up the path the way I came, tendrils of the mist swirling around me and seeming to enter into myself, into my essence. Once I left the area, it seemed that the mists had nearly vanished...and perhaps they had...Φ

Return to “Pathway of the Fallen”