They say Yonohara was made by a sword. They say the Order dipped a cold blade into the ocean, and when they pulled it out two perfect drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the islands of Yonohara. Legends and tales say Yonohara was made by a handful of brave men. Warriors, willing to give their lives for what seems to have become a forgotten word: honour.

Indirect training

Stumplands is the name given to the barren land of tree stumps on the west coats of the Laurentia Empire. It was here almost all of the New Laurentia Empire’s lumber and wood came from. All that cutting and deforestation also resulted in the creation of both the Desert of Shifting Sands and the Stumplands.
Sergeant R.A.T.
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Re: Indirect training

Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:23 am

*R.A.T. at the first sign of the round below moving would leap to the side to avoid the move entirely but at the same time he leapt he grabbed a grenade with one hand and threw it high up into the air using Zek's own attack as a way to conceal the throw. Once out of the way at this time the grenade would be falling to land right infront of Zekiri. Using the grenade as a distraction he shouldered the aug instantly and unleashed burst fire from the aug aiming for non vitals like the legs and arms leading his target knowing he would try to dodge the grenade. Normally this kind of shot would be a challenge to pull off but Zek would find out that R.A.T.'s accuracy was immensely sharp and rapid. After that whether the attacks missed or hit R.A.T. would rush a straight charge for him with the sprinting speed of an olympian regardless of all the gear he had on him. During this he kept a close eye ok Zek and have his weapon shouldered but lowered so all he had to do was raise it to aim.*
Sergeant R.A.T.
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:26 am

(During the fight im skipping Lloyds posts he may post at times but its not gonna be constant)
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:18 pm

(( Kk~ ))

☼It was only due to Force awareness that I realized the danger of the grenade a few moments before it landed in front of me and detonated. This was barely enough time for me to roll backward, while firing Kikeri strings from my hands to pull me further around the boulder out of harms way, from both the blast, which hit minimally with more shrapnel of rock than anything else, and missing the aug shots altogether. This also put me out of the man's view for a few moments, which I took advantage of. I quickly pulled and pushed at once, causing the slab of earth from before to come flying towards the man's back while the boulder shot forwards, attempting to crush him as he sprinted towards me. I then whipped my hand around, creating more Kikeri of wind affinity which whipped out around and above the area that the man was in, swirling around waiting for him to dodge out of the way of the earthen attacks. These wind Kikeri were nearly intangible, but were extremely sharp and numerous enough to slice whatever got caught in them into ribbons. I waited where I was, behind where the boulder hand been, my other hand still in my sleeve, readying another move no doubt.☼
Sergeant R.A.T.
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 pm

*What Zek would possibly notice is the grenade shards vanish and reappear on R.A.T. armed and ready. Through use of his goggle hud he would see the power surge and link to the boulder behind him and around and above him. As the slab of rock and boulder neared him he stayed his ground and booted the two chunks of rock HARD in a rapid succession of two slams. In truth Miles used his strength to shatter the boulder and slab of earth and create a dust cloud since due to his true strength this was cake walk to him. He was then forced to use some of his private skills keeping them as hidden as possible among the dust by sending a telekenetic wave powerful enough to shove and seperate the wind kekiri away enough for him to slip through but ended the wave just as it got near Zek so he never really felt it, this however was timed just as he kicked the boulder so it would seem as if his boots possessed subsonic abilities. It was a stretch but it wouldn't be a dead give away as to who he really was even if they noticed the telekenesis.*

*R.A.T. then went on the offensive before the dust cloud cleared and throwing 3 grenades, one for zek, another to his right and the third to his left to confuse him. he in truth however ran back and slid to the ground laying prone using his camoflouge to his advantage aiming down the scope using thermal to line up a shot with the long range use of his aug. In the confusion once he lined up a shot he let loose 3 rapid shots all aimed right for his leg. These shots however were more accurate than the previous since he had the time to line up the shots this time resulting in a definite challenge to dodge these shots. To make matters worse to sense where he was in itself was a challenge too since his bdus and gear hid his thermals, power signature and essentially made him invisible to most special visions.*

*In the miracle he was noticed before he got the shot off he would drop his aug and do an explosive pushup up to the ground faster than you could say "ow" using his bungee sling to keep his aug on him quickly he gripping it.*
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:42 pm

☼As the dust cloud appeared and the man disappeared out of my Wind Kikeri, thrust my hand from out of my sleeve in front of me before slamming my hand into the ground, fingers first. This might have looked like it would have hurt, but my fingers seemed to simply sink with ease through the solid earth below. A ripple of earthen energy moved outwards, as did earth Kikeri following. A few seconds later, the earth Kikeri broke out of the ground, stabbing upwards under and all around where the man lay, the Earth Kikeri acting like hundreds of small yet very sturdy needles, attempting to skewer the man alive. Should any of the Kikeri puncture the man, they would also from there wrap around him, pulling him more securely to the ground, in an attempt to keep him there.

Meanwhile, from out of my sleeve shot out a single playing card, a Joker, old, worn and blood stained. The moment it touched the ground, it glowed and exploded, suddenly replaced by a life-sized replica of the joker on the card. It was one of my Defurgi, a puppet like spirit, aptly named Joker. Joker held his dagger in his right hand, while his left held a small deck of cards. Upon appearing, he thrust out a card, as a line of earth Kikeri shot upwards out of the ground all around him. The card he threw, a 5♦ exploded, and instantly the strings transformed into a thick barrier of crystalline earth surrounding both of us from all sides, stronger than the earth below or the Kikeri themselves. No doubt this was to protect from any further attacks from the man, while I carried out my own. The grenades hit, causing minor damage to the barrier no doubt, as would any shots, if fired, from Miles' aug.☼
Sergeant R.A.T.
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:16 am

*R.A.T. did an explosive push up to standing position as he saw the power signature near him. at most the strings would grab his aug and acting fast he would draw his combat knife and slice the bungee sling off him dropping the gun. At this time the grenades reappeared onto him and he sprint straight for Zek's position pulling out the strange black box with a red dot on it with his free hand. Once out he would slide a knob on the box back with one of is fingers and it would swing out revealing a stock, magazine, and trigger set up ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMy6koV0p4 that gun right there but real steel ). Once flipped out with a fancy light throw up he swung his empty hand for the pistol grip with extended mag and kept rushing Zek's position knowing he had to go close.During this fight Miles inside noticed that fighting with only his public skills was an issue that he had to solve afterward, if he could involve his true skills this fight would be over faster than you could say 'You win'.*
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:21 pm

☼Once the strings caught the aug and the man had shot out of their reach, they would be pulled back underground, the aug being pulled with them and away so that the man wouldn't be able to use it for now at least. Meanwhile, a few moments later, the ground would explode upwards in a long line perpendicular to the man, as hundreds of earth Kikeri sprouted upwards, and created a "bramble" like wall or hedge between myself and the man. The Earth Kikeri had been bulked up by being covered in compact layers of earth, making them thicker and more durable yet. Should the man attempt to run through the wall, the Kikeri would lash out and attempt to fully bind him head to toe. The same went if the man attempted to jump over. And whether or not he did this or not, more earth Kikeri would be shot out from the hedge/wall, attempting to skewer and impale the man as he came towards me, much like they had attempting to do before from below him. If they managed to get close or hit, the Kikeri would also again attempt to capture the man, if possible. Meanwhile, I stood inside the Crystalline barrier, with Joker standing guard in front of me still, cards in one hand and his dagger in the other. We remained silent, waiting and watching to see if the man would get any closer.☼
Sergeant R.A.T.
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:00 pm

*Miles hating he had to do this once again had to delve within his private abilities but concealed it making it look like a type of grenade by throwing it up in the air just as he was nearing the attack range of the offensive bramble and string attacks. When it detonated it would to the eye seem like it spread a cloud of smoke and fade away instantly revealing 7 copies of R.A.T. In truth this was done with a combination of low level telekinesis on the dirt and dust, and Miles's innate cloning and shaping skills. However giving each copy as well as the original a digital flicker made them seem like holograms. avoid the attacks all the copies of R.A.T. leaped backward and all dropped another grenade that once again spread smoke clouding vision in a larger area this time and for longer. Once this smoke cleared only 3 copies remained while 4 were seemingly hidden. In truth they were gone and dismissed but with the body gestures he made the copies make it would seem as if they were sneaking up on Zek. Using this chance Miles had the copies rush Zek full on force with constant gun fire. During this He had enacted his escape plan knowing he would not win this fight without exposing his true nature and the R.A.T. character would not surrender just because he is outmatched. Using the radio he patched into Lloyd's mind sending a telepathic message saying 'fake an injury where the ooze lands.'. Using his telekenises R.A.T. had one of the bullets weave it's way through the bramble and land on the crystalline barrier. On contact it would ricochet and fly straight for Lloyd but mid travel become ooze and splat onto Lloyd's arm and shape a realistic bullet wound.*
Lloyd
7th Rank
7th Rank

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:01 pm

*Getting the telepathic message he reacted instantly gripping his arm showing pain covering the wound and kneeling down.*
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:35 pm

☼I continued to watch from where I was, a single finger touching the ground, connecting to the underground Kikeri network I had created below, using it to sense the vibrations in the ground. A frown crossed my face, as the man created the "holograms" of himself, as I sensed their physicality and movement as though solid. Their sudden disappearance was also quite strange, though I had to leave that process aside for the moment, feeling three of the copies suddenly marching towards me, firing constantly. Despite the Earth Kikeri hedges durability, it wouldn't be able to hold long against such constant onslaught. I focused through my finger touching the ground, causing thick Earth Kikeri tendrils to suddenly erupt out of the ground behind each of the copies, each Earth Kikeri thick as an octopus tentacle, and tipped with a sharp point, which jabbed forwards immediately after appearing, attempting to impale each copy individually. If unsuccessful, they would continue to jab, continually attempting to take the copies down. The same happened with the original man, wherever he was, assuming he was still in the area at the time and hadn't move too far away. Feeling no one sneaking up on me, I was about to launch another attack, when I felt the sudden pulse and noise of a projectile hitting the crystalline barrier. I looked up, eyes widening, not expecting that the bullets would make it this far. However, on the good side of things, the barrier seemed strong enough to repel the bullets, at least at this point. I kept my focus on the copies and the man himself, attempting to keep my attacks pressing, so that they would have a hard time continuing to advance towards myself.☼
Sergeant R.A.T.
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:49 pm

*As the tentacles attempted to impale them it was then R.A.T. noticed Lloyd gripping his arm and with a rush forward and kick upward and back over the tentacle one of the three left battle in a rush activating jet packs built onto his hands and feet. The other two got impaled and faded away into ash that would seem to blow away with the wind. Screaming loudly the retreating soldier yelled "We finish this another time I have wounded to tend to!".

*Assuming R.A.T. made it to Lloyd safely successfully dodging the attacks he slid to a stop on landing by Lloyd and looked at the wound seeing a bullet in his arm.*

"We need to move fast."

*Rushing to the motorcycle he parked he would get on and drive it near Lloyd gesturing for him to sit infront of him so Rats arms acted as barriers for him.*
Lloyd
7th Rank
7th Rank

Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:51 pm

*Agreeing completely Lloyd moved his hand flinching in pain as he moved it acting in pain. and when he drove the motorcycle up he would get on still gripping his arm. If however Rat was unable to get to Lloyd safely he stepped back and kept hold of his arm.*
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:00 pm

☼As the man retreated backwards, the attacks would cease, especially after he called out for a truce. The earth Kikeri wall was pulled back into the ground, while the Crystalline barrier fragmented and broke down, allowing a view of both Joker and myself. I stood upwards, watching as the man mounted the motor bike with the younger boy, wondering what had gone amiss. It might have had something to do with the boy being injured, though I couldn't guess how. I felt no other people close by in the area. Still, I was a little sad to see them go so soon...it felt like the fight had been getting off good, until the man stopped. I was tempted to call him back, but then decided not to. I nodded towards him, then the Joker and I turned and wandered off, eventually walking out of sight, moving to explore elsewhere, and leaving the once-precious boulder behind.☼
Sergeant R.A.T.
2nd Rank
2nd Rank

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:05 pm

*Once out of sight and ear shot of Zek Rat said through the mental link 'you can stop holding the wound now.' and continued to drive toward his destination.*
Lloyd
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:06 pm

*Lloyd stopped acting injured and relaxed while holding stability to the motorcycle.*

'whyd you throw the fight? you were doing so well.'

*lloyd thought to convey the message

Return to “Stumplands”