They say Yonohara was made by a sword. They say the Order dipped a cold blade into the ocean, and when they pulled it out two perfect drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the islands of Yonohara. Legends and tales say Yonohara was made by a handful of brave men. Warriors, willing to give their lives for what seems to have become a forgotten word: honour.

Kuwa's First 2 Study Tomes: Hunting the Murk Flats

One who wishes to enter the Keys from the mainlands must first cross the Murk Flats, a vast expanse of marshes covered by a tall canopy above. The area itself is littered with hundreds of active sulfur geysers, which erupt without warning, spraying sulfur polluted water straight up and in all directions, endangering any who come into contact with the corrosive spray. The very ground itself, if it could be called, is unstable and mucky. The water is so diluted with sulfur that even breathing the gases the rise off of it could be dangerous. The journey is not for the faint of heart, or is what lies beyond...
Kuwa
6th Rank
6th Rank

Kuwa's First 2 Study Tomes: Hunting the Murk Flats

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:28 pm

*After leaving Keiz, I headed out across the expansive marshes and jungles that made up the Murkwood Keys. It seemed that they were endless and I thought they were a good choice for wanting to remain hidden. However, once I crossed into the area known as the Murk Flats, I wondered how this place was inhabitable at all. The very air was dangerous, as was the marshy ground, if one did not take care where they were stepping. Thankfully I had enhanced eyesight due to the Raikoglyff and I could take a little less time and attention on where I was putting my feet. I began to scour the area, looking for the two tomes, or signs of what might be guarding them. I kept one hand near my sword and my attention focused on my surroundings, making sure not to be jumped.*
NPC

Re: Kuwa's First 2 Study Tomes: Hunting the Murk Flats

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:50 pm

As Kuwa walked, nothing worth noting down could be seen, or sensed for several kilometres. As he moved further into the area, the air would get thicker and thicker with sulphates making breathing harder and harder without aid. Way up in the distance a scouting party from Laurentia was moving through the landscape. The path hey were taking would take them straight towards Kuwa if they kept moving. The scouting party were 4 soldiers, each wearing a special Biosuit. Each of the soldiers were riding in a hovercraft, that was more of an Armoured Personnel Carrier. The Hovercraft was moving slowly through the area, making sure not to disturb the landscape in case something larger and more powerful than them might be alerted. The scouting party hadent yet detected Kuwa.

Inside the vehicle, there was a single gunner on the gatling turret, two in the back area and the driver.

Kuwa
6th Rank
6th Rank

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:25 pm

*As soon as the soldiers came into view, I darted behind the nearest tree, peeking around the tree to keep track of the soldiers. I focused particularly hard to see if they happened to have the tomes...and if they did things were going to get sticky. If they didn't, I would most likely let them pass, not wanting an unneeded confrontation, being I needed to find the tomes instead. While I waited, I cut a piece of cloth from my clothing and tied it around my mouth and nose to filter out some of the sulfurous gases, though my advanced nervous system was helping too by clearing away the toxins faster.*
NPC

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:25 pm

From where Kuwa was, he could probably see with his Raikoglyff that the soldier in the back was texting on a Military Grade phone. Although it looked like he was trying to get signal, of which was being jammed badly by the atmosphere in the Murk Flats. Kuwa might also notice, in the back of the Carrier, that the tome box he was looking for was in it. For now, the driver continued forwards, heading towards Keiz, and out of the Murk Flats. He was unaware that there were orders to withdraw.
Kuwa
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:40 pm

*The moment my eyes locked onto the tomes, my eyes narrowed, calculating how best to defeat the small squad of scouts. No doubt they had superior firepower with the hovercraft, so I needed to disable that first. While still watching the hover craft, I waited for a bit, allowing it to move forwards a little further into view. While I waited, I built up a bit of electrical energy in my off hand and when the time was right, spiraled around the other side of the three and thrust my off hand out, unleashing a condensed bolt of electricity, aimed directly for the central power core of their hovercraft (easily seen by the Raikoglyff as well). The bolt was intended to overload their systems and possibly case the core to even explode, upsetting the crew and giving me a larger window. However, I didn't wait for that opening to appear before moving. Instead, I shot forward in a blur after the bolt was fired, circling around the back, drawing my sword in one hand and pulling my red fan Akauchiwa out from my belt. Upon nearing the back of the hovercraft, I slashed outwards with the red fan, unleashing a wave of boiling hot air, which I intended to blast the soldiers backward, in case they were poised to attack, and also give them something to thing about after being blasted back with the burns, or at least enough to melt their masks and obscure their vision. I kept my eye out for the box with the tomes in it as well, hoping I would be presented with an opening to take it. However, I wasn't too worried about ruffing these military scouts up too much...the way I saw it, they were invading Keiz's territory and stealing the tomes.*
NPC

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:15 am

The electric ball hit the APC like an EMP instantly disabling the engine and putting shutting down any HoloVisor's and Smart Phones and tech the soldiers and truck might have been transporting. The soldiers were trained though and weren't too surprised at this. The Gunner whom was on top, would instantly begin spinning the Gatling turret and upon the first sign of Kuwa would open fire with a spray of Gatling rounds. The soldier on the back, would pull up his rifle and look down the sights, but by the time he did this, a strong gust of hot air would blast across him, luckily for him, his Respirator and head gear would protect his face. even though his mask protected his face, the plastic and rubber on it wouldn't fare so well, and because of the great heat would melt closed forcing him to remove the Respirator. Almost instantly, he would begin coughing, both from the heated shot that knocked him back and the sulphur filled air. The soldier in the turret, would be hit in the side by the hot air blast as he was turning the manual turret to face the rear of the APC. Like the first, his hoses on the Respirator would be melted closed, and he too would be forced to remove the mask, but not before he gripped the Gatling turret and fired on Kuwa once again. The two soldiers that were safe inside the cabin, would slowly open the doors and move out, drawing up their rifles and they did so.
Kuwa
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:26 pm

*Upon seeing the two soldiers appear out of the cabin and the Gatling gun wielder began to recover, I burst across the surface of the hovercraft, blasting straight towards the Gatling gun in a blur of speed, drawing my Shinkira blade, which flashed with electrical energy. My aim was to meet the gun wielder before he had a chance to fire and upon arriving slice clean through the thin barrel metal and continue the arc of my cutting, electro-kinetic blade to slash the man across the chest as well, probably doing more electrical burn damage at that point than actually cutting. If the cut was clean, I would launch myself to one side, slashing downwards towards one of the appearing soldiers, electricity sparking out from my blade. If the cut/attack were not clean, I would launch myself in a overhead leap over the top of the Gatling seat, attempting to slash the soldier standing there from overhead and disable his ability to shoot.*
NPC

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 pm

Kuwa's slash connected with the gatling gun slicing through the thin barrels and continuing up the chest of the gunner and to his neck. In an instant, he grasped his neck and began coughing blood. With the deadly air and the sliced up body he was dead for sure. The soldier exiting the vehicle silently, would have Kuwa fall atop him and slicing him from the head down. Luckily, he had his helmet on, for if he didn't, he was dead on the spot. After being stuck in the head, he would feel a little woozy and drop to the ground from the electricity flowing through his body. On the ground he would quickly convulse leaving himself wide open, even though it wasn't his choice.

The soldier exiting the driver-side, would instantly drop two grenades and begin running for the nearest tree to hide behind.
Kuwa
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:49 am

*Upon landing, I took the struck man's convulsions as a opportunity and struck downwards with two fingers of my open hand, hitting the man in the shoulder and unleashing a concentrated stream of electrical energy. The attack wasn't meant to injure or kill the man, rather completely paralyze him so he couldn't attack any longer. He would still be able to breath, luckily for him, but any voluntary movement would be cut off. I quickly rolled backwards as the grenades went off, using an electrical burst to blast me back further. I then crouched low, quickly surveying the area with my enhanced vision. Even through the gloom created by the grenade explosions, I could sense the energy of the last soldier. I gritted my teeth, annoyed by how close I was to recovering the tomes I needed...this man would suffer if he attempted to get in my way. Deciding to fire off a warning shot towards the man, I shot forward, thrusting a free hand overhead and launching a stream of electrical energy, like a thin bolt of lightning, which arced through the air and struck the ground on the opposite side of the tree the man would be hiding behind. Upon hitting the ground, I would trigger the bolt to detonate, causing an explosion similar to that of a grenade, blasting mud and water in all directions and probably shaking the tree. Meanwhile I continued to burst towards the back of the hovercraft, aiming to stanch the tomes up out of their box, slicing the cover off if necessary with my sword. I kept my attention on the man also while moving, ready to alter my course if he should attempt anything.*
NPC

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 am

the solider was scared of Kuwa, never before had he seen something like this. In all his days as a soldier and living in Laurentia. Perhaps he should have ventured out more, perhaps he should have read more about world events. But either way, he was afraid and hiding for now. Before he knew it, the grenades went off and then something exploded into the tree he was hiding behind. When it did, he took off running again leaving the wreckage to Kuwa and anything inside it. Kuwa would find the tomes in the back of the APC in a box that was explosion, bullet and water proof.
Kuwa
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:53 pm

*Upon seeing the soldier flee the scene, I slowed until I was standing in front of the box, staring after the fleeing man. Part of me urged to pursue him, put him down for attacking me and attempting to steal my tomes. However, I decided he wasn't worth it and had earned his escape by not putting much more of a fight up and getting in my way. He was the smartest of the group, by far. I reached down and quickly plucked the tomes out of the box before tucking them away for later. I then headed off, making my way back to Keiz, keeping to the shadows and keeping an eye out for any more soldiers.*
Environment

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Kuwa would find along with the tome, some general rations, medkits and some ammo cases sealed inside strong metal containers. Along with those were dozens of torn apart boxes and stuff that wasn't salvageable thanks to the grenade explosion. Some of the dead soldiers each had about 6 gold credits in their pockets.

Return to “The Murk Flats”