You can now link your characters account to your main one. Use the drop down menu in the top right corner then go to profile, from there edit your profile, then go to Linked Accounts. Then begin adding from there. The dropdown menu in the top right is where you can find your linked accounts.

Scouting Keiz 2: Into the Murk Flats

One who wishes to enter the Keys from the mainlands must first cross the Murk Flats, a vast expanse of marshes covered by a tall canopy above. The area itself is littered with hundreds of active sulfur geysers, which erupt without warning, spraying sulfur polluted water straight up and in all directions, endangering any who come into contact with the corrosive spray. The very ground itself, if it could be called, is unstable and mucky. The water is so diluted with sulfur that even breathing the gases the rise off of it could be dangerous. The journey is not for the faint of heart, or is what lies beyond...
the General
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Scouting Keiz 2: Into the Murk Flats

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:42 pm

After passing through the small jungle, the General would make his way into the Murk Flats, this place was alien, the ground was acidic, the air was acidic, the geysers spraying acid into the air were acidic, oh and breathing it it was acidic. Luckily, the General's RHS had environmental controls that would make the area just around his perimeter a warm and stable 23.3 Celsius. The environmental control systems were mainly used to survive in space without space suits, but could also be used in harsh conditions, like landing on volatile planets, and exploring the depths of magma filled chambers, or deep see diving. They were sure to help here, both to keep the air inside him purified and the acid out. His intangibility would also factor in here, had it not, he'd be spotted with ease in the murky fog.

He walked onwards scanning the area taking in detailed readings and map data.
----------
Tragedies make you who you are

the General's Theme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tf-VTR_A1Y
Environment

Re: Scouting Keiz 2: Into the Murk Flats

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:59 pm

♦While tG moved on, now wondering through the Murk Flats, geysers blasted upwards randomly, spilling acid and spewing muck all across the landscape. Clouds of acid rolled across the area, obscuring sight, though not just tG from sight...but also tG's sight. Something slippery descended beneath the surface of the acid coursing swamp waters, swimming with ease, hidden beneath deeper than one could have realized the swamp waters really were. Whatever it was, it stayed far away from tG...far enough away not to be detected, for it was a master of deception, a prince of invisibility...and very curious about what someone like tG was doing here. Whatever it was, it was not fooled by tG's abilities of subterfuge, but it was wise enough, at this point, not to get too close.

Elsewhere across the Murk Flats, no sentient beings could be traced nor seen, even without the dense acid clouds. Animal life, on the other hand, was abundant. Thick forms of plant and fungi life covered the Murk Flats, those that had adapted to the harsh environment thrived. Even some animal species, fish, amphibian, and reptile, had learned to adapt to the acid, and now were one with the Murk Flats. Not once, but three times one of these species had suddenly risen from their murky hiding spots in attempt to get a bite out of tG...though probably getting more than they could chew. Otherwise, nothing, other than the harsh environment that tG had already shielded himself from, would stop him from trudging on.♦
the General
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:15 pm

As the acid got thicker, the General's HUD would continue to work it's magic by filtering it out, so that ho him, the landscape and everything would appear as if there wasn't misty acid at all. His HUD also detected movement below the waters, thus, he used to RHS to manipulate the gravity in the area causing him to float upwards, the same tech was used in space ships to generate and manipulate gravity so people could walk inside the ship without floating away from the surface. He would do this to dodge the attacks from the creatures, without using his Verniers which caused large blasts of energy to be emitted, something that was easily detectable. He was now a good 3 feet above the surface, walking on the air as if there was a surface. Walking he kept an eye on the depths below him, just in case those things could jump as high as he had moved. He continued his walk towards the innermost areas of the island, his direction was leading him to Either Keiz or the Wild Isles, but only getting there would he find out.
----------

Environment

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:59 pm

♦As tG entered near the very center of the Murkwood Keys, he would have two choices of paths...at least as far as exploring and following signs of life and such. To the north, he would feel a more familiar energy signature, though perhaps too faint at this point to make out entirely. It was nature based, though very orderly. He might also feel another familiar presence in that direction, a little closer it seemed, one that the swamp itself seemed to bend towards...to obey, though subtly at this point. To the south, the same sort of energy signature was present, however different at the same time. While similar to the northern signature, it was not orderly, rather very wild and untamed, the kind that sent shivers down your spine, and goosebumps across your flesh. Whichever path tG decided to follow, he would no doubt find the source of the signatures...though if that was a good meeting or not, only time would tell...♦
the General
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:18 pm

the General continued, he detected the faint sign of two energy signatures, normally, scans would be made to better sense them, but subtlety was the key. He decided to go south, heading towards the turbulent of the two signatures. He wanted to find out what it was, not for the mission, but for himself. Thus, he began to trudge further and further into the heart of the Murkwood Keys. He remained hidden behind his veils, or attempted too, he wasn't too good at stealth. He walked, hovering over the waters just out of harms reach, when land came he would descend towards the ground and scan a tree before placing his hand upon it and letting it's biological information flow into him. He was curious...

After that he started walking again, this time on foot, towards the signature that was getting stronger, and more wild the closer he got.
----------

Environment

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:15 pm

♦As tG moved further and further south through the Murkwood Keys, the energy signature would indeed intensify and become more wild. Once tG began to walk across the ground, through the trees, he might notices small animals moving through the underbrush, overgrowth, canopy, and murky pools, some better at hiding themselves than others. Some of these animals, despite tG's cloaking, seemed to have a certain knack for sensing his presence....not enough to know exactly where he was, but perhaps just sensing something was hidden there...moving unseen. After moving so far south, tG might be able to pick up upon two distinct signals that stood out from the otherwise vague wild signature. These seemed to be side by side, flanking some gateway or the gateway to something. They were too far in the distance to make out exactly, perhaps, but they might catch tG's interest anyways. Lastly, as once before, a presence seemed to be following tG again or perhaps it never had stopped. It's elusiveness might have out matched tG's, only allowing him to feel that tingly "someone's watching me" feeling, while being elusive to most other forms of detection...and far enough away to aid with that. However, if tG looked closely, he might notice that all of the animals that he passed by suddenly vanished once he got so far away from them....as though they were fleeing from something sinister.....♦
the General
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:39 pm

The presence, at least what could be made of it, remained ignored, if someone was following him, or something, he wasn't going to give away his position just like that. the General would then come to a stop, as he stopped, the ground below him cracked a bit and a hole began to form, from this hole, came a small Rabbit, one that was native to the area. This was a Real Hologram Construct made by the General. It was flesh, blood, had it's own energy, even a living soul, an artificial soul, but none the less it felt real to anyone who wasn't trained at figuring out the difference. The rabbit was also given memories and imperfections just as a normal one would have. It, like a rabbit, began hopping away the instant it saw the General, it headed in the direction of one of the two energy signatures. The rabbit would relay any findings back to the General. the General himself would start his walk again, watching his HUD only to see that things were running away from him, or something worse... For now, the General just picked up his walking speed and continued in the direction the Rabbit he sent out was going in.
----------

Environment

Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:40 pm

♦As the conjured rabbit approached the source of the two signatures, it would come face to face with two large wolves flanking a large archway created out of huge thorny vines. The wolves were the size of large boulders, pure white with an black glyff patterned in the fur on their foreheads. Their jet black eyes turned to follow the rabbit with icy gaze as soon as it appeared before them. Both remained still for a little while, though it wasn't long before their lips curled back in a dual snarl, which started low, but began to rise the longer the rabbit remained near. If the rabbit should continue towards them, he would most likely end up as lunch...or a light snack considering the size of the wolves, and there being two of them. The presence following tG remained a little ways off still, continuing to trail secretly behind...or at least mostly so...♦
the General
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:33 pm

The rabbit, upon seeing the wolfs, would naturally flee, it ran to the left attempting to run around them in a wide half circle. As the rabbit ran, it sent the images back to the General, detailed ones of the whole area, 3D, with all the data needed. tG could now view the whole area as a large 3D map, and he did as he walked. He took note of the wolves and began moving in that direction, straight towards them. As he walked, he put the map away and turned his attention back towards the surroundings.
----------

Environment

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:45 am

♦As the rabbit moved away from the wolves, they remained completely still, almost breathlessly still, for the time being. As tG came closer to them, they stiffened, if that was really possible, their black eyes glaring in his direction, though they didn't move yet. Their gaze was icy, so much so that it could almost be felt cold, sending shivers down one's spine. If tG would attempt to come any closer to the archway, however, the showing of teeth and growling would began again, as a warning. They did not move otherwise, though it probably could be concluded that they would if tG attempted to enter uninvited. The presence behind tG began to slow, shrinking into the shadows as though waiting to see what would happen with the wolves and tG...if tG could even make out what it was doing at this point.♦
the General
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:54 am

As the General arrived, he took note of the wolves, which were staring directly at him, regardless of his attempt to stealth himself. As it was pointless now, the shroud hiding the General would be released and he would become visible to the Wolves. the General would walk towards the wolves who seemed to be protecting this gateway of sorts.

"I'm just an explorer, I mean no harm" he would say with the Universal Translator active hoping these wolves could understand him.
----------

Azriel
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:54 pm

ΦEven as the last syllable of tG's words were uttered, a small ripple would move through the murk and earth of the Murkwood floor further behind tG, about twenty yards. As this ripple moved outwards, a form began to rise silently from the murk, slowly rising and shaping into the form of a small humanoid, purple skinned, and wild, nearly insane look in the eye. I stood with my arms crossed, staring at tG's back with a wicked grin on my face, as the earth and water below me continued to slowly ripple outwards from me. I spoke suddenly, letting the area around us be filled with my voice, like a whisper on the wind, and the hiss of a snake.Φ

'Explorer', eh...? Sounds like 'snack' to me....

ΦI stated slyly, watching tG carefully, in case he scared easily. I waited for him to turn around, while ignoring the wolves, the gate-guardians, Tehex and Rahex, also known as the Sacred Wolf Brothers of the Gate. They were of little consequence at this point, at least to me, as I was here now, and this traveler was my meal. He smelled...different than others who I had consumed, though I couldn't say that I had eaten that many explorers recently...most people avoided the Murkwood Keys, and for good reason. I waited still, ready to pounce, yet calmly watching in the process.Φ
Environment

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:09 pm

♦As Azriel appeared, the wolves eyes moved from tG to him in an instant, apparently caught off guard at his appearance, having been so focused on tG. They simultaneously bowed their heads in Azriel's direction, speaking in a low growl that tG might have a harder time making out.♦ "Baron..." ♦They then straightened, keeping straight and still as they were before, guarding the gate still. Their eyes moved back and forth between Azriel and tG, watching with bated breath, waiting to see what the Baron did, and if they would get any scraps from it...♦
the General
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:20 pm

After revealing himself, things seemed to change a lot, the presence that was always lurking showed itself and the wolves seemed to respond to it, nature itself responded to it. The rabbit he let out before was no longer of use and would be set free to live, or die or whatever came of creatures out here. the General then turned himself to face Azriel who at this point was just starting to speak. As he turned to Azriel, his systems were already scanning him in an attempt to gather information on his DNA, Energy, Species, Gender, and all the General stuff that made a person a person. Initial scans showed that the "energy" of this newcomer was familiar, but it just couldn't be pinpointed at this point what exactly it was connected to that made it familiar. Gender showed male, voice would soon prove that too. Species, this came to be odd, it just showed an error, as if it was something already seen, but different, or mutated or something.

"I do not intend to be made into a snack. I've only come this way for exploration, knowledge and information. I am Supreme Representative William Sywyk of the Sanctity Treaty, I mean no harm to you." His words were without hate or harm, but could be turned to that if an assault came his way.

For now, the General remained in his uniform, no weapons called into reality and nothing hostile.
----------

Azriel
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:21 am

ΦI crossed my arms over my bare chest, cocking my head to the side after tG informed me of who he was, curious as to why he was here....and why my food wanted me to know who it was and why it was here. Most people would have ran screaming by now. I narrowed my eyes, looking tG over again, suddenly feeling as though I had met him before somewhere.....or Ezekiel had before I left his mind. I continued to consider him even as I replied.Φ

Hummm....I've never tried diplomat before....are you a little juicier than normal mortals, perhaps...?

ΦI asked in a serious tone, though really I was joking....well, maybe I was. I continued to consider tG, eyeing him up and wondering what part to try first....or just to swallow him whole, like most things I ate. I opened my mouth a little, allowing a long slimy tongue to emerge, taking a generous time of licking my lips and tasting the air, before retreating back into my mouth. Meanwhile, I slowly took a step to my right, and then another a moment later. If tG was sharp, he might start to realize I was starting to circle around him, perhaps to find a good angle to take my first munch...or perhaps still attempting to eye tG up more. Either way, I continued on, circling tG counterclockwise, keeping close eye on all of tG's movements while preparing myself.Φ

Return to “The Murk Flats”