They say Yonohara was made by a sword. They say the Order dipped a cold blade into the ocean, and when they pulled it out two perfect drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the islands of Yonohara. Legends and tales say Yonohara was made by a handful of brave men. Warriors, willing to give their lives for what seems to have become a forgotten word: honour.

Linnea's Summoning Abilities

Only approved abilities belong here. Any adjustments must be posted as a separate post and approved by a Moderator or Administrator before being utilized.
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Linnea's Summoning Abilities

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:13 am

Linnea wields a golden colored magic, light magic, specifically magic harnessed from the sun, and as such feels warm like the sun as well. It is capable of dispelling even the nastiest curses and diseases. Ranks increase the time needed to heal a wound efficiently, where higher ranks mean less time needed.

Because she has had a well known teacher on the Vescrutian plane, she has learned much from him. Not only is she able to heal mortal wounds, including working on torn organs, broken tendons, and other repairable wounds on creatures, Linnea can also "heal" materials. With a broken wooden table, Linnea can replicate the material of wood and fill in what is needed in order for it to be used again. This is not at all to be considered ‘time-turning’ magic; rather it is replication using the material already existent. With denser materials, it would take longer to replicate, however with wounds and flesh, she works the quickest because of familiarity.

Here are examples of healing she is capable of doing:
Broken limbs and bones
Small cuts and bruises
Fractured limbs and bones
Anything sprained
Internal bleeding
Can clot wounds quickly in order to stop bleeding[generally used in combat]
Sedative and painkiller through energetic means
Torn organs(can replace rough and smooth muscle)
Torn muscles and skin
Etc...
Last edited by Linnea Redhunt on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Re: Chantilly's Spells and Spirit Abilities

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:51 am

Linnea’s second ability and only offensive/defensive ability is to summon creatures and do spells that are randomly available to her through the environment. She has the eyes and naturally has the ancient language to speak with land in general, despite the universe or realm she is in (therefore this ability can transcend all universes, Kwan, Ves, or Esc alike) and Linnea can pull the same creatures out of the same plane that she usually does in all of these universes. In a way, this has to do with strange dimensional magic that allows her to open rifts to unleash creatures or special spells available in that particular plane. On that note, it would be advisable not to try to absorb (or ingest...just don’t try to put it anywhere internal…) any of Linnea’s spells because the universe or plane where she grabs it from may be incompatible and too unstable to try to be a source of energy for anyone to use. Results can be dangerous.

Linnea typically begins two white/translucent orbs. While invisible to most people, if Linnea is able to concentrate, she can see that these translucent orbs hover and float all around Kwandrivia, especially in places that are full of lush nature or mountainous regions. When Linnea is in battle, these translucent orbs become a very bright white in color. White orbs correspond to land energy (abbreviated as LE); think of LE as currency that allows her to summon creatures. Every time Linnea is capable of posting, she gains +1 LE.

Colored orbs are the creatures and spells that come to be available to her. For those who may remember, Linnea uses creatures from the Magic: the Gathering series. This concept is still continuous, except the idea has changed where I, as the roleplayer, am no longer playing the game in the background. Creatures and spells are drawn through a random card generator here:
http://magiccards.info/random.html. I will generate three cards that are capable of being played and choose from those cards, then 'discard' the rest. This process is repeated every time Linnea takes a turn.

There are only two exceptions that makes it so pulling cards will not always be random. I, as the roleplayer, am capable of altering is whether or not I would like a spell or a creature; if I would like a spell and I keep drawing creature cards, then I will keep rolling till I get a spell card Linnea is capable of playing, even if it is an undesirable one. The other exception is if at any time I pull a card that requires less than half the amount of LE than Linnea current has, I can keep drawing to find another one. For example, if Linnea has five LE and I draw Bog Initiate which requires two LE, then I can skip Bog Initiate if I wish, only because Linnea holds more than double its LE cost.

Creatures are summoned by taking the colored creature orb and the appropriate amount of LE and combining them. Doing so opens a rift close to Linnea which allows the creature to step out. This creature has the capability to do the same abilities written on the actual card or at least something that is tangible for the Kwandrivia/roleplay universe. In other words, it’s my job to think of something creative regarding what is being summoned. All of the traits are typically taken from the color of the creature, the numerical attack and defense, and name/ability description. For example: Wall of Heat is a creature that is a Defender, therefore as a Defender it cannot attack and will not attack in roleplay either. Another example: Goblin Chirugeon can be sacrificed in order to fully heal another creature, just as its description allows.

Here is a general list of colors and how it corresponds to a creatures' attributes:

Red = The Fast; weak, but has speed, takes little LE to summon
Green = The Sturdy; high attack, high defense, but slow, and typically takes more LE to summon
White = The Healers, can heal, many are fliers, moderate attack and defense, average to low LE to summon
Black = The Dead; necromancy and life drainers, low attack, moderate defense, average LE to summon
Blue = The Mystic; mages and the like, many blue cards are spells, high attack, low defense, moderate speed, average LE to summon

The nature of spells also correspond to the colors as well, so white spells can heal or black spells can drain life or cause slowing status effects.

The last concept is new and not known in the Magic universe and was actually suggested to me. Smaller creatures (read: ones that need less LE to be summoned) can be combined with larger creatures in order to make them stronger. Their numerical attack and defense can be added as long as Linnea pays one more LE to combine them. Example: Academy Rector (½) is in play; Sage Owl(1/1; 2 LE required) is drawn; Linnea uses 3 LE in order to 1) summon Sage Owl and 2) use one of the LEs to combine it with Academy Rector for it to become a ⅔.
Last edited by Linnea Redhunt on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:08 am

Common Q & A

(Please let me know if you have a question. I'll add it to the Q & A immediately.)

1) What about creatures that require a certain color of land, like in the actual card game?

I’ve gotten rid of lands having to be certain colors simply because it really over complicates things. I think it’s easier not only for me, but also my opponent if LE was a universal energy as opposed to a specific and particular color corresponding to certain creatures.

2) Is it possible to harm, catch, or absorb any of Linnea’s orbs?

No. It’s pretty much impossible. I mentioned before that Linnea is already capable of seeing these orbs in their raw and natural state, so everyone has cut through, breathed, tried to catch these orbs just by jumping around, waving a sword randomly, what have you. These orbs are impossible to touch and trying to kill them would be a total waste of time.

3) What about “destroy all creatures/artifacts/spell” cards?

These cards will not apply unless there is something or someone in the area that it can apply to. I can see how a “destroy spell” cards can negate a spell entirely or disable the spell from being used for a certain amount of time in battle. I do not believe anything should be able to instantaneously ‘destroy’ a creature unless someone of far sufficient rank can do that (say a rank 5 creature versus a rank 2). The most it would do is render it unconscious. I believe that the only thing I can agree with is destroying an artifact. If there is an artifact in battle, a card that can destroy it may do that or may disrupt it from being used efficiently.

4) Do creatures that give land on the card give Linnea LE?

Yes, in the post AFTER they are summoned. Summoning sickness still applies in terms of what that creature is able to do, however they are still capable of defending themselves.

5) How do creatures get stronger with rank?

Creatures are still limited to their numerical attack and defense as mentioned above. When Linnea ranks, these creatures

6) What about rarer cards (black, silver, gold)?

Doesn’t pertain to Linnea’s abilities. Typically silver and gold cards can be expensive, so if Linnea has the LE to pay for it, she can play it. That’s how its going.

7) What happens if you draw the same card?

I can still use it. Though random is random, I can’t control it if it gives me the same card and I choose to summon that card.

8) What about removing a card from the game?

If a card tells me that I have to remove something from the game, it literally means that I can no longer summon it, even if I get it randomly. This is the only exception to the question above.
Last edited by Linnea Redhunt on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farron
Tartarian of the Order

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:22 pm

~Approved~
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Can this be moved to the approved abilities forum?
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Re: Linnea's Summoning Abilities

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:07 am

Edited to fit Linnea's abilities. Just to let you know, even though Lin from Esc was under the same concept, the abilities have been rewritten to adhere to different rules. Therefore, this also needs approval.
Thundarius
Tartarian of the Order

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:36 am

I Approve this, just gonna wait to see what Eze says.
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:09 am

That'd be preferred, thanks.
Farron
Tartarian of the Order

Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:40 pm

I'll approve this under one condition: if possible, please post in (( )) how much LE you have every turn please...just for the sake of simplicity for everyone, so that its easy to keep tract what was used/left/gained, etc...

:Approved:
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:23 am

I considered it mandatory for me to do it, regardless even if you didn't ask. I will be both in the beginning of each turn and also within the roleplay paragraphs. Thanks for approval.
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:52 am

Edit: how generating cards work in order to give a little more choice. I'm finding the process I'm working with a little difficult. Please let me know if this is approved.

Edit is in 2nd post:
"I will generate three cards that are capable of being played and choose from those cards, then 'discard' the rest. This process is repeated every time Linnea takes a turn."
Farron
Tartarian of the Order

Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:00 am

::Approved::

Return to “Abilities”