I have Rebuilt the Kwandrivia Roleplay World, there are new national banner and a simplified layout that is easier to use and has less subforums. I have also skipped the Civil War Idea I had and just made the new layout with that in mind.

The Laurentia Empire has now split into two nations, the Anglia Empire and the United States of Laurentia.

Taking a Trip: Medius Finds a New Weapon

The Hall of Khrormagaral was founded by Dwarven King Gromrack Khrormagaral near the foundation of the first cities on the Helm Islands, it was and always has been a home to the Dwarven people that live in this area. While it isn't the largest of the Dwarven Hall's, it is the one closest to a large population. Thus it was chosen to house the Core Weapon Aspect, and any others the Dwarves might have.
Medius
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Taking a Trip: Medius Finds a New Weapon

Mon May 18, 2015 11:13 pm

\A little while after returning Revil to Keiz, I decided to take a trip to the Helm Islands, a popular place, yet I didn't go for its sights. Somewhere, I had heard talk of a new place open here that one could learn to use a new type of weapon....one with strength and adaptability not seen elsewhere before. Deciding to check it out, because I had nothing else to do anyways, I teleported myself to the Helm Islands, eventually finding the place I heard about. I entered in quietly, looking around at the massive hall that lay before me, clearly a workplace for some grand purpose. I scanned the area, seeing that weapons were indeed made here, though their utility still remained a mystery to me. Curious, I entered in further, seeking the truth about the weapons they made here...and if I could possibly try to wield them./
NPC

Re: Taking a Trip: Medius Finds a New Weapon

Tue May 19, 2015 11:10 am

♥Upon entering, Medius would enter into a grand hall, which was completely open, only large pills blocked parts of the areas from view. The inside was filled with different areas, however, for sure. One area was designated to a large collaboration of heavy machinery. Upon closer inspection, it could be made out as a steam forge, which the Core Weapons were "forged". A single dwarf, probably the forge master, stood atop a raised section of the floor, overseeing the other forge workers as they crafted the intricate weapons. Another area was designated to refining the weapons that were produced in the forge. They were in charge of cleaning, polishing, sharpening, and otherwise detailing the weapons that were produced. Here another set of dwarves worked under a single supervisor. Still another area held a large display of the finished works, with only two dwarves manning the area. Another more professional area existed nearby the showcases with a large collection of stones, all of different colors and hues, displayed behind glass and glowing brightly with metaphysical light. Here only a single dwarf sat, manning the otherwise deserted shop.

Before Meduis could move towards any of these stations, however, a moderately well dressed dwarf would approach him, a smile on his face. His hands were tucked behind his back and he spoke pleasantly, not something that would be expected of dwarves of such craft.♥

"Welcome, Sir. With what can I assist you today?"
Medius
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Tue May 19, 2015 11:34 am

\My eyes moved over the various areas as I walked in, taking in the weapons being crafted, the processes going on, and the shops selling their wares. I then looked over towards the dwarf who approached and spoke to me kindly. I gave him a nod, calmly speaking./

I heard a rumor about special weapons originating here...I came here to inquire about them...and possibly come to wield one of my own....

\My voice was quiet, though loud enough for the dwarf to hear, most others any distance away would have a harder time. I then waited for his answer, my eyes straying back out across the hall to the various stations./
NPC

Tue May 19, 2015 11:52 am

♥The dwarf listened patiently to Medius, nodding and smiling softly after he was finished.♥

"Yes, you heard correctly. Here, in the Hall of Khrormagaral, we have brought the sacred art of forging Core Weapons, masterpieces in their own right. If you would like to learn more, follow me this way..."

♥With a swish of his fancy robes, the dwarf strode off, not really bothering to see if Medius was following. His pace was quick, probably quicker than one would expect for a dwarf. He lead Medius from there directly to where the Core Weapons were placed on display, a large area attended by two dwarves. The fancy dwarf bowed to them and then spoke, pausing only for Medius to catch up, if he had fallen behind.♥

"Allow me to present a new Core Warrior...He is looking for his weapon, if you could assist him?"

♥The fancy dwarf introduced Medius while the two weapon attenders turned and walked a few paces forward to get a closer look. They nodded and smiled, beckoning Medius forward further into the area as the fancy dwarf then departed without another word, heading back up towards the entrance. One of the attendants then began to speak, inquiring to Medius's wishes.♥

"Good afternoon, Sir...allow me to introduce you to our armory. Here you will find the largest of collections of Core Weapons ever produced. Here, you will have your pick from the longest of lists, no doubt we can deliver to whatever your heart's content is. Tell me, what type of weapon interests you? Something melee? Ranged? Thrown or Charged?"
Medius
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Tue May 19, 2015 12:00 pm

\I nodded and followed the dwarf towards one of the display areas, which I assumed was a shop...which to my surprise, it sort of wasn't...kind of. I smiled at the two attendants, before starting to move around, still listening, but wanting to peek at the core weapons they had on display. There were a great deal of them, all shapes and sizes, all with intricate designs and shapes. I turned towards the dwarf who had begun asking questions of me, thinking about what I wanted./

I guess ranged...and charged...?

\I had plenty of melee weapons at my displosal, so I supposed it was best to try something new. I watched the dwarves, curious at what they would come up with./
NPC

Tue May 19, 2015 12:10 pm

"Excellent choice!! Right this way..."

♥The dwarf exclaimed before leading Medius off to another area of the weapon displays. Here, there were all sorts of ranged charged weapons, including pistols, rifles, blowguns, and more. As the dwarf lead Medius through this section, he would continued to speak, beginning to explain about how core weapons worked.♥

"The invention of the Core Weapon came about several centuries ago, created by a fusion of dwarven and mystic forgery. The core weapon itself is sturdy, forged to be able to harness raw magical power of the Core Stones that are placed within it, which give them their power. Each core weapon contains slots that fall into two categories: Environmental or Collector. Collector Slots are only filled by special Core Stones that are found naturally, though more rarely, in the environment. Due to the nature of our organization, some stones have been harvested and are placed her for sale. Environmental Slots, on the other hand, are magical themselves, having the ability to draw power form whatever substance is placed inside, even ordinary substances. The Slot tends to consume the substances, however, unless one becomes a master of their core weapon."

♥The dwarf continued to explain, making sure that Medius knew how the weapons worked and how he would be able to use it. He paused for a few moments after finishing the explanation, allowing Medius to process and for him to continue to look around for ideas of exactly what type of weapon he wanted.♥

"You may select any weapon of your choice here. Also, because of your rank, you have another option as well. Whatever weapon you choose can be upgraded into a Superior Core weapon, which can hold additional slots above the normal limit of three. Otherwise, you may choose an secondary core weapon, which will began to be upgraded with slots. The choice is all yours..."

♥The dwarf trailed off and fell silent, allowing Medius to choose what he wanted, now that he had all the information that he needed. The dwarf waited patiently for Medius to speak his decision, standing silent and still.♥
Medius
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Tue May 19, 2015 12:32 pm

\I followed and listened intently, finally being able to hear how these weapons worked. They seemed fairly straightforward, though without sacrificing adaptability. I began to think over my options, now that I was told that I could take on a second hand weapon...or make my main hand more powerful. After several moments of thought, I came to the concensis of having two separate weapons, dual wielding them...though I still wasn't sure what. I looked through the cases, eyeing the ranged charged weapons I could pick from. After sometime of searching through them, I decided upon a pair.../
Spoiler:
I think I'll take a pair of pistols...this main handed one here...and this off-handed one...

\I said, pointing into two adjacent cases one at a time, pointing the weapons I wanted out. After selecting them, I stood back, assuming that they needed modifications./
Spoiler:
Main Hand Pistol

Spoiler:
Off Hand Pistol

NPC

Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 pm

♥Once Medius made his decision, the dwarf stepped forward smiling, quickly retrieving the two pistols that Medius had selected.♥

"Excellent choices indeed!! Allow me to take the weapon so we can add the necessary slots. Your mainhand pistol will feature three slots, one of each type and an additional of your choice. Your offhand will feature one Core slot. While we are adding the customization of your weapon, you may take this down to the Core Stone Gallery over there to peruse the selection of core stones. Here is a coupon for 2 free elemental stones that comes with your weapon, which you may choose. I will meet you back there in about 10 minutes!"

♥The dwarf would then leave with Medius's weapon after hearing what he wanted, heading off towards another area of the hall where the core weapons were upgraded with different slots. This left Medius to go to the gallery and look around and perhaps make a purchase if he desired.♥
Medius
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Tue May 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Alright...ummm...I'll take a Core slot as the addition one....

\I would say to the dwarf with my pistols before he left. From there, I made my way towards the other shop area, coupons in hand, wondering what sort of stones would be for sale. I walked in after a few moments of traveling, because it really wasn't that far away. Upon entering, I would begin to browse across the cases displaying the Core Stones, which were all colors, glowing quite beautifully. I would also look around for another dwarf attendant to help me redeem the coupons./
NPC

Tue May 19, 2015 2:53 pm

♥Once Medius walked into the Core Stone Gallery, he would meet the one and only dwarf attending there. He was thinner than most dwarves, though about the same height. He wore plain grey work clothes, and had a calm demeanor. Once Medius entered the space and started looking around, he would walk towards him slowly, holding out a scroll of parchment and began to speak.♥

"Welcome, Sir...anything I can interest you in...? I have a list here of all the stones we carry in stock, as well as their prices..."

♥He held the scroll aloft for Medius to read should he wish and fell silent after finished speaking, waiting for Medius to speak or read.♥
Medius
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Thu May 21, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello there...

\Once the Core Stone store attendant approached, I turned towards him, nodding in greeting. Once the dwarf had revealed the list, I nodded, taking a look at its contents, wondering what sort of stones I should get with my coupons...and if I should purchase anymore beyond them. After several moments of studying the list, I straightened upwards and held out the coupons for the clerk./

I'd like to redeem these coupons...I'd like a Electric Core Stone and an Earth Core Stone.....and then I would like to purchase an Anti Stone as well.

\I gave my order slowly and calmly, watching the vendor as I dictated the list. I also rummaged through my robes after I was finished, fishing out the correct amount needed to pay for the Anti Stone. I then held this out, waiting for the dwarf to take it, and return with the stones I asked for./
NPC

Thu May 21, 2015 8:45 pm

"Very well..."

♥The dwarf nodded, rolling up the scroll and tucking it into his belt before taking Medius's coupon and GC before walking off towards a nearby case. He then took a key from his pocket and unlocked the glass top, and pulled out a electric stone from its display spot. He locked the case and turned towards another case and another after it, each time pulling another stone, first earth then Anti, from their spots. After locking the case back up, he turned and walked back to Medius, holding the three stones out carefully for him to take.♥

"Here are your Stones, Sir..."
Medius
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Thu May 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Thank you...

\I said, taking the stones in hand and holding them while waiting for my Core Weapons to come back. I looked down at them while I waited, noting their color and energy. The Electric Stone was bright blue and was brimming with energy. The Earth Stone glowed dim with brownish light and felt heavier than the others. The Anti Stone was shown with bright green light, pulsing with an energy that seemed to push away at everything around it. I fingered them in my hands as I waited, wondering what orientation I would place them in my new weapons./
NPC

Thu May 21, 2015 8:52 pm

♥The dwarf scooted off after Medius took his stone, moving on to start polishing the glass cases and take inventory of the remaining Core Stones, not minding any attention on Medius. Another 5 minutes or so went by before the dwarf who took Medius's Core Weapon away finally returned and walked straight towards Medius, holding the pair of pistols out for him to take.♥

"All done, Sir, just as you specified and just waiting to be used, though I would humbly request not to try them out within the hall. I see that you have your stones, splendid! All you have to do is place them in the collector slots...though it should be noted that elemental stones of different types cannot be placed in the same weapon without canceling their powers out. If there is anything else you need, don't be afraid to ask. Good day~"

♥With that the dwarf bowed and left, returning to his post where the core weapons were on display. The dwarf in the Core Stone gallery continued to clean and bustle about the shop, ignoring Medius.♥
Medius
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Thu May 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Thank you very much and a good day to you as well....

\I replied before turning and leaving as well. I walked slowly towards the entrance, deciding to place the Electric Stone alone in my offhand pistol and the other two, Earth and Anti, together in my main-hand pistol. After setting the stones, I placed the pistols on my belt, one on each hip, in a place where they could be easily drawn, yet were still mostly concealed by my cloak. I then departed from the hall, and once outside, used Dimensional Energy to teleport myself through a portal back towards Keiz, wondering if I would have a chance to try them out.../

Return to “Hall of Khrormagaral”