I have Rebuilt the Kwandrivia Roleplay World, there are new national banner and a simplified layout that is easier to use and has less subforums. I have also skipped the Civil War Idea I had and just made the new layout with that in mind.

The Laurentia Empire has now split into two nations, the Anglia Empire and the United States of Laurentia.

Obtaining a Core Weapon: Thalia's Trip to Fortress Peak

The Hall of Khrormagaral was founded by Dwarven King Gromrack Khrormagaral near the foundation of the first cities on the Helm Islands, it was and always has been a home to the Dwarven people that live in this area. While it isn't the largest of the Dwarven Hall's, it is the one closest to a large population. Thus it was chosen to house the Core Weapon Aspect, and any others the Dwarves might have.
Thalia
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Obtaining a Core Weapon: Thalia's Trip to Fortress Peak

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:58 pm

*About half a week after our "meeting" with Sirus, I would find myself arriving in the helm islands, heading to the "Hall of Khrormagaral", where I might receive training with a new type of weapon. I had heard tellings of this new weapon while residing and resting up in Zen City, and even spotted a newly trained user near the area after leaving. I decided it was worth checking into, so along with Phobos and Fintan, I made my way Southwest to the Helm Islands. Upon arriving, we made our way directly into the city within Fortress Peak, walking about until we had found the hall. It wasn't the easiest to find, to be honest. There were other far grander spots that could have held place for such a weapon study. However, eventually I was able to locate the right hall, after taking a closer look around. Once we did find it, we stood outside for a few moments, gazing at the front entrance with baited breath. I squared my shoulders, taking a deep breath, and concentrated my resolve. We then proceeded inside, looking around and specifically looking for someone who could help me obtain a Core Weapon.*
Abilities

Weapons

Beast Master

Core Weapon
Spoiler:
~Thalia Moonchill the Druid~

NPC

Re: Obtaining a Core Weapon: Thalia's Trip to Fortress Peak

Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:35 am

♥Upon entering, Thalia would enter into a grand hall, which was completely open, only large pills blocked parts of the areas from view. The inside was filled with different areas, however, for sure. One area was designated to a large collaboration of heavy machinery. Upon closer inspection, it could be made out as a steam forge, which the Core Weapons were "forged". A single dwarf, probably the forge master, stood atop a raised section of the floor, overseeing the other forge workers as they crafted the intricate weapons. Another area was designated to refining the weapons that were produced in the forge. They were in charge of cleaning, polishing, sharpening, and otherwise detailing the weapons that were produced. Here another set of dwarves worked under a single supervisor. Still another area held a large display of the finished works, with only two dwarves manning the area. Another more professional area existed nearby the showcases with a large collection of stones, all of different colors and hues, displayed behind glass and glowing brightly with metaphysical light. Here only a single dwarf sat, manning the otherwise deserted shop.

Before Thalia could move towards any of these stations, however, a moderately well dressed dwarf would approach her, a smile on his face. His hands were tucked behind his back and he spoke pleasantly, not something that would be expected of dwarves of such craft.♥

"Welcome, mad'am. With what can I assist you today?"
Thalia
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:53 am

*As we entered, I slowed to a stop, taking in everything that the hall contained. It was certainly a lot to take in, and I took my sweet time staring at all the stations, squinting to see the faces of the dwarves and the intricacy of the their work. It seemed I had indeed found the right place. My awestruck gazing continued so that I nearly missed that a dwarf had come to greet me, causing me to nearly jump in surprise when he spoke. I blushed, attempting to regain my composure, while Phobos and Fintan remained silently behind me, just as amazed as I was.*

Oh! Hi there...yes, I'm looking to obtain a Core Weapon. Is there any way you can assist me?

*I asked in return, attempting to remain as polite as I could, while trying not to feel too sheepish about missing the presence of the dwarf. They were short, so I had to give myself some leeway. I waited then patiently for the dwarf's reply, hoping that I hadn't been too rude and that he would be able to help me, or show me to someone who could.*
Abilities

Weapons

Beast Master

Core Weapon
Spoiler:

NPC

Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:18 pm

♥The dwarf listened patiently to Thalia's request, nodding and smiling softly after she was finished.♥

"Yes, of course, right this way..."

♥With a swish of his fancy robes, the dwarf strode off, not really bothering to see if Thalia was following. His pace was quick, probably quicker than one would expect for a dwarf. He lead Thalia from there directly to where the Core Weapons were placed on display, a large area attended by two dwarves. The fancy dwarf bowed to them and then spoke, pausing only for Thalia to catch up, if she had fallen behind.♥

"Allow me to present a new Core Warrior...She is looking for her weapon, if you could assist her?"

♥The fancy dwarf introduced Thalia, while the two weapon attenders turned and walked a few paces forward to get a closer look. They nodded and smiled, beckoning Thalia forward further into the area as the fancy dwarf then departed without another word, heading back up towards the entrance. One of the attendants then began to speak, inquiring to Thalia's wishes.♥

"Good afternoon, Miss...allow me to introduce you to our armory. Here you will find the largest of collections of Core Weapons ever produced. Here, you will have your pick from the longest of lists, no doubt we can deliver to whatever your heart's content is. Tell me, what type of weapon interests you? Something melee? Ranged? Thrown or Charged?"
Thalia
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Hello there

*I replied politely to the new dwarf, while the one dressed in robes walked away. I walked in further with the attendants, looking around in awe at the core weapons. Now up close, I could see they were even more elegant and intricate than what I could see of them before. I paused as I considered the dwarf's questions, my eyes wondering over the rows and rows of weapons. After several minutes of thought, I answered slowly, carefully choosing my answer.*

Ranged....and thrown, I believe...

*I answered. I believe it was the best choice, since I already had Celestus, my keyblade, for close range fighting. I turned my eyes back to the speaking dwarf, wondering if he was going to bother explaining how the core weapons worked exactly.*
Abilities

Weapons

Beast Master

Core Weapon
Spoiler:

NPC

Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:49 pm

"Excellent choice!! Right this way..."

♥The dwarf exclaimed before leading Thalia off to another are of the weapon displays. Here, there were all sorts of ranged throwable weapons, including chakrams, boomerangs, throwing knives, and more. As the dwarf lead Thalia through this section, he would continued to speak, beginning to explain about how core weapons worked.♥

"The invention of the Core Weapon came about several centuries ago, created by a fusion of dwarven and mystic forgery. The core weapon itself is sturdy, forged to be able to harness raw magical power of the Core Stones that are placed within it, which give them their power. Each core weapon contains slots that fall into two categories: Environmental or Collector. Collector Slots are only filled by special Core Stones that are found naturally, though more rarely, in the environment. Due to the nature of our organization, some stones have been harvested and are placed her for sale. Environmental Slots, on the other hand, are magical themselves, having the ability to draw power form whatever substance is placed inside, even ordinary substances. The Slot tends to consume the substances, however, unless one becomes a master of their core weapon."

♥The dwarf continued to explain, making sure that Thalia knew how the weapons worked and how she would be able to use it. He paused for a few moments after finishing the explanation, allowing Thalia to process and for her to continue to look around for ideas of exactly what type of weapon she wanted.♥

"You may select any weapon of your choice here. Also, because of your rank, you have another option as well. Whatever weapon you choose can be upgraded into a Superior Core weapon, which can hold additional slots above the normal limit of three. Otherwise, you may choose an secondary core weapon, which will began to be upgraded with slots. The choice is all yours..."

♥The dwarf trailed off and fell silent, allowing Thalia to choose what she wanted, now that she had all the information that she needed. The dwarf waited patiently for Thalia to speak her decision, standing silent and still.♥
Thalia
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:29 pm

*As the dwarf continued to explain how these core weapons worked, I turned to listen for a few minutes, making sure to absorb everything he said, that I would have a clear picture of what I was getting into. Understanding how to use a weapon is at least half the battle when fighting, thus it was extremely important that I listened. As the dwarf was then wrapping it up, I turned to look back over the weapons, feeling the pressure to make a decision weighting down on my shoulders. Eventually my eyes crossed over a weapon I liked and I moved slowly towards it, drawn to its familiarity. It was shaped just as a weapon I once held, though there were a few differences. In any respect, I made a decision, or at least one of them. I moved my hand over the weapon, wondering if I should bother taking a second...sometimes having many options is a good thing, then again sometimes it wasn't. I thought over what the weapon reminded me of and thought how it had always been good enough before, why not now? I smiled, taking hold of the gigantic shuriken that lay before me, holding it up and speaking.*

I think this will be more than enough...and I think I would like to have it upgraded to a Superior Core Weapon, please~

*I responded, pulling the giant shuriken away with ease and holding it up for the dwarf to see. I waited then, wondering what sort of core stones there would be for me to purchase...if I could even afford them at all at this point.*
Abilities

Weapons

Beast Master

Core Weapon
Spoiler:

NPC

Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:45 pm

♥Once Thalia made her decision, the dwarf stepped forward smiling, holding out his hands to take the weapon from Thalia.♥

"Excellent choices indeed!! Allow me to take the weapon so we can add the necessary slots, two collector slots and two environmental slots, as it will be. While we are adding the customization of your weapon, you may take this down to the Core Stone Gallery over there to peruse the selection of core stones. Here is a coupon for one free elemental stone that comes with your weapon, which you may choose. I will meet you back there in about 10 minutes!"

♥The dwarf would then leave with Thalia's weapon, heading off towards another area of the hall where the core weapons were upgraded with different slots. This left Thalia and her group to go to the gallery and look around and perhaps make a purchase if she desired.♥
Thalia
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Oh, thank you~

*I replied, watching the dwarf walk off with my core weapon as I held the small paper note imprinted with special runic characters in purple ink. I shrugged at Phobos and Fintan, who had staid behind me silently, before marching off towards the Core Stone Gallery with the other two in toe. Once having arrived, I began to look over the display cases filled with stones, looking for descriptions and also looking for someone to help me if there was anyone around.*
Abilities

Weapons

Beast Master

Core Weapon
Spoiler:

NPC

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:16 pm

♥Once Thalia walked into the Core Stone Gallery, she would meet the one and only dwarf attending there. He was thinner than most dwarves, though about the same height. He wore plain grey work clothes, and had a calm demeanor. Once Thalia entered the space and started looking around, he would walk towards he slowly, holding out a scroll of parchment and began to speak.♥

"Welcome, Miss...anything I can interest you in...? I have a list here of all the stones we carry in stock, as well as their prices..."

♥He held the scroll aloft for Thalia to read should she wish and fell silent after finished speaking, waiting for Thalia to speak or read.♥
Thalia
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Oh hi there!

*I responded to the dwarf's greeting, and took a peek at his list of stones, their descriptions, and prices. After a few moments, I straightened up, and held out my coupon, speaking once again.*

I have a coupon here for a free elemental stone...I think I will choose, humm...

Fintan: Ohhh, Fire, choose Fire!! Fire's the best!!

*I turned towards Fintan who had also been reading the scroll and looking around at the stones on display. I shook my head a little, muttering "Fire elementals..." under my breath. I took another look at the scroll, reading over the 4 elemental type stones again. At first I was leaning towards Earth, but the more I thought about it, I wasn't totally convinced. I looked back towards Fintan who was still dancing in place, trying to convince me of getting a fire stone. I shook my head and smiled, waving my hand around at him.*

Fine, fine...I'll take a Fire Stone, then~

Fintan: Woo-hoo!!!

*Fintan let out a whoop while punching the air, clearly excited that I sided with him. I shook my head again and laughed to myself.*

Excuse my friend here, he's a bit of a pyromaniac...
Abilities

Weapons

Beast Master

Core Weapon
Spoiler:

NPC

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:31 pm

♥The dwarf gave Thalia and Fintan a doubtful look after Thalia's last comment, as though unsure if it was really a good idea to give them the fire stone...or any stone for that matter. After a few moments of hesitation, he seemed to decided that it wasn't worth questioning them at this point. He rolled the scroll up, and placed it in his belt before taking Thalia's coupon and walking off towards a nearby case. He then took a key from his pocket and unlocked the glass top, and pulled out a fire stone from its display stop. After locking the case back up, he turned and walked back to Thalia, holding the fire stone out carefully for her to take, still having a bit of hesitation in his movements and his eyes moved suspiciously towards Fintan, though again made no comment.♥

'Here is your Fire Stone Miss..."
Thalia
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:22 pm

"Why, thank you!"

*I replied, taking the fire stone gingerly from the dwarf's hands, and cupping it into one of my own. The stone was light, and glowed with a red light and gave off a warming heat. Fintan huddled closer towards me to get a closer look at the stone, ignoring the looks from the dwarf. I smiled holding it up to him for closer inspection. He didn't touch it, only held his hands close, as a wide grin crossed his face. He turned to me and gave me a small, endearing punch on the shoulder, as though to tell me I was awesome for taking his advice. I grinned back, feeling warmth spread inside, the warmth of close friendship. It was nice to not be alone all the time, like I was before I became a Beast Master. I continued to hold the stone in my hand after, looking around the gallery some more as we waited for the modifications on my new Core Weapon to be completed and for it to be brought back to me.*
Abilities

Weapons

Beast Master

Core Weapon
Spoiler:

Environment

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:34 pm

♥The dwarf scooted off after Thalia took her stone, but not too far, for he took a place a few cases away, watching the group suspiciously still, unconvinced that they wouldn't cause some sort of disturbance.....or burn the whole place down. Another 5 minutes or so went by before the dwarf who took Thalia's Core Weapon away finally returned and walked straight towards Thalia, holding the giant shuriken out for her to take.♥

"All done, Miss, just as you specified and just waiting to be used, though I would humbly request not to try it out within the hall. I see that you have your stone, splendid! All you have to do is place it one of the collector slots. If there is anything else you need, don't be afraid to ask. Good day~"

♥With that the dwarf bowed and left, returning to his post where the core weapons were on display. The dwarf in the Core Stone gallery continued to glare in their direction, watching as Thalia received her core weapon, waiting to see what she would do with it...and that stone...♥
Thalia
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:43 pm

"Oh, thank you, I will. Goodbye~"

*I waved as the dwarf left, then turned the Core Weapon over in my hand, while holding the fire stone up. After finding the correct slot, I slid the stone inside, finding that it slid in perfectly and locked right into place. Not a moment later, the Core Weapon hummed with energy, the 4 tips of the shuriken suddenly covered with a small tongue of flame and the entire weapon radiated heat. I smiled, holding the weapon up to examine it, feeling a flush of happiness and gratitude that I had come down this path. Happy with what I acquired, I turned to leave, heading towards the front entrance with Fintan and Phobos in toe, Fintan staring at the weapon with a mad glint in his eyes. Now we just needed to find somewhere to try this baby out...*
Abilities

Weapons

Beast Master

Core Weapon
Spoiler:

Return to “Hall of Khrormagaral”