As winter approaches Kwandrivia, a spine chilling wind covers the lands as a dark force is felt...

Undead Attack: Farron Bay

Up until some recent quarrels with the leaders of the Annepti and the Shrews, the Farron Bay used to look like a calm paradise beach lined bay. Now since their battle, the entire landscape has been torn apart, as if a hurricane passed through.
Monsters

Undead Attack: Farron Bay

Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:58 am

After crossing the oceans, the undead would find themselves on the beaches of Farron Bay. They rose from the depth, having walked across the ocean floor. As they moved from the beach to the Jungles around the bay, a thick blanket of purple/black mist would follow them. As the mist moved, it began to drain the life force and energy of anything it touched. Slowly and quickly, the jungle was being turned from a jungle, into a deadlands. As the undead marched, some would begin to evolve and grow. They turned from their current form into jungle-like animals that had been killed off from the mist. These would run about the jungles spreading the mist even further. Two undead at the rear would begin weaving a portal, one linked to Ubel Gegand with the hope of calling in a 3rd Rank Vicar.
Azriel
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Re: Undead Attack: Farron Bay

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:55 pm

ΦAs the undead advanced on the beach, a sudden line of eyes could be seen in the treeline separating the beach from the rest of the jungle and swamps. As the undead crossed the beach and came close, roots of the trees suddenly broke the sandy surface and began impaling, capturing, and otherwise impeding the undead from advancing any further. Any undead that managed to get past these roots would be met with a sudden force of creatures breaking through the treeline. They were Anneptii, a taskforce assembled by myself after being warned by Ezekiel. Not wanting to be outdone, I whipped the available Anneptii into battle formation and drove them to the edge of Farron Bay. These Anneptii and their familiars quickly attacked the undead, using their elemental powers and ability to adapt to their opponents to easily cut down the undead, depsite being out numbered.

Meanwhile, a dark shape cut across the sand, moving behind enemy lines, the sand liquefying where the shape moved. A moment later, a monsterous aligator broke the surface of the sand, its size comparable to a small battleship. It quickly swept across the rest of the beach and into the bay, crushing and smashing any undead that stood in its path. Once into the bay, it continued to crush and smash at the undead army around it while swimming with ease around the bay. While my familiar emerged, I sat on the tip of its snout, using my reality bending abilities to liquefy the land and sand that it swam through. Once on the surface, I weaved portals throughout the undead lines, using the portal to suck away at the mist and teleport it into space, a few undead being sucked away with it. This would clear up most of the Mist.

Once my familiar surged into the bay, I shot off the snout, allowing the gigantic aligator to take on the main part of the forces of undead, while blasting forwards. Once I touched into the water, I would transform into my true form (see Anneptii List) and shoot through the water towards the undead doing the portal-weaving, quickly beginning my own assault by manipulating the water around them and causing it to turn to molten lava, which kept its heat despite the water around it. With the lava, I attempted to burn the undead to nothing, hopefully preventing their spell from working. I continued towards them just in case though, readying other attacks and blasting undead that I swam by with deadly amounts of telekinetic and distortion energy, blasting them apart or liquefying them on contact.Φ
Monsters

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:00 pm

The undead, while they did have number, were not strong, but that was nothing the mist didn't prevent. Portals or not, the mist would spread, expanding at a rate that was soon to overwhelm the portals "sucking" capacity. In space, and undead and mist that happened to be spewed out would find themselves all being pulled together, all massing into a large sphere of undead mist, and the more mist that was pulled through, the larger this ball would grow. Azriel's lava based attack, despite working, would find itself severely weakened thanks to the Black/Purple mist that was continuously pouring out of the two Undead Summoner. At the same time, several undead that were close to the Undead Summoners would suicidal put themselves in the path of Azriel, in hopes to slow him down using themselves as a battering ram. Despite their efforts, the Undead Summoners were still struck with Azriel's original lava strike, that was now drained of most of it's energies from the Black/Purple mist. It would strike them, doing damage, and delaying the summoning another turn.

Meanwhile, as the portals to space constantly fed the growing mass of Undead/Mist, the very ball of it would grow larger and larger, at this point it was the size of a large skyscraper, and it's rate of growth was only getting faster as the portals pulled in the growing amounts of mist that were being poured out to keep up with the sucking.
Azriel
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:00 pm

ΦAs the undead and mist began to build up outside the portals, I clicked my tongue in annoyance, and quickly closed the portals and opened new ones to new locations in space, but not before unleashing a burst of Reality Destruction into each of the built up masses of undead/mist. Hopefully, besides trapping them in space, it would also break up and destroy the masses. The new portals would also emit some Reality Destruction, attempting to keep the undead and mist from clumping at all by mostly destroying them as they went into space.

Meanwhile, as the mist also managed to dry up the energy of my lava attack, I continued to burst forwards, blasting through any undead who got in the way, and those that did would immediately be liquefied due to my ability to bend the reality around me as I swam, and which was also the same ability I was using to keep the mist away from myself. Thankfully, due to my advanced swimming capabilities, I would make it there a few moments later. Upon drawing close to the undead, I created two spheres of distortion energy and teleported them next to the summoning undead. As the spheres appeared, they would explode and immediately transform the water around each undead into Frozen Reality, as I aimed to completely encase them to inhibit their movements AND their ability to complete their summoning spell. I then would come near both of the undead, aiming a punch at either from one of my 4 arms, each punch phasing through the Frozen Reality and aiming to connect with each undead. If the punches connected, each undead would be hit with a wave of Reality Destruction, enough to eliminate both completely. I also kept an eye out, in case their ritual was indeed completed, somehow, in case I needed to move out of the way of whatever they managed to summon.

Meanwhile, back at shore and in the shallower part of the bay, my gigantic aligator of a familiar and the 'army' of Anneptii would continue their fight against the onslaught of undead, holding the line of the beach as best they could, attempting to not let a single undead through.Φ
Ignatius

Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:53 am

Azriel was swift and relentless, so much so that even the countermeasures from the summoners were all but useless. In doing so, Azriel's punches would land, completely obliterating the summoners. As soon as the summoners went down, the mist would begin to die down. Soon the undead on the beach would begin to die off. Slowly and surely, the combined Anneptii force was enough to take the small undead army out. There was one thing that was odd though... In space, far up, after the portal closed, the Reality Destruction would unleash itself upon the mass of Mist, but the mist and it's properties weren't going to allow it all to be destroyed. The masses however were broken up, but broken up for long they were not. Quickly and swiftly the broken up mist and undead would begin swirling and shifting.

"You're a lot stronger than I originally planned... Destroying the Summoners with so much ease and control." Ignatius' voice would say appearing everywhere across the bay, all at once.

"But even so, the plans have not changed, the island will fall" Ignatius would say again.

In space, the broken up swirling and shifting masses of Undead and Mist would all fuse back into one mass, and that very mass would suddenly start blasting straight for the planet, it's target, the Wild Isles.

Within the mass, a shadowed figure could be seen. It would seem Ignatius had called forth the Vicar himself, as his minions could not be relied on, even with their undead army as a distraction.
Azriel
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:07 am

ΦAs the undead began to break up, being taken care of by my forces, I began to swim back towards my familiar, closing the portals in the bay that were still open. A few moments later, as I was almost back, that eerie, yet annoyingly dark voice broke out across the bay, identifying itself as the one who sent the army and who would continue to attack the Murkwood Keys. I continued onward, eventually reaching my familiar, and teleporting atop its head, transforming back into my Dark Dreaming Form and taking a seat, watching the rest of the undead be defeated. My mind stretched outwards, as I allowed it to wander across the island and outwards. No more did I have connection to the undead and mist I teleported away, so I had no idea what was coming....that is until it entered the atmosphere. I swore dirtily under my breath, baring my teeth in annoyance. Annoyed, possibly even slightly pissed off at what I saw, I turned my familiar towards the beach and yelled out towards the army of Anneptii there.Φ

PACK IT UP!!! The Enemy is targeting our home...SURROUND IT!! Don't let a single one escape!!

ΦAt once, as though I told them the cookies were done at home, all the Anneptii and their familiar's flocked inland, finishing whatever undead were around them with new vigor. They quickly vanished into the underbrush and foliage, leaving the bay a war zone...but an empty one. My familiar quickly shrank in the meantime, slowly becoming the size of car sized crocodile. I continued to watch from a distance, mentally following the falling ball of undead and energy headed towards the Wild Isle. I didn't plan to enter the Wild Isle itself until after the dust cleared...and there was no point in trying to stop the mass...or be there to met it. It was better to see what came out of it...and so I waited....Φ

Return to “Farron Bay”