There is nothing of importance to report.

Kezia's Mission to find a Tome

Death City was originally developed as a new utopian capital for the people of the polluted and corrupt New Acadia District. But like most human settlements the new utopia quickly became corrupt, even further than the New Acadia District. Eventually the city was taken control of by dark forces and turned into a twisted and horrid image of it's former self. Now Death City is a city where the physically and mentally strong acquire power through any means, regardless of the consequences to their fellow citizens. The people of Death City stand behind the principle that "only the strongest will survive", and regard any sign of weakness as disgrace towards their ideals. Death City still has it's own laws to help protect the citizenry from harm. In Death City those with power are protected by the law more than those without it. Thanks to the dark mages who 'liberated' Death City, the people under them have come to despise the New Acadia District. If not for the strict rules of the Order, Death City would more than likely try to cast their dark shadow over the lands of Kwandrivia. Death City is a city that uses magi-tech, using this magi-tech they are able to keep thier freedom, while at the same time ensuring themselves a future.

Overseer: Nexi
City Style: Dark and Twisted Fantasy
Aspects: Death Guardian, Demon Summoning
NPC

Re: Kezia's Mission to find a Tome

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:40 pm

♦As Kezia made her way through the gate and took residence under the window, the girl would make her way across the catwalks above, peering down into the dark warehouse, receiving Kezia's mental message about being ready. As Kezia looked into the warehouse floor beyond, her eyes would be able to see a large pool of what looked like black liquid, swirling in a whirlpool like fashion on the floor. At its very edge, the man whom Kezia had attempted to capture stood, trembling as he did, eyes diverted away, muttering under his breath. Kezia would find her mental abilities would be blocked again though, if attempting to touch either the man's mind or anything near the pool. The rest of the warehouse was filled with crates and shipping containers, no doubt full of whatever resources this 'customer' was gathering. After a few drawn out moments of analyzing the situation, the girl would signal Kezia to stay put for the time being, while she engaged. In a single acrobatic leap, the girl shot towards the man at the edge of the pool, all the while producing a dagger lined net, which she shot towards the man, attempting to capture him. And capture him, quickly wrapping him up, the daggers digging into the man's clothes and flesh, sealing the net around him. Once on the ground, she would draw her wand once more and a dagger in the opposite hand, held at the ready towards the man.♦

Give it up, where is your master?

♦She said, brandishing her wand and sending a few reddish sparks into his face. The man moaned, but said nothing, simply slumping to the floor and losing consciousness a moment later. The girl looked slightly confused, but remained on guard. As the man lost consciousness, a maniacal laugh could be heard echoing through the warehouse. Suddenly the pool of black liquid exploded outwards, and a great black hand shot out, attempting to grab the girl where she stood. The girl had great reflexes, enough to evade the grasp, but not before it then backhanded her, throwing her across the room. As she landed in a crumpled heap, the hand retracted and in the very center of the pool stood a figure, completely wrapped in the black liquid, still laughing.♦

Foolish mortal, you cannot comprehend the vastness of the reality you have wandered into....my agent warned you not to cross me, but you did not heed....and now your insugificant life will be snuffed out as a result....Now die...

♦With that, the figure raised its arm, and out of the pool still surrounding him, a long spear would form, sharpened at each end and dripping with the strange black liquid. After forming it and taking aim, the figure would release the spear, letting it fly straight for the girl's chest, attempting to impale her where she lay.♦
Kezia
4th Rank
4th Rank

Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:08 pm

ΩAs I watched as the scene became increasingly hostile, my eyes narrowing as the enemy appeared, clearly powerful. As the spear began forming, I turned placing a hand quietly on the glass and concentrating. A moment later, the glass transformed into a cloud of glass butterflies, each razor sharp. The cloud moved soundlessly, blasting towards the figure in attempt to surround and impale him with themselves. Meanwhile, I leaped through the window turned hole in the wall and hit the floor with my hand as I landed, focusing elemental control over the ground using my experience with Gaianology to move the ground under the girl, pushing her away from the path of the incoming spear. After accomplishing this, I turned to face our enemy, my staff and Relic Aequohex appearing in my hand, ready to be utilized. I said nothing, but kept my electrically glowing eyes turned towards the figure in the pool, analyzing the situation.Ω
NPC

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:22 pm

♦As Kezia's butterflies surrounded the figure, the black liquid coating him burst outwards in tendril like projections, each projection aiming to hit the target, surround it, and harden while crushing. In this way, each of the butterflies would be targeted and crushed into dust, before hitting the figure. As the spear then missed the girl, she leaped to her feet, wand and dagger in hand.♦

Focus on the target, we must take him down. Incendio!!

♦She snapped, turning her wand towards the figure and shooting a jet of flames towards him. The flames hit the figure and covered him, though a moment later the liquid around him hardened and then a layer broke off, carrying the flame with it, down into the black pool below, where the flames were snuffed out. The figured snickered cruelly, reaching his hands out and causing liquid from the pool to fork across the floor in several different streams for both Kezia and the girl. As these streams neared them, spires shot out, hardening into a very tough material, a crystalline like solid. The girl cartwheeled away from them, shooting several curses and jinxes towards both the streams and the figure as she evaded his attacks.♦
Kezia
4th Rank
4th Rank

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:35 pm

"Easier said then done..."

ΩI muttered, watching our opponent dispatch my butterflies and the girl's spells, before quickly moving to attack us. I was a little annoyed, yet curious...our opponents powers seemed familiar, yet I couldn't put my finger on what way. Either way, I began to form my own counter attack, quickly leaping upwards and thrusting a hand downward, unleashing a spray shot of electricity across the various streams that advanced to attack us, attempting to use them as a conductor in which to electrocute our opponent. Meanwhile, the air around me was suddenly filled with transparent looking white butterflies, which began to fly around me, forming a orb of wind around me that kept me in the air, away from the spires. There, I began to create mental butterflies, which I shot towards the figure, one right after the other, attempting to assault his mind when they hit, or at least weaken his defenses.Ω
NPC

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:52 pm

♦As Kezia's electricity hit, it would in fact not conduct, rather it would be repelled away from the liquid. Upon closer inspection, Kezia might notice that the liquid was not actually a liquid, rather a energy in liquid form...something that might be even more familiar to her once it hardened. Meanwhile, the girl's curses seemed to indent and crack the liquid energy surrounding their opponent, but it simply regenerated once again from the pool around him. Frustrated, the girl brandished her wand once again.♦

Expelliarmus!!!

♦She roared, causing a flash of light and a crack. A moment later, the liquid surrounding the creature suddenly exploded away from him, leaving a the figure bare before their eyes. Underneath, he was hooded and cloaked, with some sort of armor poking out from underneath the robes. Wisps of black vapor filled the air around him from where the liquid energy was once attached, though even this solidified into a cloud of black crystalline arrows, which then launched themselves in clouds at both the girl and Kezia, attempting to turn then into pincushions. He was no longer laughing, apparently he had had just become very annoyed with the pair of them. As the mental butterflies ambushed him, they would hit a sudden barrier, which only became visible as they came into contact with hit. It was clearly telepathic in nature, and seemed to be the same barrier that was giving Kezia so many problems with detecting her opponent mentally. The barrier remained intact, and he ignored the butterflies, who weren't getting past it anytime soon, and didn't seem to weaken it very much.♦
Kezia
4th Rank
4th Rank

Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:58 pm

ΩAs our opponent was revealed to us by the girl's spell, my eyes widened a little, as the pieces of what I was seeing began to fall into place. My eyes trace over the black liquid energy and then over the wisps becoming arrows and shooting towards us. After a few moments, it clicked. I turned Aequohex over in my hands, spinning him around as I poured electrical energy through him, eventually creating a electrical shield out of him with which to deflect the arrows away. I then shot towards the ground landing a few feet away from my enemy's pool, the electricity around my Relic turning pinkish.Ω

"Eclipse..."

ΩI growled through my teeth at him, smashing the ground with the butt of my staff, causing it to fracture and crack under the pool, enough to hopefully make some of it drain away. I then thrust my staff in his direction, unleashing a continuous beam of psychic lightning at our opponent, attempting to pierce through his mental barrier, or perhaps break it. More mental butterflies swarmed out from around me, adding to those already attacking his barrier, ready to break through or simply add to the strain against the barrier. I gritted my teeth, feeling dread and fear threatening my mind. I had only read about the Shrew's rivals in the Library at Keiz, and even those were enough to frighten me. If this was indeed an Eclipse, I was going to be fighting for my life...or more.Ω
NPC

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Shrew...

♦The Eclipse hissed in response to Kezia's comment, validating her concern for what he was. As the earth began to break up beneath him, the liquid Shaddow began to pour away into the Earth, but even as the Eclipse moved to recall it, the beam of psychic lightning came. In attempt to block the beam, wisps of shaddow shot out and solidified into walls in front of the Eclipse, though probably to no avail, as the psychic lightning would phase through them. Upon hitting the barrier around the Eclipse, the beam would start to fragment as the barrier attempted to absorb the oncoming mental force. The Eclipse let out a low howl, as he attempted to keep his defenses up against such a powerful mental blast. However, once the mental butterflies added their power against the barrier, the Eclipse could contain it no more. He let go, causing the barrier around him to explode and send a powerful shockwave of mental force outwards across the entire warehouse, probably blasting the girl and Kezia if they remained undefended. Once the shockwave dissipated, the Eclipse would rise again to his feet, having been blasted backwards as well. He was seething in anger, and even as he stepped forwards, the ground shook. The liquid Shaddow which had soaked into the ground exploded upwards in the form of geysers, before being blasted outwards in a tidal wave like force, attempting to swallow up the girl and Kezia both.♦

Now you die....
Kezia
4th Rank
4th Rank

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:41 pm

ΩAs the barrier exploded, I quickly reached out and shielded both myself and the girl who I was fighting alongside with mental shields, just enough to protect our minds from being damaged. The blast was still strong enough to wipe me off my feet and I assumed it was the same for my ally. After the blast I pulled myself to my feet again, watching as the Eclipse unleashed all hell upon us. I was beginning to weaken, having unleashed such a raw blast of energy to destroy the Eclipse's mental barrier. I knew I could keep it all up much longer if I kept going like this...we needed to end this now. The blast had scattered my mental butterflies, so it would take them a bit of time to regroup and start attacking the Eclipse's mind once more...and until that time, I needed to keep him busy and keep out of harms way.

I thrust my staff into the ground again, while using the Relic to tap into my sword Perseverance, which was stored inside. With the sword's power, the ground shook, as suddenly a thick walled dome of concrete rose over myself and my ally should she wish to remain at my side. The dome should be enough to protect me for now against the onslaught of Shaddow, though I knew it was only temporary. I took the momentary shelter as time to meditate, focusing my mental energies once again. The top of the dome glowed faintly pinkish-purple, as mental butterflies began to be conjured once again, flocking out across the warehouse, rising in tides to search out the enemy's mind and attack it. At the same time, I would gather the remnants of the previous butterflies, sending them towards the Eclipse as well. Finally, I contacted the girl, if she was still there, telling her I needed some time to attack the Eclipse again.Ω
NPC

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:05 am

♦As the concrete barrier rose, the Shaddow washed over it and began to solidify into black crystalline drills, which quickly began to start drilling through the barrier, attempting to break in and attack Kezia. As for the mental butterflies that began to be conjured and sent towards the Eclipse, he would unleash his own mental powers, quickly slashing through the air and sending Shaddow corrupted psychic slashes to slice and dice through the butterflies, attacking each wave or cloud that came. Meanwhile, the girl, protected from being knocked out, would already be on the move. She responded to Kezia's mental messages with the "I'm already on the move" sort of attitude. She disappeared from view, probably utilizing the cloak she had before slipping away from where the Shaddow was pouring out across Kezia's defenses. Once she found a spot that was less in the Eclipse's direct line of sight, she decided to attack, using the Eclipse's focus on Kezia to her advantage.♦

Expluso!! Sectumsempra!!

♦The girl did not shout her spells aloud, but whispered the incantations under her breath, though her brandishing and swishing movements remained the same. The first spell was aimed at the floor beneath the Eclipse, attempting to make it simply explode, possibly off balancing him, and creating an opening. Not wanting anything left to chance, the girl then used the same spell she used to kill the defected thief woman back at their meeting room, slashing at the Eclipse with an invisible and magical force, attempting to slice him up and down, whether the explosion worked or not.♦
Kezia
4th Rank
4th Rank

Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:31 pm

ΩUpon feeling the force of the Shaddow move across my barrier of concrete, I gave a last moment of effort towards the butterflies, before opening my eyes and deciding to get out while I could. I quickly used earth manipulation to create a tunnel underground, leading around the Eclipse, where I could then come back above ground behind him. At the same time, I would release a cloud of electric butterflies through the ground to come up through the ground around and below the Eclipse, attempting to catch him off guard while the girl caused the ground under him to explode. Once having moved behind the Eclipse, I would move towards the Eclipse with more Psychic lightning around my staff, attempting to blast him with a psychic and physical attack.Ω
NPC

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:10 pm

♦Upon the explosion creating the opening beneath the Eclipse, he leap upwards, Shaddow moving under him, both for protection and balance. Then the second spell hit, slicing through thin layers of Shaddow armor that the Eclipse wore, cutting at flesh unseen beneath. Dark blood oozed out, as the Eclipse tried but failed to repair the armor around him or stop the bleeding...apparently the girl's curse was quite efficient. Blind by rage, the Eclipse turned his attention on the girl at the wrong time, thrusting out at her and causing dozens of long spears to be thrown her way, attempting to impale her and everything around her. The next moment the electrical butterflies shot up from the newly created space and the Eclipse hasitly threw up more Shaddow below and around him, attempting to shield himself from the energized insects. Then...BAMMM!!! Kezia's staff made its mark into the back of the Eclipse's head, the psychic energy penetrating directly into his mind. With a scream, the Eclipse flew forward in pain, landing on the cracked concrete in a heap and began to writh in pain, no doubt the mental energy was enough to overload his mind. The butterflies released by Kezia, or what was left of them, would then probably swarm the Eclipse, adding further insult to injuriy. After a few more moments of writhing in agony, the Eclipse fell silent and his body stopped moving. After a few moments of silence, his body then desintrigated, as did all of his Shaddow, leaving the area a mess, yet silent.

The girl, having dodged the Eclipse's attack with only a few minor lacerations to show moved over towards where the Eclipse was finished off, wand at the ready in case he came back. After a few moments of waiting, she turned on heel and marched over to the nearest and largest pile of crates. With her wand, she began to pull then out and open them, searching through the contents. Her voice called over towards Kezia while she worked.♦

Your assistance has been noted...you may search through the contents for your book and whatever else you would like...

♦As Kezia would search through, she would encounter her tome which was what she was searching for. She would also encounter a strange gemstone, a time core stone, a multitude of various weapons, all normal. She should also find 25 GC and earn 4 points. Off in the corner, a blueish light would be eminating softly from underneath a large curtain, drapped over what looked like a tall cage of some sort.♦
Kezia
4th Rank
4th Rank

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:40 pm

ΩI stood in shock for a few moments after the Eclipse fell, still hold my staff, though the psychic lightning was gone. I couldn't believe that we had won, though I was very glad. I felt very drained after the second use of psychic lightning, and I walked slowly over towards the open crates once I was called. I started to dig through the contents, finding the various weapons and things but bypassing them, as they held little interest for me. I eventually found the tome, which I was overjoyed to see and quickly stowed away for later reading. I also stumbled upon the two unique stones and GC, quickly picking them out and pocketing it all, knowing that Hezekiah would be interested in the stones. I then turned and the blue light caught my eye. I paused, as curiosity overtook me. With a quick glance towards the girl, I walked slowly towards the corner where the strange light was coming from. I felt my hand shake from nerves, as the hair on the back of my head stood up. I sensed something beyond, something familiar...yet I couldn't make it out. Once I was close by, my hand touched the curtain gently, grasping it, and pulling it aside, attempting to reveal that which was beneath with baited breath.Ω
NPC

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:50 pm

♦As Kezia pulled back the sheet, a large column shaped tank would be revealed, filled with blueish-clear liquid, which gave off the glow. The tank seemed to be technological, as at its based there were controls. However, the tank itself paled in comparison to what it held inside, at least for interest sake. Floating in the blue liquid was a young man with bright yellow hair and eyes matching Kezia's metaphysically enhanced ones with near perfection. His body, though mostly uncovered, crackled with electricity, sparks which jumped randomly from place to place. If Kezia looked closer, she might be able to tell he was indeed a Kento....though who exactly was unknown.

As Kezia drew the curtain away, the girl appeared silently at her shoulder, lips pursed and eyebrows raised. Her wand was still in her hand and her wounds went unattended, as though she didn't feel them at all.♦

I don't know him....he's not one of ours, that's for sure....

♦The girl commented softly, still looking up at the boy.♦
Kezia
4th Rank
4th Rank

Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:18 pm

ΩI let out a gasp as I pulled the curtain away, revealing the man in the strange tank. I immediately recognized him as a Kento, though I did not recognize him otherwise. The girl's voice and sudden presence scared me, making me jump a little. I kept my eyes on the boy, hearing the girl's words, which gave me very little reassurance.Ω

"I do...or at least his heritage...I have to get him back..."

ΩMy fingers poked at the controls below me, unsure of what to do with them. Annoyed, I turned and pulled out the tome that I found and sat on the floor with it, pulling through the pages, deciding to get this study out of the way as soon as possible. Hoping the girl would leave me be for a while, I took my time and after over and hour, I pulled myself away from the tome, felling stretched for what I could take in at the moment. I had learned much about machines, especially how Shrews dealt with them. I then stowed the tome away again for later, and turned towards the controls while focusing my Navitas. After a few moments, as my fingers moved over the controls, I felt a strange connection, as though my mind was connected to it. I began typing, guided by my knew knowledge, and a moment later, the liquid drained off before the glass slide away, leaving the boy laying on the floor of the tank. I rushed upwards, pulling him down from where he lay. He was surprisingly light, or perhaps that was my own Kento powers giving me strength. I pulled out a pokeball and summoned Mentus, my Ralts pokemon, who stood in front of me, smiling expectantly.Ω

"We need to get back to Ke-ahh...home...ready to go buddy..?"

ΩI asked, nearly spilling the name of the location of where the Shrews called home. Mentus nodded, and stepped next to me, preparing to [Teleport] us back home. Before we left, however, I turned towards the girl, wherever she was now, and spoke.Ω

"Thank you for all your assistance, you were a great ally...one I didn't expect to find in a place like this...farewell, perhaps we shall meet once again..."

ΩWith that, Mentus activated his ability and a moment later, we vanished, moving back towards Keiz.Ω

Return to “Death City (Coliginosity)”