I have Rebuilt the Kwandrivia Roleplay World, there are new national banner and a simplified layout that is easier to use and has less subforums. I have also skipped the Civil War Idea I had and just made the new layout with that in mind.

The Laurentia Empire has now split into two nations, the Anglia Empire and the United States of Laurentia.

Aquarius Starts Her Journey

The Library is the centre source for all knowledge. It's walls are filled to the brim with books and information. The library is 13 stories high and an unknown amount deep. Inside of the basement levels is like a never ending labyrinth of books, computers, scrolls and all forms of information.
Aquarius
Pre-Rank
Pre-Rank

Aquarius Starts Her Journey

Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:55 am

♒ Aquarius was relieved for the first time since she fled the Discord Ocean. She'd been traveling to the surface for about a week, furiously swimming to the Order to start her learning. She'd heard about the Order's massive library and all the knowledge it held, and figured it would be her best bet to start learning about the human art of witchcraft. She didn't even know where to start...

Aquarius was exhausted from her journey, and was looking forward to resting for a bit. She walked up to the threshold of the library, and stopped to look inside for a second. The library was massive, and beautiful considering it was made by land dwellers. There were books of all colours and thicknesses lining the walls from the floors to the tall ceilings, and red velvet chairs with accompanying oak side tables. Aquarius was reminded of her little sister Narissa and her love for books, the way her eyes would have lit up if she could have seen this place...

But she shook her head. Now was not the time to get sentimental. After all, the whole reason she made this journey was for Narissa, and all of her other sisters.

Aquarius went towards the nearest bookshelf, and scanned the books looking for something that could be appropriate. Finally, she found something that could be useful...

She selected a book titled "Witchcraft - Tome 1: Elementals", bounded in navy fabric.

"Has this book even been read in the last century?" Aquarius muttered to herself, turning the huge book over in her hands. The pages were yellowed with age, and covered in a thick layer of dust. It smelled as if it had made the trek underwater with her.

Aquarius took the book over to the one of the chairs and sat with it. Her tail was aching, it was nice to rest it for a while. She cracked open the spellbook, relaxed in her chair, and finally began to read. ♒
Farron
Tartarian of the Order

Re: Aquarius Starts Her Journey

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:21 pm

♣Aquarius had been reading for about 20 minutes when suddenly Farron walked through, very slowly and quietly, grey-white mist flowing slowly off of him and around him wherever he went. In his wake, books moved, floating through the air after him, some moving to empty shelves while others came off shelves and floated towards him. Some flew around the library, flapping the cover on either side of their binding like bird's wings, fluttering around almost randomly. Farron weaved his way through the rows and rows of books, not even looking as though he was actually interested in them at all, for he didn't give any one a glance long enough to read a title or a page. Rather he continued is walking, eventually slowly his pace as he went, muttering under his breath as he went, inaudible to all, possibly by magical means.

After about 10 minutes of this movement, Farron took visible notice of Aquarius, though he might have noticed her before. He slowed by the nearest bookshelf, pausing there and watching her from behind his high collar and hat pulled low, so that only his dark black eyes could really be seen among the clothes and swirling grey-white mist that covered him so. Once he stood still, the mist seemed to dissipate, leaving what looked more like a negative photo of a person than before with the mist spreading out from him so much. He stared towards Aquarius, his gaze piercing, though not completely cold, rather almost indifferent...and very hard to read. Eventually, he came to speak, his voice echoing out in no more than a whisper, but it was still clearly audible to Aquarius.♣

Quite far from home for one such as you...
Aquarius
Pre-Rank
Pre-Rank

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:35 pm

♒ Aquarius had just finished reading the first chapter of the spell book, which discussed methods of spell casting such as channeling magic through a wand, or even using your mind to cast spells. She was really beginning to get immersed, when suddenly she got an uneasy feeling, as if something… or someone… was watching her.

She saw this being before her, shrouded in mist, only his eyes visible. Aquarius got this nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach. Was this thing going to attack her in the middle of the library? Are they allianced with her kingdom, and out to bring her back?

After she oriented herself, she calmed down a bit and realized that this being, although mysterious, didn’t mean her harm, at least not just yet. In fact, now that she’d gained her senses, she felt rather annoyed that her reading was interrupted.

That sounds like speculation if I do say so myself,” she said in an indignant tone. “You don’t know me, and I don’t know you. Unless you intend to change that, I daresay you shouldn’t interrupt my reading.

Aquarius pulled her traveling cloak tighter around her, and tucked her tail underneath her chair in hopes that the creature in front of her didn’t notice. She then attempted to go back to her reading, albeit distracted, and even fearful of Farron, although she would have never shown her fear to anyone if she could help it. ♒
Farron
Tartarian of the Order

Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:51 pm

♣Farron tilted his head to the side a little, still watching her, though seemingly not surprised by her reply. He continued to stand, as small tendrils of his mist gathered at the foot of her chair, gathering up the hem of her traveling cloak and lifting it up a few inches. The sound of a clicking tongue could be heard as Farron moved his head back upright.♣

You ought to be careful out here...the Order of things are not the same as they are in your trench....

♣Came the echoing near whisper again, as the mist around Aquarius suddenly dissipated, letting the hem of her cloak fall again. Farron gave a small flick of a wrist, causing another stack of books to be lifted up from a nearby pile, and float towards him, books flying off of it, and moving to various locations among the library, most of which were being put back. Farron turned and looped behind a nearby bookshelf, apparently shuffling through them, as though searching for something. His echoing voice trailed out again, though it was at the same tone and loudness as before, despite him being behind the bookshelf.♣

What brings one of your kind so far...? I don't believe I've encountered any of your race so far north...nor in such a place as this...

♣Farron's voice carried out, apparently at his attempt at conversation...though he was truly curious. He knew much about Merfolk...but only from books and old scrolls. He'd never encountered one in the flesh...and never imagined it would be on dry land, much less in a library, especially the Order's....He continued to move books around, shelving many, while still rummaging around, apparently in search for something.♣
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:29 am

From the entrance of the library there sounded to be a surprised yelp and following after, a whoop of excitement. Clearly something was happening over there and other people around Farron and Aquarius were looked curiously as to what was going on. A sudden roar of a creature ripped through the hall, which was followed by a strange silence and a giggle.

"Sorryyy, hehe!"

A young, blonde girl was walking through the library hall with a radiant smile. She wore what looked to be a normal looking dress-robe, however along the shoulders and edges of the hem little crosses signified perhaps she had a role to play in the Order. A dark blue dragon lay wrapped around her neck like a scarf, observing quietly as he and his master passed by all of the people.

The girl certain did not look as if her interest was in any books; in fact her hazel brown eyes scanned the people more than the books. When she managed to catch the floating books, she ran over with interest, knocking over a few people on her way. Surely someone unique worthy of study?! There she found Farron, who generally looked to be a normal looking person and a pretty lady--

"WAIT. THAT PRETTY LADY HAS A TAIL!"

She shouted, her voice echoing in the library. From the front there was a long "SHHHHHHH". Nosferatu, who did not usually seem interested in any kinds of people perked up immediately and 'swam'/floated in the air to Aquarius. The dragon waved its tail lightly and a small wave of water came from it, splashing upon the shoulders and hair of Aquarius. If she were to taste, even through her scales, it would be salty and feel like the waters back in the Discord Ocean. Yes...he was communicating with her in his own way...showing her familiarity with her former home.

"Nos, Nos! That's soooo rude!"

Linnea would say, dashing and pulling on the scaley body of the small Nosferatu. She obviously had no idea what he was doing, but splashing someone random was not exactly the nicest thing.
Aquarius
Pre-Rank
Pre-Rank

Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:21 pm

♒ Aquarius was shocked at how bold Farron seemed to be. Most of the time when she gave people her trademark snarky responses, they left her be. However, Farron seemed to go above and beyond violating her boundaries, her heart furiously pounding as the hem of her cloak was lifted by the mist.

Excuse me!” She said, sounding appalled. “You have no absolutely no right to examine me like this!” She felt like she was speaking into thin air though, since Farron didn’t seem to care about much of anything as he casually continued with putting the books away.

You have no idea how things are from where I from,” she stated in response to his warning. “And if you must know, the state of my previous home is why I’m here.

She was about to continue to read her book when a great commotion suddenly exploded in the library.
A young blonde girl, who was rather cute for a human in Aquarius’s opinion, came tumbling in with a dragon around her neck. Aquarius was rather flattered and taken aback by the girl’s comment, and was trying very hard to hide her blushing, as well as her tail, when suddenly the girl’s dragon approached her.

Aquarius had never seen a creature like this before. He was beautiful, but had a fearsome quality at the same time. As she was observing the creature, she suddenly felt this wave of water rush over her. But it wasn’t just any splash of water, it seemed. Aquarius instantly felt a cool relief wash over her. Her and this creature had some kind of connection… almost as if they had met before. For a split second, she was transported back to her old home, the beautiful coral reefs, the smell of the sea salt…

Don’t worry about your dragon,” Aquarius said to Linnea, visibly more calm. “He’s really quite comforting.” She definitely trusted Linnea and Nosferatu much more than Farron at this point. ♒
Farron
Tartarian of the Order

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Your in my library...I can do as I wish....

♣Came Farron's calm reply, in an almost bored tone. He fell silent, watching the mermaid become all flustered. Then Lin came in....and all hell broke loose. Farron was at least attempting to keep the fact of Aquarius's merfolk identity somewhat secret...apparently that was no longer viable, as Lin shouted it through the entire library. Farron shifted in annoyance, returning to the shelves as he searched. After Aquarius and Lin's dragon had their exchange, Farron would reappear out from behind the bookcase, a small stack of books floating beside him. He slowly approached Lin and Aquarius, stopping just a few feet behind them, the books floating of their own accord towards Aquarius and plopping down next to her on the floor. Among them, if she looked, were copies of "Witchcraft - Tome 2: Alteration Magic", "Magus Guide to Familiars", and "Witch-Wendy's Guide to Stealth Magic". Farron's piecing gaze softened, as he looked towards Aquarius, and spoke in his normal near whisper voice.♣

More reading sources, if you need them....

♣Farron voice echoed out. He then turned slowly, nodding to Lin, before heading back, disappearing behind the rows of bookcases, continuing to file and replace books, generally cleaning and caring for the library around, whips of grey mist left in his wake.♣
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:50 pm

"Oookay...if you say sooo..."

She said, glaring at Nos with watchful eyes. He turned around to his master and spit a little water at her. She closed her eyes, her lips pursing as her face wet. A hand came to wipe it out of her eyes and mouth as Nos turned back to Aquarius, thrumming happily. He went to rest on her shoulder, looking at the book she was reading.

Meanwhile, Farron had gone off to get some more books. The books landed on the table slightly spread out. Linnea took a peek at the titles and she gave a surprised gasp and a squee, jumping up and down in joy.

"Oh oh! You're interested in magic! Like this?!"

The girl held out her hand which shone with a bright golden light. The light danced in shades of yellow, mustard and gold like a soft, flicking flame. The ends flicked upwards, spiraling gently and the temperature seemed to raise by several degrees. Linnea giggled, holding the light closer to Aquarius.

"See, it's all warm!!"
Aquarius
Pre-Rank
Pre-Rank

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:32 pm

♒ After Farron left a stack of books for Aquarius, she felt rather silly about kicking up a fuss, and too embarrassed to even utter thanks in reply before he left. Aquarius looked at the assorted titles, and saw that they were perfect, exactly what she needed to start out with. What a curious fellow, Aquarius thought to herself. So hard to read, that one…

Aquarius didn’t realize that at that exact moment, Linnea and Nos were looking at the stack of books as well. Linnea excitedly showed Aquarius this beautiful, magical flame, and instantly the mermaid was captivated.

That’s amazing!” Aquarius gasped, observing the magic before her. She suddenly felt warmth come over her, a comfortable warmth that she had never felt before. Aquarius even felt a smile on her face for the first time in ages. “Yes, I am very much interested in magic. In fact, I’m just now starting to learn,” Aquarius replied, gesturing towards her stack of books.

Do you… think you could help me get started at all, or perhaps point me in the right direction? You seem to know what you’re doing, more so than I do at least…

Aquarius's voice trailed off near the end. She hoped she wasn't being too pushy, the last thing she needed right now was to offend what few allies she might have left. ♒
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 am

"I-I dunno...I'm not a very good teac--

The girl began, hesitant for a moment before she noticed her dragon looking straight at her. Nos's usual nonchalant expression in his 'travel' form suddenly looked her right in the eyes, beady as they flashed to her. She was quiet, her mouth in a curious 'o' before giving a loud giggle, smiling carelessly.

"Eheh! Yeah, okay lady fish! I can teach magics!"

Pulling a chair backwards next to Aquarius, Linnea plopped herself into it. Her hands scoured over the books for a moment and she hummed as she looked them over, opening one, closing another, opening and closing. She read a few words here and there before finally closing the last one, "Magus Guide to Familiars" and giving a looong stretch.

"Noooope...Lin ishn't a witchy, no..."

She said, suddenly feeling sleepy. Nos floated over to her and huffed a spout of water in her ear, making her jump and cover it with a hand in haste. Linnea made a crying face ( T_T..) and sat up.

"Okaaay Nossie, I gots it, I gots it..."

She washed out her ear with a gentle golden light, warming it. The girl turned to Aquarius, her eyes suddenly serious...perhaps familiar eyes to those who were from Escellsia; the eyes of the ex-guild leader of Academy. Linnea took a deep breath and her hands floated in front of her, parallel to each other. A small soft golden ball of light floated in the center and it looked like the sun from far away, a small, smoldering small of warmth and fire. Her hands moved as if coaxing an invisible ball between them and suddenly the small ball expanded so you could see its colors, white-golds and canary yellows, burnt oranges and speckled dark golds. She kept it there while she looked to Aquarius, the colors reflecting off her brown eyes.

"There are many different types of energies in the world. They all may have different names: reiatsu, magic, witchcraft, navitas, but they all exist with general rules that keep them in check. It's like every source of energy is governed by its own god or goddess; the difference between all of them are their natures and properties. The nature of an energy is what makes it unique from the others. Some may similar, but generally they are all unique in their own way."

She lifted her hands to gesture to the ball which looked to be a representation of the sun. Aquarius was free to touch it as she pleased.

"Everyone who can use energy can pull out a raw form of it in some way. This is my raw form of energy source. It is a passive energy that can never do harm and will always heal. Nossie if you'd please!"

The dragon next to her gave a shrill thrum and floated over to an empty table in the middle of the hall. Around him seemed to suddenly fade into mist as he turned into his true form, things close by seemed to be shoved to the side. Aquarius could be able hear the light growl from within the mist and just as it was beginning to fade away, the true form of Nosferatu, in his deep, dark blue and silvery scales, appeared to be constricting the wooden table. A golden eye peered rather menacingly at Aquarius (in actuality they were a version of his rather kinder eyes) before he crushed the table between his metal scales, it shattering to pieces as Linnea bounded over quickly to pick up a broken table leg and some shards. Nos poofed back into his regular form to follow her back to the table where Aquarius sat.

"I said I can heal, but how does it differ from other people healing?"

Taking some shards, Linnea put them together in her hand which glowed with a white-gold light. The shards flew back together again, making a much larger shard. She smiled and placed the large shard on the table as Nos curled around her neck like a scarf.

"That's an easy way of healing; healing things that already have their parts. It's healing things without its original parts that can be the issue."

She said as she lifted the broken table leg. Putting one hand over the broken section of the leg, she hovered it there for a moment while closing her eyes.

"Analying...analyzing..."

She opened her eyes and as she did, a new table began to "grow" out from the broken end she held. She tossed the leg on the floor and it continued to grow as she spoke.

"Not every energy that can heal has the property of reconstruction, even to physical objects. That's the difference between the natures of the energies that may have the same kind of purpose. They may differ in their capabilities and limitations. This means that even if you learn witchcraft, you're not the only one that can curse...just that you do so in a way that is unique to being a witch. Though someone else may have the same ability to curse, it may have a different name, have different properties or have limitations that yours may not have simply because they use a different source of energy."

She paused, taking a breath and giving a sigh. Nos snaked over to rest on top of Linnea's head as she smiled nervously.

"I hope all that makes sense so far!"
Aquarius
Pre-Rank
Pre-Rank

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:18 am

♒ Aquarius was stunned by what she just saw. Such power, yet so beautiful.
She reached out to touch the glowing ball, suddenly feeling energized and focused.

"You make it look so easy..." she mused as she watched Linnea conjure the ball of energy and even fixed the destroyed table in the blink of an eye.

"Energy... of course. Everything needs some form of energy, it all makes sense!"

Aquarius was sitting under a huge window, with beams of sun piercing through it and shining down where the mermaid and the girl were sitting.
"Focus..."

Aquarius held out her hand into the sunlight, seeing the particles of dust circling around in it. Her long, elegant fingers waved through it, gaining warmth. She focused on the heat of the sun, the light it gave off, the movement of its light...

Suddenly, a fireball appeared from the sunlight and into her hand. Aquarius's hand flew to the side in shock as Linnea gave out a yelp. As quickly as the ball of fire appeared in her hand, the bookcase next to them was now on fire.

"Great Poseidon...!" Aquarius cursed loudly, feeling startled, but feeling a rush of adrenaline she'd never felt before. It looked like Aquarius's first conjuration of magic was off to a roaring start...♒
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:35 am

As the fireball grew concentrated in Aquarius's hand, Linnea got up and celebrated, super duper excited that her first ever student was such a natural! The blonde girl jumped up and down, in an almost "banzai!" way, even with the bookshelf behind her smoldering in flames. Nos on the other hand, in his full form that was now starting to reveal itself as the mist faded, watched a group of citizens freak out near the bookshelf on fire. With a wet slap, Nosferatu extinguished the fire while knocking the entire bookshelf down and almost one of the citizens with it. They backed away, both in shock and a little angry. However, the librarian came over fuming and ranting in the background about the precious books crushed and soaked under his tail. Nos gave a dragon-y snort, obviously not giving two damns about what just happened.

Linnea grabbed Aquarius's hands, excitement burning in her eyes.

"Lady fish...you're gonna be GREAT!"

She yelled the last bit, getting a synchronized "SHHHHHH" from the other patrons, and gave a happy laugh.

Return to “the Library”