You can now link your characters account to your main one. Use the drop down menu in the top right corner then go to profile, from there edit your profile, then go to Linked Accounts. Then begin adding from there. The dropdown menu in the top right is where you can find your linked accounts.

Entering Zen City: Reuniting with Civilization

Serving as the home of the High Elves and the protecting capital of the Halcyon Kingdom is the great forest city of Zenthêl. The City of Zen as Humanity call it is a place where the citizens want nothing more than the preservation and protection of nature. The City of Zen is mainly build atop the branches and around the trunks of tall trees that fill the forest surrounding the River of Zen. Bridges, catwalks, multistory homes and great nets all spiderweb though the branches of Zen City. The City of Zen is a place which is truly in tune with nature, animals of all kinds are not afraid to wander through town. Most have made alliances with the High Elves seeing them as no threat to nature. It is Human-kind that the animals and high elves have a thing against, thanks to the actions of the Laurentia Empire no doubt. One will rarely see a human walking about, but that doesn't mean the people here will make visitors feel unwelcome.

Prince/Princess: Illithina
City Style: Magical Fantasy
Aspects: Magikami, Fairy, Beast Summoning
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Entering Zen City: Reuniting with Civilization

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:35 pm

*As the sun rose to its highest point above the tree tops of Zen City and the Halcyon Kingdom, a figure dressed in only green sleeveless tunic and short pants passed into the boarders of Halcyon Kingdom, passing along the shadows of the trees, walking at a slower pace as he approached. The figure would be myself, having just arrived into Zen City itself. I arrived a little travel worn and tired, Egon still hanging in my belt in a the form of a Bokken, giving me directions and conversing with me mentally. It had taken us over a day to reach the CIty, the journey filled with slow hiking through the woods and conversation with Egon, who was giving me a long-down of what was happening currently across the lands of Kwandrivia.

As we entered the City, Egon fell silent, allowing me to take in the sights and sounds as I walked further into the City. I eventually stopped and stared in awe at how beautiful the tree houses and buildings were, especially the giant oak tree near the center of the city, where the leaders supposedly resided. After a while of gaping, Egon cut into my thoughts, speaking once again.*

It is indeed a sight to behold, the Elves fashioned each tree-house, each room, themselves. Instead of cutting into the wood, they use magic to grow the tree or vines into a new room, allowing the tree and plants to continue to live and thrive. Of all the places within Kwandrivia, this is the most sacred to nature....It would be best to make your home here, for the elves morals are not too far from your own peoples' or my own....

*I remained silent for a while, allowing what Egon said to soak in. It was such a wonderful place, remaining here to live seemed like such a wonderful idea....at least for the moment. I frowned a bit later, as I focused my eyes across the floor of the forest, voicing my concerns mentally to Egon.*

Where should I go now, Egon...?

Enter further into the city and see if you can find some clothes...These ones you fashioned, although good for what they needed to do, are getting worn out from travel and won't last forever...

*I nodded and walked on, not pausing to considered how strange it might seem to an outsider if they were watching how I stopped and starred and then nodded to myself before continuing on. I continued through the City, weaving through the trees and houses, I realized there wasn't much sitting across the forest floor in the way of buildings. Upon Egon urging, I then ascended into the trees, walking up the twisting stairs around the trunks of massive trees and crisscrossing catwalks that connected each tree to its neighbor. High above the forest floor, I saw a whole new side of Zen City teaming with life. Once I ventured up and a little deeper into the City, I quickly found vendors of all kinds, most selling organic materials which were harvested straight from the forest itself. I began to weave my way through the bazaar, taking ample time to
search before I came across a particular shop that was tucked away and had very few people in or near it.

Across the natural wooden show tables grown out of the tree upon which supported it was spread a multitude of garments, all of which were dyed an array of colors from forest greens and browns to bright yellows and reds. A woman sat behind the counter, a average human from the looks of her. Her hair was deep amber and she wore a brown apron over her otherwise brownish dress, which covered her fair skin. She had a bored look on her face, her fingers tracing the grooves in the show tables as her lips pursed, randomly blowing small blue and pink bubbles out at random, which floated in the air around her head, surprisingly resilient to popping, even when a breeze came. After moving my eyes over her wares and the woman herself for a few moments, I gleaned that it was safe to approach her and did so, my eyes moving over the clothing as I moved along the tables. It took several minutes of my browsing for the woman to realize that she actually had a customer and once she did, she jumped in her seat, sitting straight up and looking wide-eyed at me, as though I was a ghost. Apparently, she didn't get very many customers. Once she had confirmed that I was indeed a customer, not a lonely spirit, she jumped off her seat and stood right in front of me looking at with with an astonished, yet quizzical gaze.*

Are you interested in making a purchase? Anything catching your eye? I have a dressing room behind the counter here!

*Her voice was cool, yet the excitement could not be contained, she was practically jumping up and down where she stood in anticipating. It was my turn to stare. I stood open mouthed, watching her for a moment, before nodding and speaking.*

Yes, I actually am interested in something...just an outfit really, something sturdy yet comfortable...

*I said, before looking back down at the clothes she had on show. After perusing through what she had available, I picked up a shirt and jacket that were laying together, white and green in color, made of some linen like material.*

How about these...?

*The woman took these up, as well as a pair of green trousers and motioned for me to follow her back behind the counter. I complied walked until I met her at a archway which went into a hollow part of the tree, a perfect room with small crystalline lights sitting on various edges to light up the inside. The entrance was covered by a veil of vines, which separated the space visually from the outside.*

Try these on for size...And perhaps you would like a pair of boots too...?

*She asked, motioning to my bare feet as she held the vine veil back to allow me entrance. I nodded in reply, taking the clothes from her and entering into the changing room. She allowing the vines to fall back into place, covering me from view and I pulled my own plant sewn clothes off and started to pull the clothes she gave me on. Once she stuck her hand through the veil and dropped the boots just inside, I pulled them on too and stood, admiring myself. The clothes fit surprisingly well, as did the boots, and were quite comfortable as well.*

How are they?

*The lady's voice came through the vines, as she stood outside, waiting for me to finish, probably very excited about the aspect of making a sale today. I pushed back the vines, and walked out, allowing her to get a look at me with the clothes on. She nodded vigorously as I did, clapping her hands together rapidly and lightly, apparently very pleased at what she saw.*

Oh, splendid, just splendid...you look wonderful in those, just your color really! Now is there anything else I can get for you before you make your purchase?

*She asked, walking towards the tables again, I followed, thinking for a moment, before clapping my hand to my head, making a sudden realization: I had no money to buy the clothes! I stammered as I walked towards her, sheepishly admitting my predicament.*

Ah...M-ma'am...I'm sorry, but I don't have any money to pay for these....

*The woman turned, a quizzical look forming on her face, which also then began to frown. She paused for a moment, seemingly stuck on what to say, in shock that her only customer was now also turning up broke. She seemed to consider me for a moment, silent, as though waiting for me to explain. After a few minutes of awkward silence, I spoke again, though mentally warned from Egon.*

Careful, Sirus...don't reveal too much about yourself...you don't know this person very well, nor should you put too much trust in her before you do...

You see, Miss, I am very new to these parts...all I own are those clothes that I wove myself and my Bokken....I'm sorry for this...

No need to apologize, dear, I should have realized something was amiss with what state you entered my shop. I was far too excited about having a customer is all.

Do you not usually have many costumers...?

*I asked, curiously, watching her, thankful that she wasn't overreacting, although still nervous about what she was going to say and how I was going to pay for the clothes. The woman sighed, shaking her head.*

Unfortunately not. Most of the population here is elvish and my wares are imported from the Order in the East...They are all made with natural fibers and dyes, but the elves only trust a an elven hand to fashion their clothing...I have a few stragglers here and there...but honestly, most of the humans and other races would rather have elvish made clothing as well...though more expensive, far more ornate...and durable...

*She trailed off sadly, while laying a hand on one of her garments, looking away from me. I nodded, although not knowing where the Order was, although I was sure that Egon would tell me later, I understood everything else she said and felt sorry for her predicament.*

I think your clothes are quite fine...if I had a way to pay for them, I would be glad to wear them...

Well...There may be a way you could pay for them...without money that is...I do need some work done for me, if you would consider doing it, I would be willing to trade your services for the cost of the clothes you have...if that sounds like a fair trade...?

*My eyes lit up as she offered her price for the clothing. I quickly conferred with Egon mentally, and once I had his approval, I nodded vigorously, happy that there was a way to work this out.*

I would be happy to! Whatever you need me to do, I will definitely do my best to get done...what is it that you need...?

*I asked eagerly, waiting for her to speak. She thought it over a few moments before responding.*

I'm in need of some supplies, things that I can't get myself and I'm weary of hiring any Elven help around here. I'll make you a list, the things will primarily be ingredients and materials found in the forest, harvested from the natural plants and animals, although you may have to be careful, there are some creatures and beings that may be guarding these things...I might suggest getting a pokemon from the training center here in the city to help you out, if I may be so bold...Why don't you rest up from your travels tonight, and I'll give you the list in the morning...?

Yes, I can do that, I'll be here early~!

*I nodded, happy that I was able to help out, and Egon agreed, mentally, that it would be good to get out and stretch ourselves. The lady smiled and spoke again.*

Very good, I'll see you in the morning then...Oh, and you can call me Magoomi

I'm Sirus~

*I we both nodded our good-byes and I went on my way, weaving my way back out into the business of the bazaar, making sure to make out where the shop was so I could find it in the morning. Once I was away, I starting conversing with Egon mentally once again.*

She was pretty nice...

Yes...although I still would be careful around her...we'll see what sort of things she has on that list before we go making assumptions...it could be very dangerous, after all...Also, I believe getting a pokemon starter is a good idea as well, the more allies we have, especially out there, the better...

*I nodded mentally, agreeing also, allowing Egon to further fill me in on what pokemon were exactly. After wandering through the bazaar a bit longer, we finally made out way out to find a spot to sleep. Not wanting to further in debt ourselves in trying to find a room, we camped out among the forest floor in the outskirts of the city, making a nice den for ourselves at the base of a large tree, using foliage and vines to cover the entrance and keep ourselves unnoticed. Egon returned to his cat like form and curled around me as I laid down to sleep, the sun just dipping below the treeline as we slipped into a peaceful sleep, knowing our day ahead would be another adventure.*
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Re: Entering Zen City: Reuniting with Civilization

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:36 pm

*After leaving the pokemon center, Ginkgo, Egon, and myself arrived back at the shop where we had come the day before, after winding our way through Zen City. It wasn't easy, but thankfully Egon had taken note of the way, and we only took one wrong turn. Ginkgo (the Treecko) was having a marvelous time traveling along with us. He seemed to like it best outside the pokeball, and he was proving quite curious of his surroundings. Thankfully, he was agile enough to keep up with us and as we approached the shop, he remained at my side as I walked up the to counter, looking around for Magoomi, the shopkeeper who helped me before.*

Magoomi...? Anyone home..?

*I called out, knocking lightly on the wooden counter, as I waited, wondering where she was. Egon and Ginkgo remained silent yet vigilant as we waited, keeping out a careful eye just as much as I did.*
NPC

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:21 pm

From behind the counter, a young voice would speak. It was soothing, it was natural, it was like the wind blowing through the thick forests of the area.

"Magoomi left, she had errands to do for Ghald, so she left me in charge." the young wood elf would say poking her small head above the counter to see the one Magoomi talked so highly of.

As she poked her little head above the counter, her leafy vine-like hair decided it was time to snag itself on one of the hooks just below the counter that were used to hang things. Instead of standing upright, the young wood elf found herself back on the ground, embarrassed and all blushing because of it. Slowly, and very quietly, the young elf would rise up again.

"I... well..." is all that would come from the young shy, embarrassed wood elves' lips.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:00 am

*I watched the girl appeared, giving her a quizzical look as she rose from behind the counter. I tilted my head slitly to the side for a moment, wondering why Magoomi was gone so suddenly...it seemed that she would be her from what she said last night. No matter, I gave the girl an encouraging smile, speaking calmly.*

Oh, I see...well, nice to meet you, I'm Sirus. Did Magoomi happen to leave the list here of the things I needed to collect...?

*I asked after introducing myself. Ginkgo remained silent meanwhile, as he stood beside me, examining the wood that was naturally grown to form the various parts of the shop. Egon remained silent as well, both verbally and mentally, as though he was just listening for the moment, waiting with me to see what the wood elf's reply would be.*
NPC

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:09 pm

A moment of silence fell over the place, that was until the young wood elf remembered she was supposed to be doing work and not being shy and nervous.

"this paper...." She said pointing to the birch-bark note on the counter then looking away..

Written on it were a variety of things: sap from some rare flowers, hair from a wild boar, some chunks of a stone, feathers from some local avian, just general things for decorating or dying clothes or fashion.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Oh, thank you!

*I said, moving closer to the counter and scooping up the note carefully. After examining it for a moment, I tucked it away into the pocket of my pants, patting once it was gone. I then turned back to the girl, giving her a smile and speaking once more.*

I'll be back hopefully before nightfall with everything. Thanks again!

*With that, I turned and went on my way, heading back out of the market and to the ground. From there, I made my way back out into the forests to the North, towards the Northern trunks, where I had come from before when first re-birthed.*
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:23 pm

((:Time-Skip:))

*It was getting late, very late honestly. The sun was going down already, and our little party was just making its way into the market place, headed for the same shop that we had been at before. Egon was in the form of a bokken, which sat comfortably on my hip through my belt. Ginkgo staid in toe with me, and Aero (the freshly caught Pidgey) flew on behind us, flapping its wings. Once she (as it was a female) had gotten over the whole "separation from mom and the nest" thing, she was quite spunky, excited to see new areas and explore with her team. Once we made it to the shop, I knocked gently on the counter, as I pulled out a small bag containing the necessary ingredients that I was to obtain. From there I waited, to see if anyone would come.*
NPC

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:34 pm

The same small wood elf from before would peek her head from behind some branches to the rear of the shop. She looked at Sirus then backwards for a moment then at the floor. With red cheeks and her fingers locked together the wood elf would emerge from the back and head to the counter.

"h..hh..hhhiii" she said with a stutter.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Well, hello there!

*I said, smiling and giving a small wave, glad that someone was here.*

I'm here with the things that Magoomi wanted!

*I said, before setting the bag on the counter and opening it, so that the wood elf could easily see inside and make sure it was all there. Ginkgo and Aero remained behind me, waiting, looking around to see what other people were doing. Unfortunately for them, there wasn't too many other people out, because of the time.*
NPC

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:48 pm

The little wood elf wuickly looked through the things on the counter, after that she looked up slowly, and smiled all the while trying to hide her eyes.

"Thank you" She would say softly.

After then she pointed to a small vine and leaf made box on the left of the counter with Sirus's name on it.

"Magoomi left that as a rewards... and thanks" She would quickly say almost adding one too many O's to Magoomi.

Inside the box was a few GC some reward Points and a few snacks to eat for later.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:14 pm

"Oh, no problem at all...We're still very grateful for Magoomi's assistance from before..."

*I said with a smile. I then turned to look towards what the wood elf pointed to, the gifts from Magoomi. A surprised and curious expression came over my face, as I reached for it, and pulled it towards me. When I saw what was inside, I grinned even more, and then looked back to the girl again.*

"Oh, wow! Make sure to thank Magoomi for me!! We really appreciate everything she has done for us. And tell her that if she ever needs anything to let us know! Bye now!"

*After saying and waving our goodbyes, we departed as a group. I tucked the gifts away for later, knowing we would need food for the morning. From there we made our way to the outskirts where we had slept just the night before, just Egon and I. We returned with two more members to our little party, which I was very thankful for. We settled down in the hollowed out tree for the night, expecting to depart in the morning...although for where I wasn't sure.*

Return to “Zen "Zenthêl" City (Halcyon Kingdom)”