They say Yonohara was made by a sword. They say the Order dipped a cold blade into the ocean, and when they pulled it out two perfect drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the islands of Yonohara. Legends and tales say Yonohara was made by a handful of brave men. Warriors, willing to give their lives for what seems to have become a forgotten word: honour.

...A Stranger?

The furthest south portions of the Destreds Sea is known as the Grandier Bay. The bay is named after Grandier Fortune. It got it's name because Grandier once controlled the entire sea, sinking any ships that came his way single highhandedly. Ever since his death at the hands of the Empire, the bay has returned to peace. A statue of Grandier sits on a small island.
Kumiko
4th Rank
4th Rank

...A Stranger?

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Sitting on a piece of driftwood, kicking sand and staring at the soft waves, sits a small and vaguely familiar figure. She wears a white robe, that would almost make her blend in with the sun and sand, if not for the little red accents on it. She sits, silent, but if you approach quietly, you can almost hear a soft singing...
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

Re: ...A Stranger?

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:40 pm

☼After watching some drifting of lazy waves, Kumiko might notice in the distance, atop a single mast of a long sunken ship, stood a figure, dressed in long black mage robes. The mast, the only part of the ship remaining above water at this point, was about 15 yards out to sea and the figure stood at the very top, balanced perfectly on the very tip. He didn't seem to see Kumi...although it might be a mistake to only assume that without knowing for sure. In any case, he didn't move from his stop, but remained, his face, though hidden partly behind a hood, was downcast, searching the waters below, as though searching for something....☼
Kumiko
4th Rank
4th Rank

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:16 am

A strong breeze blows, in which some movement in the distance catches Kumi's attention. She spots the dark figure on top of some sort of pole in the middle of the water. The figure seems to be focused on scanning the depths for something, so Kumi sits back and watches it for a long moment, while nonchalantly staring at the sky, pondering what this strange creature is up to.
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 am

☼The figure paid no attention still to Kumiko, at least for the time being. The water below the mast started to bubble slowly at first...then began to bubble and foam more rapidly. A moment later, another figure jumped out of the water, and climbed the mast swiftly and easily...as though there was some net around it that allowed for easy climbing and access. The newly emerged figure reached the robed figure within a few moments, and upon a very brief and quiet discussion, suddenly disappeared. The robed figure tucked something neatly into his robes, as he looked around, and soon spotted Kumiko, who was watching near by.

A moment later, and the figure was on the move, suddenly moving down the mast with grace and ease, again with the use of some unseen force, no doubt. Then across the water he came, striding across the waves until he came to the sandy beach, where Kumi sat, watching still no doubt. The young man, no doubt in his teens from the closer view pushed back his hood a little, looking over Kumiko with piercing, yet curious gaze.☼

"What are you looking at...?"

☼The question came after a bit of silence. It was not rude sounding question, at least no how it was said...however, it was firm. He remained silent and calm after, waiting patiently for a response, and expecting one too. He didn't know who he was talking to, but it didn't seem to matter too much at this point.☼
Kumiko
4th Rank
4th Rank

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:29 am

Upon the second figure suddenly sprouting out of the water, Kumiko watched in open curiosity. Her jaw would hang open as she watched if she wasnt concerned about...well, anyway. As she retrieved her train of thought, and focused again on what she was watching, she saw the first figure tuck something into his robes... Oh no, he saw her.

Her mind whirled. Then in almost the next movement, he was standing on the beach watching her. His gaze set her a little on edge; something about him made her uncomfortable. Maybe it was his rapidly close proximity compared to a minute ago. He spoke, and her words dried up in her mouth.

"Umh... jusst... watching the waves... and contemplating... how they are reminiscent of our lives... and the clouds too..."

Her words sound funny at first, like there is sand in her mouth. But she manages to regain her composure once she starts to speak and manages to sound wistful and day-dreamy at the end. She had an air of indifference, in that she both stood her ground energetically, but also remained calm and non-aggressive.
Zekiri
5th Rank
5th Rank

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:26 pm

☼As Kumiko replied, I narrowed my eyes at her response, a frown settling over my facial features. Ludicrous.... I thought, still watching her closely. She no doubt saw one of the Defurgi return from the depths below....where there was a sunken ship....perhaps she had put 2 & 2 together...Maybe not. Either way, I had to be sure...I wanted no one interfering.☼

"So...spying on me, huh? Well, Miss, I'll have you know...You won't get away with whatever your planning...."

☼As I spoke, one of my hands slowly appeared out of its long sleeve, glowing a soft gray-blue, as a mass of Kikeri Strings covered it. My other hand, still covered by my long robe sleeve, grasped a blood-stained joker playing card, which began to also glow very softly, Kikeri Strings starting to creep up around it. I waited patiently for her answer, hoping to scare her off....If not, I might have to result to more....drastic measures....☼

Return to “Grandier Bay”