They say Yonohara was made by a sword. They say the Order dipped a cold blade into the ocean, and when they pulled it out two perfect drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the islands of Yonohara. Legends and tales say Yonohara was made by a handful of brave men. Warriors, willing to give their lives for what seems to have become a forgotten word: honour.

Hunting a Witch: Zane becomes a Deathscythe

This is the land of the dead, main roleplay for deceased characters. Enter at your own risk...

Excelsior is all that remains of the Old Kingdom's lands. These remains were once kept locked up by the Gate Keeper Guardian, a great beast created by all 3 Order Members to protect and keep anyone, including themselves out of Excelsior. At the time of Ignatius's escape, it was killed, however, and now the lands of the dead are open to anyone brave enough to enter. Beware! Souls and spirits now wander freely here, unchained by their new ruler. Powers not of the spiritual sort will be diminished here, making anyone entering vulnerable.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Hunting a Witch: Zane becomes a Deathscythe

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:35 pm

>Across the silent plains of Excelsior, a shadow moved, drifting across the surface of the land like a eerie cloud. It's origins were from Ubel Gegand, but as it left it drifted off across a barren path, until it came to rest not too far off from a small hut...where a witch was rumored to live. Once at rest, the shadow condensed, becoming blacker than night, before dispersing completely, leaving two figures standing in its wake, both facing the hut. The first was myself, tall, garbed in the normal attire I wore: Skull helmet with leatherish armor, all comprised of my Relic. Beside me stood a shorter figure with spiky black hair, young features, muscular build. It was Zane Soulflayer, my Soul Partner, the Soul Weapon who I chose to train as the first deathscythe at the Soul Academy. Why I had chose someone such as him seemed to be a mystery to everyone else...but I knew I made the right choice. Despite his appearance or age, Zane was genius, far above others I had considered for the role. That, and our souls seemed to resonate much better than with any other Soul Weapons I trained with. Upon appearing, I continued to stare ahead at the hut ahead of us, my voice cutting at the silence about us at a whisper.<

Your time has come...do not fail me...

Zane: Failure isn't in our vocabulary...

>I nodded in agreement, before starting off at a slow pace towards the hut, keeping an eye on it's door, waiting for the witch to sense us and emerge. Zane walked beside me in his human form, patiently waiting until the time he would need to transform. As we walked, gaseous Shaddow would float about us in thin cloudy mist, ready to be used. My own Soulforce also pulsed about me in a soft glow, ready to become a raging blaze. Everything was set...now we just needed the witch to show herself...<
NPC

Re: Hunting a Witch: Zane becomes a Deathscythe

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:00 pm

From the hut, steam could be seem billowing out of the chimney, the sound of machinery and cackling could be heard.

"YOU KNOW WHAT IRRITATES ME?" A female voice, shrieking from inside the hut would say.

"whats wrong now Thane?" the same voice, just deeper would say.

"PEOPLE, PEOPLE ARE WHAT'S Wrong!" the higher voice would shout.

"let's go slay some more then" the lower voice would say.

"FINALLY, AN AGREEMENT" the higher voice would yell.

Right then and there, the entire hut would explode violently, peices flying every which way. What was left of the hut would be covered in blood. At the very centre would be a older teen girl, with nothing but a Slaying Dagger in hand. She had on barely any clothes, but what she did have on took the motif of a wolf.

"LET'S HUNT!" Thane, the higher voice would say.

"Yeah, yeah" she would say in a softer tone, talking into his weapon.

The girl would then turn to Mirg, whom was walking towards the hut.

"DINNER" Thane yelled out.

"let's slice it, mince it and make something vegetarians would HATE" she would say into her dagger.

"MEAT, I LOVE MEAT" Thane would screech out.

Suddenly, without warning, everything in the area would begin exploding upwards. The ground, violently burst upwards, sending earth chunks, matter, and what ever else was there, sky rocketing. At the same time, Thane would vanish begin some of the debris. Very, very quickly, the ground was being ripped apart and thrown upwards. As it rose, it would continue to do so until it was nearly 2 kilometres up there.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Zane...

>As soon as the witch appeared out of her exploding house, the name of my Soul Partner was uttered icily from my lips and not but a moment later Zane's greatsword form was held fast in my hands, brimming with Soul Energy, enhanced by the Soulforce that burst up around me, surrounding me in a bright green aura.<

Zane's Weapon form:

>When the earth exploded upwards below us, I shot upwards in a blur, moving Zane's blade back and forth with superior strength, cutting and blasting back rock and debris away from us. The Shaddow mist that was once surrounding me now formed a solid surface below, helping to bolt me upwards from the debris and push those that got too close away. As I continued to move upwards with the debris, I motioned downwards, muttering a word allowed.<

Crudus...

>A moment later, all the shadows created from the rising debris would begin to move about, all suddenly tainted with poison and acidic nature. The shadows spread out in long tendrils, searching for the witch, attempting to sniff her out from where she was hiding, and poison/corrode her upon contact. Meanwhile, I began to slow, using the Shaddow below me and Zane to cut a path down through the rising rock, allowing myself to start to reverse the continuous movement upwards and search for the witch Thane.<
NPC

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:08 am

As the tendrils flicked about trying to find her, Thane would begin dodging them by pushing herself off any rocks that were safe. She was, all this while cloaked with a powerful Invisibility Spell - Cloak she called it. During this tie she was also dead silent, despite wanting to belt out crazy things.

As she moved about, random bolts of Lighting would begin appearing around Mirg trying to hit him.

"Gonna kill ya" a mental voice would say into Mirg, which appeared to be coming from 12 different places all at the same time.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:19 pm

>While Thane continued to taunt me, sending Lightning and voice at me from various directions, I shot downwards through the earth chunks still, using Shaddow solidified about me to help block out the random electrical attacks. I suddenly slashed forward with Zane blade, causing the space in front of me to suddenly begin freezing solid, ice bursting outwards across the earth chunks and filling the spaces between the chunks. I used my own power over Ice from Astronomy study to further the spread, quickly filling the spaces and making less and less room for the witch to move about and dodge either the ice or the acidic/poison shadows still pursuing her.

After unleashing the ice, I slowed and quickly arched a half dozen wind spirits, all together possessing the air and quickly blasting in streams through the area, attempting to locate Thane as well, using the wind's touch to feel her out. If they did manage to find her, they would all begin spinning about her, attempting to trap her in a fierce whirlwind. I meanwhile slowed and waited for my various conjurations to hopefully pinpoint the witch's location.<
NPC

Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:55 pm

"GET EM" Shouted Thane as she exited the rear of the icy, rocky, lightningy mess.

When she did, just like at the beginning, the rocks, ice and anything else in the mess of it, would be shot towards Mirg.
From where Thane was, the whirldwind would easily find her. As it surrounded her and the poison and ice came next, she would swipe the blade around herself in frantic motions.

"SLICE"

"DICE"

"MINCE"

Thane would scream out.

With each swiping motion, more vectors would form around herself that were to be used to push the attacks away from her area, just as she had done with the ground before, and her house.

"BLOOD!"

"MEAT"

"I wanna feast, and you slice"
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:52 pm

>Upon seeing where the witch appeared, I turned on a dime, suddenly phasing through the shadows around me, using them to transport. A moment later, from the shadows that the various rocks and ice made, I appeared, phasing through them and blasting towards the witch with uncanny speed. As I approached, a sudden burst of Soulforce pulsed out from me, blasting at the witch, attempting to unbalance her. I then swiped Zane's great-sword weapon form diagonally, slashing at the witch, the blade itself frosty and capable of freezing what which it touched. Even as I appeared also, the temperature of the air immediately around began to drop dramatically and would continue to do so.<

There you are...
NPC

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Thane suddenly found herself face to face with Mirg. As Mirg unleashed the Soulforce, Thane would swing her dagger creating vectors to hopefully drive it away by changing the direction of it. It didn't matter where it went, just that it went away.

"GO AWAY"

"make him bleed"

"GO AWAY"

"come to my blade"

Mirg's large sword swing would be countered and locked with the small dagger Than was using. Small vectors would begin flowing out of the blade, however, they seemed to move lower than usual as they were affected by the freezing. With her free arm, she would thrust it forwards attempting to jab at Mirg. While her arm thrust forwards, the forearm would transform into the appearance of a wolf, complete with fangs and fur.

"I don't like the COLD"
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:11 pm

>As the blade made contact with Thane's dagger, I felt a roar of energy from Zane and a whispering laugh. Seemed he was ready. I closed my eyes momentarily, reaching within as I began to tune my soul to that of Zane's. Meanwhile, the Shaddow around me solidified into several arms, each grabbing onto the witch's werewolf arm, attempting to stop it from coming any nearer to me, each grappling with crushing strength. When I opened my eyes, we had attuned and Soul Resonance had been attained. Suddenly, our resonance's Frost Field was activated, and Zane's blade form grew even colder and glowed blue with soul energy. Soul Energy also flooded the area around me, and a layer of Soul Frost would build on the Witches Soul, slowing her more. I smiled wickedly.*

Time to die, witch...

*I applied more pressure with Zane's blade, unleashing blasts of icy air outwards, attempting to weaken the witch's grip and cut through her guard, and hopefully her. The shadows at my feet also twisted forwards, attempting to ensnare Thane's own shadow and make her soul all that much more vulnerable....if they could get past her vectors.*
NPC

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:53 pm

Thane quickly found herself overwhelmed, over powered and outmatched. No amount of vectors she unleashed were working. Her vectors were failing and her attempt to lash out had failed.

"I can't lose yet"

"No I can't"

Thane shouted filling her entire body with massive amount of vectors and electricity.

"If I go, he goes"

"BOOM BOOM!"

Thane's body would start vibrating, as it vibrated it began to crack in places.

"Goodbye!!!" She yelled out as her body exploded, sending out massive amount of lighting, and outward moving vectors.

After her explosion, all that would be left was a small floating green soul in the shape of a wolf head, and her Dagger which was now falling to the ground.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:13 pm

>As the witch began her self-destruct sequence, I realized what was happening, and quickly began forming layers of protective Shaddow and Ice between us, using the cold frosty aura coming from Zane to aid. The explosion came quickly, fast enough that my defenses were not complete, causing them to falter and shatter, blasting me and Zane backwards several dozen feet. I slowly rose to my feet, a little scrapped up, but otherwise unharmed thanks to my relic armor. Zane transformed into his human form, and rose to his feet as well, sighing. The explosion had even been powerful enough to force apart our Soul Resonance, perhaps something we needed more work on. With Zane becoming a Deathscythe, things would be easier, however.<

Its all yours....you've earned it...

>I spoke to Zane and motioned to where the green wolf shaped soul floated in the crater where the witch once had stood. He nodded once then stepped forward slowly. Slowly he reached the witch's soul and with slight trembling, grasped it...then consumed it. In a sudden blinding flash of green light he was enveloped and began radiating larger amounts of soul energy than before. His physical shape did not change, though his power had increased dramatically. He turned towards me, both hands suddenly shaping into long sword blades, identical to his weapon form. He swiped them back and forth, examining them. More blades also began to extend from his back, and even his legs had the ability to transform. Seemed he didn't always need to fight in weapon form any longer. I motioned for him to return to me, which he then did as his body reverted back to its normal state.<

Well done, you've definitely impressed me. Now we have work to do...a threat still remains outside of Excelsior, a loose end that needs to be taken care of...

Zane: The Shinigami...?

Yes....They are the last spiritual force capable of challenging Excelsior...either they agree to come under it's control...or they are banished from the spiritual lands. But first we must prepare our own people. The Soul Academy must be readied...

>A moment later, a Totem Gate opened and we disappeared through, vanishing into the night and leaving the ruins of the witch's house to slowly rot, marking the first consecration of a Deathscythe.<

Return to “Excelsior”