As winter approaches Kwandrivia, a spine chilling wind covers the lands as a dark force is felt...

Mission Against the Rising Pirates Part 2: Into the Field

The Paddies are a flooded area of land used for growing rice. The Paddies are built into steep hillsides as tiered fields. They are also built along rivers and marshes. Oxen and water buffalo, adapted for life in wetlands, are important working animals used extensively in the Paddies.
Set'Ryki
7th Rank
7th Rank

Mission Against the Rising Pirates Part 2: Into the Field

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm

☼Shortly after entering the Teleportal in the Order's City, I found myself knee high in rice water in the middle of the Halcyon Kingdom. I let out a disgusted breath through my teeth as I squished and slopped my way towards the nearest ridge, annoyed and anxious to get out of the muck. Once there, I attempted without much success to ring out the bottom of the robes I was supposed to wear (but didn't want to) as well as my pants legs. I swore under my breath when finding I was still quite wet, before giving up and standing straight up to look around for my partner in this mission, Atse.☼
Atse Amana
7th Rank
7th Rank

Re: Mission Against the Rising Pirates Part 2: Into the Field

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Like Set'Ryki, Atse too found herself thigh deep in water, with odd little plants growing in it. She too, moved through the water and made her way up the small bank to the road above. After this she pulled each boot off and began dumping the water from them. This process would take a minute or two per boot as each was knee high, had leather knee pads that had to be unbuckles and tons of laces on each. When this was all done, Atse then, reversed it and put each boot back on, again taking a minute or two per boot.

"Sorry" Atse called out. She would just let the bottom of the robes drip dry.
Set'Ryki
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:04 pm

"For what?"

☼Came my reply, short but not angry. It was a rhetorical question, one which whether Atse answered or not I was going to ignore. There was nothing to be sorry about...yet. Atse was here, and that's all that mattered for her part for now. Once I knew Atse was there, I turned and began surveying the area, looking for signs of our quarry. Pirates were not overly known for their stealth or ability to be quiet, so surely we might hear some of their movements near by, if they were indeed here. My hands move to my belt, grasping at my swords there, ready to draw if necessary.☼

"We should keep on the move."
NPC

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:05 am

*In the distance a man wearing rags and leather gloves, with a cutlass at his waist watched them with a telescope he had on him. With him at the distance he was at spotting him would not be impossible but at the same time not exactly easy. He did however gesture to two others hidden well before vanishing among the nearby foliage utilizing some sort of strange enchantment on his amulet.*
Atse Amana
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:51 pm

"I agree, wouldn't want to be in the same spot for too long out here." Atse would say as she kept close to Set'rRyki.

As she did so, she would pull out medium sized cellphone and began panning around a maps app that Laurentian's commonly used.

"We're THAT close to the Great Zenthel City. WE HAVE TO GO!" she would say a bit too loudly as she got excited at the very thought of seeing a High Elven community for the first time.
Set'Ryki
7th Rank
7th Rank

Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:49 pm

"We're here for pirates, no elves..."

☼I cut in right after Atse's rave. I began to move along the outer edge of the rice field, not wanting to get wet again, oblivious to the pirate watching us. I gave a quick glance back once to see if Atse was following before continuing along, looking about for higher ground. I wanted to get this show on the road, I craved action. I was going to find those pirates...whether they came to me or I came to them.☼
Set'Ryki
7th Rank
7th Rank

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 am

:Bump:
Atse Amana
7th Rank
7th Rank

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Atse would nod in acknowledgement to Set'Ryki before slowly moving with him. While walking as quiet as she could, she looked around taking in her surroundings like a camera does a picture. Like Set'Ryki she had no idea she was being watched.
Set'Ryki
7th Rank
7th Rank

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:26 pm

(I believe Miles is narrating this?)

Return to “Ynshael Paddies”