As winter approaches Kwandrivia, a spine chilling wind covers the lands as a dark force is felt...

Coming Ashore

A small town near the border of the Order is where people first arrive when they come to these parts. Aside from a few small welcome inns and shops, there isn't much here.
Verti Edelweiss
Tartarian of the Order

Re: Coming Ashore

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 am

"If that is what you want, little hatchling, then I can arrange that..."

A cooing, playful female voice said above them. Familiar to Thundarius, perhaps, but not so to Arren, she revealed herself immediately. To the side of the taxi, Arren's specifically, was a woman riding saddleside upon an ornate jeweled staff. Long and bright auburn hair blew in the wind under a large purple hat with several straps. Despite the movement, a corseted white bodice held a rather large endowment and the high cut dress exposed healthy hips, long legs, heels. She was easily able to keep up with the taxi and she gave a giggle and a casual little wave to them.

"Oh Thundarius, dear...keeping all the hatchlings to yourself?"

A small mischievous smile played on her lips and she gave a small giggle. The woman's attention turned to Arren and she placed one hand upon the staff and leaned slightly along the side of her staff with the rest of her body, even if she was moving in one direction. It was as if gravity or psychics did not apply to her. Her lips curled into a different kind of smile...friendlier, perhaps. With a small adjustment, she rode adjacent to the taxi, coming close to Her voice flowed like thick honey to their ears, mature and seductive. Thundarius at this point would be immune to such antics merely through excessive exposure, but sometimes it may or may not take him by surprise.

"I heard it through the grapevine that Thundarius was off to test a newcomer...Arren, was it? My, my...quite a strong looking hatchling too..."
Thundarius
Tartarian of the Order

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 am

Arren's words felt like a challenge, a sparring challenge even if he was playing around the very thought of a weaponless one on one physical fight got the warrior blood within Thundarius stirring. Thundarius opened his mouth wide as if preparing to roar with excitement, it was just at this moment when he was frightened by the sudden appearance of Verti. Thundarius DID NOT expect that Verti would show up and it very much too him by surprise this time.

The moment her voice was heard, Thundarius' fur would stand up on it's end, it was a cats natural reaction to being scared, at the same time he would jump in his seat smashing his elbows off the padded seat and his head off the roof of the Steam Vehicle.

At this point the Steam Taxi was at least half way up the large hill.
Arren Waters
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Arren prepared himself to join Thundarius in humorous laughter, even if the lion man didn't perceive his childish witticism as such. It was only natural for Arren to challenge the notion of order, even if it was simply by word. He, certainly, wasn't here to cause any trouble. He barely knew anything about the place, and was only looking for the adventure promised in his mother's bedtime stories.

A positively airy declaration, in response to his quip, seize the air in Arren's lungs. The rigidity in Thundarius that passed to Arren, through their shoulder to shoulder contact, made Arren think he should be wary of who the voice came from. Thundarius standing hairs and jump didn't help either.

Unquestionably, the... sultry appearance of the woman that appeared to his side of the steam taxi wasn't familiar to Arren. He held strong in the face of her ethereality, something he was quite familiar with. If it wasn't an insult to her, it reminded him of the otherworldly nature of mother, though it could just be him miss remembering and searching for anyway to rationalize how it was that this woman was able to fly with a staff. He supposed that he had seen weirder things, this day included, with the skeletons, weird projectile weaponry, and the vehicle he was riding in.

Reflexively, he cracked a smirk, a natural thing for a goliath to do when complimented on your strength. Thundarius's silence told him to be cautious, but his goliath nature told him to be abrasive. He decided to skirt the line... "Aye, Arren it is, and if you wish to see, I'd be willing to show you exactly what this 'hatchling' is capable of." And failed.
Verti Edelweiss
Tartarian of the Order

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 am

Thundarius's reaction to her sudden appearance initially caused her to laugh a little but dissolved into a small wistful smile. Thundarius always had a small bit of fear whenever he saw her, though she was never sure why that was. They worked together for the Order, did he just not like her or something?

No matter. With an interested smile, the woman seemed amused by Arren's statement. She placed a finger to her lips, thinking...Verti's hazel eyes looked him with heightened observation.

"How endearing...we shall see about that. Ah, right. My name is Verti and I am one of the leaders here. You're in good hands with Thundarius. We will be sure to accommodate your talents."
NPC

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 pm

The Taxi would soon approach the top of the hill, it wasn't the largest hill, but enough that it gave clear view of the City of Order that lie before them. The city was large, one of Kwandrivia's largest perhaps. From what could be seen of it, there were all shapes and sizes of buildings, housing and towers. Everything from Gothic Skyscrapers to Futuristic Towers to Modern day Offices and Condos dotted the city. All mixing together like the people did. The towers were large but they weren't the largest. The largest of all was a massive tower that rose up far higher than any others in the city. It wasn't long before the Taxi Driver spoke up, he had overheard the conversation and knew Arren was a newcomer.

"This here is the City of Order, probably the only place on Kwandrivia you'll find people of different races and types ACTUALLY, getting along" He would say in a relaxed tone.

After he spoke that line he rose his hand and pointed to the Tower of the Order.

"I assume that is our destination?" The driver would ask.

Thundarius
Tartarian of the Order

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:40 pm

"I'll only be seeing you to the Grand Teleporter, from there on out, everything is up to you, Arren. That's where your journey begins." Thundarius would say.

He was indeed a little intimidated by Verti, and even a little of Farron. Thundarius knew he was the weakest of the Order members and at times that made him tip toe about to be sure he didn't cross any lines, if they existed in the first place or not.

Thundarius then quickly responded to the Taxi Drivers question.

"Not this time, Arren here thirsts for adventure. Take us straight to the Grand Teleportal!" Thundarius would say with excitement.
Arren Waters
7th Rank
7th Rank

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Arren nodded to Verti, affirming he'd heard her introduction. He would have affirmed verbally as well, but his attention was immediately seized by something else. Enraptured by a very different feast for the eyes.

Verti was the caliber of woman Arren had never seen, Thundarius the caliber of warrior, and their 'City of Order, fit the very same bill. It was a marvel to behold its splendor. Arren had seen extravagant ice palaces, but he only knew functional igloos. The City of Order was unbelievably like something out of his mother's stories. He found his voice vacant of the words capable of describing his awe. He was truly speechless.

The crown jewel was what the taxi driver pointed to next. The largest of all the towers that dotted the city. He wasn't given a name for it, but its significance and importance preceded it. The taxi driver made it so, if the size hadn't already confirmed it for Arren. Perhaps it was where all newcomers to the city ended up after they were stunned by the beauty.

Arren was finally able to gather his jaw from the floor, and regain his voice, just in time to hear Thundarius mention a 'Grand Teleporter.' Arren laughed heartily to Thundarius's enthusiasm. Adventure was always on Arren's mind.

"Verily! I sure hope your lands are as magnificent as your city, Verti and Thundarius! Dazzle me with an adventure worth remembering!"

((I blundered, lol, omitting the last bit. Shouldn't type posts at 2 AM.))
Verti Edelweiss
Tartarian of the Order

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:26 pm

(( Same, I screwed up my first post being on my phone lol np ))

Verti smiled at Arren, then suddenly began to look in the distance as the rest of the city and surrounding area passed by. She nearly even ran into something, but her staff (and not her, funny enough) dodged it just in the nick of time. Her eyes seemed to be far off as she dazed into nothingness, distracted by something only very few people could understand. This lasted only a few seconds before the red haired woman turned to them all and gave a light, airy laugh. The laugh was less about finding humor and more about trying to process what she had just seen. It was...complicated. Shifting on her staff uncomfortably, Verti cleared her throat a little.

"Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you, my darling little hatchling...I have another engagement I must prepare for. But perhaps you'll meet new people within the city. Maybe even Farron, if he plans on getting out of that mist covered territory of his."

Some several yards away, suddenly a portal with black and purple opened swirled in the pathway of Verti. It glowed a little ominously, but Verti did not stray her course. The woman merely smiled and gave a small wave, curl of her crimson hair slightly blocking an eye.

"That's my cue. Take care, my dears."

With a twinkle in her voice, the portal swallowed her whole, closing itself right after, leaving not a trace of the rift that had opened itself in front of them not too long ago.
Arren Waters
7th Rank
7th Rank

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Arren bid Verti a cheerful farewell. It would have been great to have her along, but as a leader of the wondrous city there, of course, were other things that needed to be dealt with. Adventuring probably was the last of her worries. It was probably the same for Thundarius, but Arren didn't bring it up. Instead...

"Are all the women of your city so... wonderful, Lion Friend?"
Environment

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 pm

After about 45 minutes of being stuck in traffic on a highway, then being stuck in traffic again on the City of Orders main boulevard the Steam Taxi would FINALLY arrive in the area of the City of ORder where the Grand Teleportal was. The Teleportal was located at the city's waterfront across from a massive bridge that was 6 car lanes wide and had it's own rail and pedestrian walkways. As the end of the bridge was the Teleportal Itself. The structure was massive, much larger than any building aside from the Order's Towers, and far wider than anything in the entire area save for the mountain. The structure was a massive cylidrical system of rings and support pillars that help up a monsterous array of technology that only the joint efforts of all nations could build with thier combined science and magic. This entire structure was used to Telport, ships, beings, vehicles, supplies and anything else quickly between the City of Order and any of the Capital cities around Kwandrivia. The Order and their Tartan Guard could also use it to transport anyone anywhere across the entire planet. or even to one of the moons or space stations if need be of need be.

After the Steam Taxi had crossed the bridge and was scanned for anything illegal, it would come to a stop at the terminal where a bunch of High Elven guards were talking to a few dozen Laurentian School kids who has come to the Order on a school field trip. To the left of the High Elven guards was an empty desk where two sharp dressed business men stood, each of them were tall and very slim had dark skin and both had large horns growing from their head.

"Whelp, here's were I drop you off, thanks for taking Streamline Taxi, be seeing you soon" the Driver would say, after which he'd drive off to the next customer once Thundarius and Arren departed the Steam Taxi.

Thundarius
Tartarian of the Order

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:50 pm

Thundarius would depart the Steam Taxi. After departing his stretched wide and tall and flexed his muscled a bit to rid himself of any stiffness. He was both stretching and showing off his body to anyone who happened to look his way. After he finished that, he turned to Arren and waited for him to depart the Steam Taxi

"And so we're here!" He spoke with a loud voice, and on that was VERY thankful to be out of that cramped Taxi.

"We're going to be heading on this way, over to those Dark Elves, from there, you're going to select a 7th Rank Mission. After that, you'll go through the Teleportal and be on your way." Thundarius would say pointing to the dark elves that were at the oddly empty desk, as if they had been prepared just for this new arrival.

Return to “Town”