As winter approaches Kwandrivia, a spine chilling wind covers the lands as a dark force is felt...

Someone Stole My Ship, Now I Need to Steal Another and Steal Mine Back

"A Bridge to Unite the People" The Connecting Empire Super Bridge is the largest bridge on Kwandrivia, it connects the Laurentia Empire to the New Laurentia Empire. The bridge is built from metals capable of withstanding the tremendous winds and weather generated by the Destreds Sea. The CESB is 20 lanes wide which allows traffic to smoothly flow from city to city. The bridge also has 4 train lines that run below the road deck.
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Someone Stole My Ship, Now I Need to Steal Another and Steal Mine Back

Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:53 am

(The idea of this thread is that Ariel is going to steal a random ship, anything for now, and gradually work up to get her crew and ship back)

Somewhere along the northern part of the Super Bridge, stood Ariel, she'd long since left Ubel Gegand behind and after months of travelling, had stolen a car and made her way to various ports. NOWHERE was the Freedom to be found, perhaps it was in space. But there Ariel stood, looking over the side of the bridge, hoping something came by, anything she could jump onto and steal.

"Were gonna steal a ship today" Ariel would say

"Or a boat" She would say.

"We should have taken the tanker when we had the chance" Saikrisha would say, speaking to Ariel mentally.

"We lack a crew Leviathan" Ariel would say looking left and right for something small enough she could pilot herself.
Ariel Fortune: Queen of the Pirates
NPC

Re: Someone Stole My Ship, Now I Need to Steal Another and Steal Mine Back

Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:13 pm

♦As Ariel made her way along the bridge, she would see various ships sailing across the waters, most merchant vessels voyaging back and forth between the major cities and nations. Most were further away from the bridge, probably further than Ariel would care to jump or be able to. However, if she continued to look around, she would notice a small collection of floating catwalks a few meters to her left surrounding one of the large support beams of the bridge, which seemed to be under repair...perhaps from some battle that took place here not too long before. There were several vessels docked at the catwalk's edge, no doubt cargo and supply vessels, which were being used to carry the supplies needed to repair the bridge support. Across the catwalks on the far other side was a single smaller vessel, nearly elvish in design, which seemed more like a traveler's vessel. A small band of a dozen or so workers labored near the center of the catwalks, repairing parts of the bridge support, while a few others moved back and forth carrying supplies from the supply vessels. From the angle Ariel was at, she wouldn't be able to tell if there was anyone near or in the elvish looking ship. Now she would have to make her choice.♦

[Supply Ship(s)]

[Elvish Vessel]
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:06 am

As Ariel looked over the side of the bridge a little further, she saw some construction boats and supply craft working on a section of support that was damage by something it appeared. Ariel began to move closer to where the construction was going on. She kept close to the edge to observe, but walked slowly, and calmly as not to attract unneeded attention. Once she was close enough, Ariel would slowly walk into the construction site, hoping she could sneak her way through without being noticed. First thing was first, and that was finding the elevator, or stairs to descend the catwalks/scaffolding. For now, she remained stealthy by hiding behind a vehicle to scop out the area ahead of herself.
NPC

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:56 am

♦As Ariel would look around for a way down to the catwalks, the closer she was to/looked towards the main beam that was being constructed upon, she would noticed a person or two emerging from a set of stairs recessed into the concrete, hidden from view unless you knew where they were. These led down to a small platform, which then led to a spiral staircase, which wrapped around the beam itself, leading down to its base. The stairs were small and the wind strong, so Ariel would have to be careful going down them. The workers below would continue their duties as before.♦
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:40 am

Ariel saw the staircase that wrapped around the support structure and down to the docks below where the boats were. A moment later Ariel would draw forth her Grandier Rapier and toss it straight at an automobile that was passing down the road. This distraction was going to be used to draw anyone attention towards the car, so that she could quickly sneak down the stairs.
NPC

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:01 pm

♦The thrown sword of Ariel's fasted itself deep into the hood of the car, sending sparks and smoke up at its impalement. The car skidded to a halt, causing those behind it to slam upon their breaks as well, attempting to avoid collision. The driver stepped out, a large main in a well fitted suit, exclaiming angrily with an abundance of curses and profanities as his car went up in flames before his eyes. Thankfully, through all of this, Ariel was able to escape unnoticed. As she made her way down the stairs, however, she might notice a man coming up the steps towards her, just about to turn the corner from where the spiral steps around the beam itself met the stairs connecting to the bridge above that Ariel would be descending at this very moment. The mas was dressed in a loose tunic, sleeveless, revealing tight muscles at his arms. His pants were long and tight, his hair short and spiky. About his chest was a leather bandolier, across which knives and small bottles were strapped. A large belt around his waist carried a cutlass as well as pistols. Ariel would have less than a minute until he saw her, though what she would do next was her choice.♦
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:30 am

As Ariel moved down the stairs, she could hear someone coming up. Not to get noticed this early, she leaped over the railing to her side, and used it to rotate herself while falling so she could lend on the level below. Quickly, she would do this again, descending the stairs as quick as possible.
NPC

Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:33 pm

♦As Ariel hit the catwalk below, she might hear the footsteps of the man above going on unchanged. Clearly he didn't notice her. Ariel would find as she then descended that no one else walked the steps upward to the bridge. She would find her way clear, that is until the bottom. The catwalk spiraled down to the level where the workers were tending to the beam, the end of the stairs only a few feet from where a group of them worked away.♦
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Ariels last jump, to the bottom platform landed her smack dab in the open, right then and there Rapture Saikrishna would come forth, hopping into the water. She was in her weaker state, but could still use her water manipulation. So as soon as Saikrishna hit the water, things would start getting really choppy. As the water picked up, it would specifically target the people on the docks, attempting to knock them into the waters without hurting them.

Ariel meanwhile, began dashing straight for the boat that she thought could carry the most, she hoped one of these small vessels had a crane or something attached to it.

Saikrishna, after using her water techniques, would head towards the Traveller's Vessel, and swim right up under and around it, gaining enough moment to flop herself onto the deck.
NPC

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:27 pm

♦Amidst the chaos that soon ensued across the docks, workers were quickly tossed into the water, left to try and swim back to safety or tread water where they floated. Since none of them seemed to have abilities or been prepared for the attack, they were easily dismantled from where they stood. Despite Ariel's ease of evading the workers, as soon as she came near the boat she was heading towards, attempting to steal, a bolt of purple sludge hit the dock in front of her and exploded, sending the stuff in all directions, and probably across Ariel should she continue forwards. Should she take the time to look about, she might catch a glance of a man in a long trench coat standing near the Elvish ship on the opposite side of the docks, a long sniper rife in his hands, positioned to take more shots at Ariel.♦
Ariel Fortune
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:13 am

As soon as the shot hit the deck, Ariel dove into the waters immediately seeking refuge. After hitting the water, she would begin swimming towards the place the shot was fired, using the docks as cover as she swam, and of course the water which bullets had a hard time penetrating.

Meanwhile, Saikrishna on the boat would move towards the cabin, where she would try and start the craft, or sail it away before the man noticed.
NPC

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:46 pm

♦While Ariel swam near the cat-walks, something suddenly submerged in front of her. She might have time to notice it was a small bottle with a small rock tied to the bottom, before the bottle exploded violently, sending a shockwave in all her direction, attempting to disrupt her movement towards the sniper. Meanwhile, as Saikrishna made its way into the boat, a ripping and thunking sound would be hear, as a projectile pierced into the cabin and sunk itself into the floor. The projectile was long and knife-like, the blade part fast into the wood of the floor. However, the bottom part was mechanical, and had a 10 second countdown labeled upon it. The moment the projectile hit the floor, the countdown would start and at zero, it would explode with enough force to rip the boat itself apart.♦

Return to “Connecting Empire Super Bridge”