USe the link https://kwandrivia.net/ from now on, the old one directs to errors and has issues, this is the new one.

You can now link your characters account to your main one. Use the drop down menu in the top right corner then go to profile, from there edit your profile, then go to Linked Accounts. Then begin adding from there. The dropdown menu in the top right is where you can find your linked accounts.

Practice!

Outside of the Pokemon Areas is the Battlegrounds. These are millions of specially generated landscapes each fit for your battle and skills. ere one comes to train or fight one another. Tournaments are also held here.
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Practice!

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:01 pm

"Here I am, just like they told me. The colosseum..."

The building shrunk the young girl as she raised her chin to look upward. Large stone decorated it, all the way from the bottom to the very top. Chantilly raised white knuckles to her chin in nervousness. Would this place be the right one to try to test her skills?

A fast green sprite buzzed across her vision and then settled in the middle to look at her. It was a male with short, spiked hair in all directions. Though small, he looked older than Chantilly. When he managed to stop moving, his arms were crossed and he looked at her with a sneer.

"You so damn scared all the time."

"I am not scared, Maedhros! I'm just...nervous."

"Tch. I just hope there's strong enemies. I wanna stretch some muscles."

His back turned away from her and Chantilly gave a huff of irritation. It seemed like he never believed in her! She'd show him...maybe she'd return him! Bring him back to his real master and say "You were really cheap with this one, weren't you?!". But to go to the Maedhros Major with such an argument would be rather terrifying, enough to make Chantilly mentally shudder in fear thinking about it. He'd probably give a piercing glare hard enough to stop her little heart.

So after mustering enough courage, up the stairs she walked and through the door, her robe flowing gently behind her like a cloak. Maedhros followed behind not too far away. Her shoes were silent in the grand hall, which she gawked with admiration. This place was very much like the temple she was in for most of her life, yet very different. The decor and architecture had different focus. She stood in the middle of the hall, looking around. Behind her, Maedhros flitted around looking at everything (or everyone) around him carefully.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Re: Practice!

Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:09 pm

*After my spar with the hammer wielding Erik, I would come out into the hall for a breather, deciding to take a load off and lead against one of the walls, watching people walk by and looking at the wonderful architecture. As the little lady walked in with her sprite friend, I turned to watch her, interested in her particularly apart from all the people that were there. Something about her was different, I just wasn't sure what yet. I continued to watch, figuring she might notice me eventually...maybe.*
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:17 am

It wasn't long till he caught the interest of not Chantilly, but Maedhros, who turned to his master.

"Hey. Look at that guy. Looks like you caught the attention of someone."

Chantilly looked over to Zhan with curiosity and then looked away quickly in her awkwardness. How strange it is to find someone staring at you......how to approach them? Maedhros sighed and rested on her shoulder.

"He's probably a good person to ask where you can get some practice in."

"Probably..."

She glanced in his direction, this time meeting eyes, looking down and then waving a little. A bashful smile crossed her lips.
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:22 pm

*I watched and watched until the spite and the girl finally noticed. I didn't look away, but kept my eyes calmly focused in their direction, not moving, not even to return the half-motivated wave. 'No confidence' was my first thought, as I continued to watch her, noticing her blushes and awkward stance, as though trying to metaphorically throw off my looks towards her. 'So timid...but still interesting non-the-less...' Came my next thoughts, as I then finally moved out of my leaning against the wall position and walked slowly towards her, adjusting the long Naginata that lay across my back, strapped there loosely enough to be retrieved with relative ease. As I came closer, I shifted my arms from resting across my chest to my sides and as I came to stand a few feet from her, a single small hieroglyphic tattoo moved smoothly across my skin, rising from underneath the neck of my tunic, across my neck diagonally and came to rest on the back of my neck just below the hairline, invisible to the girl now, if she was still facing me. I was used to the crawling sensation that this gave off by now that I didn't even notice, at least not enough to give a physical reaction to it. I stood before the girl, my hands loosely at my sides.*

"Hello there, Miss. You look as though you are looking for something...or someone..."

*I said, watching her, my calm demeanor continuing as usual. I fell silent after my initial comment and waited for her reply.*
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:39 am

Maedrhos looked to her and she to him for a moment before she grew flustered for a moment before having a sudden calm. Her lithe body curtsied, her eyes fluttering closed for a moment as she did so. Her lips played a kind and soft smile...apparently, the girl seemed a bit more confident now that he was closer and she knew he was talking to her. A soft clanging was heard as she stood back up, seemingly from her golden ornaments in her hair. Her eyes opened once again and the briliant cerulean blue shown through them, bright and friendly. They observed Zhan in front of her with politeness. His clothes were tattered and he looked somewhat beaten, which made sense considering they were in a Colosseum where battles were conducted.

"I am."

She smiled, her voice with surprising clarity considering her demeanor before. Maedhros looked away knowingly...Chantilly was taught speaking and conversation like a normal person, but didn't know how to deal with initiating approaches. Nonetheless, he could hear the wild thumping of her heart as she attempted to have this conversation.

"I am looking for someone, actually...someone to practice in battle. Do you know where I'd be able to find someone to help me with that?"
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:06 am

*I watched the girl's body language suddenly shift from shy to rather confident, something that nearly caught me off guard. However, I was also very pleased with the change, and it showed, as one side of my mouth curved into a half smile. I took a short bow, upon straightening up, my eyes met her's once more, before I spoke.*

"You've already found someone, Miss. I am Zhanytos, and I would happily accompany you to a sparring match as your opponent, if you wish it."

*I replied evenly, remaining where I was, giving off little of the excitement that I felt. My previous battle had been cut short, so short that I hadn't really been able to test the full capabilities of myself or my opponent. I hoped that this girl was at least a little more dedicated. I stood calmly, waiting for a reply, not letting my gaze fall from her face as I waited.*
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:22 pm

"Great, right off the bat!"

She grinned happily and leaped beside him to take him arm in hers, just like when she would walk with the priests and priestesses at her temple. Maedhros gave a groan while he sat, his legs hanging off her shoulder, elbows propped up against his knees.

"I'm Chantilly. Thanks for accompanying me, Zhanytos."

She gave a pause of silence to allow Maedhros to introduce himself if he pleased, but he did not take the time to do so, therefore she figured he didn't care to do so. Taking a glance around her, Chantilly took everything in once again. They stood in the middle of the room, so there were numerous rooms and hallways to walk through. The girl wasn't exactly familiar with this place, considering it was her first time here. A hand gestured gently in front of her.

"You can lead if you'd like. I don't really know where it's safe to spar..."
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:05 am

"A pleasure to meet you Chantilly~"

*I smiled widely at the comment that Chantilly made, as she jumped beside me. I allowed her to take my arm, before I started steering us towards a hallway towards our right, which was shorter of ceiling and thinner in width. As we walked the breath of the hallway, I spoke.*

"No problem, I'm happy to accomodate you. I, too, was looking for a sparring partner anyways. My last fight ended prematurely..."

*I trailed off, as I took us down another hallway, smaller still, that branched off the one we had turned down. I, who was used to living in large cities on the streets or wherever I could find, found it easy to acclimate myself with a building layout fairly quickly. The Colosseum was vast, but it did have quite a bit of symmetry to the way its various hallways and such were layed out, allowing it to be more easily navigated. I pointed towards a small window that was at the end of the hallway we had just entered and spoke again.*

"Here's where you check into one of the sparring arenas...And it looks like they have one open!"

*I pointed as we approached closer toward a large chalkboard that was errected above the window. The person sittine behind the glass was sitting and looking very bored at the moment, drumming their fingers on the surface in front of them. I motioned towards them and then towards the board. The attendent stared at me for a moment, listlessly, before giving a start. Aparently he had been daydreaming. He quickly grabbed a piece of chalk and wrote on a smaller chalkboard that was on the counter surface in front of him. No doubt through magic, whatever he wrote on the smaller board beside him was instantly transcribed on the large chalkboard above the window in large, orange tinted chalk marks. Once he was finished, the board next to slot #4 read: Zhanytos vs. Chanty I gave the attendent a thumbs-up, before steering us towards a door opposite the window, which slowly creaked open of its own accord.*

"I always wondered how they know our names...Ah, here we are!"

*I said, as we entered the arena. As we walked in, we could see it was clearly based off of a grassland theme. Most of the area was covered in tall grass, some parts around the edges by the walls even towering over my own height. In the very middle stood a small pond of water, which was surrounded by a small sandy-pebble beach. As one would move away from the pond, the grass would become increasingly taller, starting from just mown a few feet from the beach, to the 5-6ft tall which hung back around by the walls. I stopped once we were inside, the door closing behind us again, of its own accord.*

"So...how would you like to begin...?"
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:13 pm

"Huh..."

She stared at the board, squinting at her name. An error. Nevermind it. She followed behind him closely and the door closed behind her gently (how did it do that anyway?). The 'room' was much more vast than she thought it would be, certainly much bigger in the inside. Chantilly looked with wonder at the grassland, a pond of water in the middle. She took no time to run and squat near the edge of the water, looking over it curiously to see if she could spot any fish. Maedhros grumbled on her shoulder.

"You get so distracted so damn quickly."

! That was right. She nearly forgot why she was here. Chantilly stood up once more and turned to Zhan. Maedhros lifted himself off of her shoulder to fly again.

"Let's start already."

"Right. Let us begin, Zhan...I suppose immediately."

Her arms groped for the scepter behind her. Her hand managed to grab onto the rod which she pulled. It came apart from its holder and she stood with it in one hand. The gem upon the scepter began to glow a bright white. She extended it and a large white bolt shot out of it and toward him (Moon Bolt). While that happened. Chantilly centered herself, grasping onto the imagery of a golden haired woman in the middle of a forest. Leafy, the smell green. Realizing the fight had begun, Maedhros grinned and in a flash of white, his being turned into a shortsword, its hilt a dark green. It matched the speed of the bolt, flying in Zhan's direction in a diagonal slash toward his chest.
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:56 pm

*When Chantilly ran towards the water after we entered, I remained where I was, standing about half way between her and the door we entered through, giving myself plenty of room. After she turned, I took a stance, hearing that her sprite was wanting to start. Upon her retrieval of her scepter, I placed a hand on my Naginata, which was also holstered behind me. However, I didn't get the chance to immediately withdraw it. As the moon beam shot towards me, I paused for a second, then dodge rolled into the grass beside me, nearly vanishing for a second. In one motion then I stood and withdrew the Naginata, holding it with both hands out in front of me. Once withdrawn, I then burst towards Chantilly in a fury of movement. I was actually pretty fast, despite being a spear-wielder. As I shot towards Chantilly, I moved the tip of my spear in small circles, barely noticeable with the movement of running. A slight pause before the ground around Chantilly shuddered and small geysers of sand burst out of small fissures that formed across the surface of the beach. These geysers were meant to both distract and disrupt whatever else Chantilly was planning to do, but also create a smokescreen of sorts against both her and the sprite, as to attempt to hide my exactly location, either by blinding them via direct sand in eyes or just making their area a little hazier. Either way, I shot towards them readying myself for more necessary dodges, but also not letting up on speed.*
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:09 am

(Did you dodge both the bolt and Maedhros?)

The imagery was enough.

"Brigantia!"

The loud roar of a bear cut through the landscape and through the sand, magical vines sprung up to pull her backwards away from where she once stood. On the other side of her shoulder which Maedhros once was, a small, brown bear cub stood. It sniffed the air quietly, and turned away from the sand, curling itself within Chantilly's neck. When the sand geysers erupted, Chantilly instinctively shielded her eyes with her sleeve and raised her staff. It shot out a dispersal of the silver bolts in a wide cone (Spread Shot), keep herself at a distance.

Maedhros' sword dissipated into thin air after seeing that he was dodged and instantly another short sword created itself in front of Chantilly to defend her. Because his form was in a sword, Maedhros did not have eyes to blind, though the area was hazier. It did not stop him from seeing Zhan's figure approach quickly, so he followed him close, swinging himself horizontally to cut him off from his master.
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:37 pm

((Yes I did and sorry for the wait~))

*As Chantilly changed the form of her sprite and the roar of a bear was heard, I jumped backwards and to the side, swinging my spear around instinctively, thinking perhaps a wild animal had been conjured. Once I realized that was false, I droved my attention towards Chantilly again, watching the Spread Shot blast out from her scepter and pierce through the area around her.*

"This is one tough cookie...just need to get a little closer..."

*I thought, as I watched her sword appear before her again. Deciding to change my tactics slightly, I smote the ground with my Naginata, causing more tremors. This time, as more fissures appeared throughout the beach, a tidal wave like wave of sand blasted upwards behind Chantilly and attempt to blast her forwards towards me, so that I could close the distance. I waited and watched for the first few moments, however, wanting to make sure that worked before leaping at her. While I waited, I pulled one hand away from my Naginata, and channeled a Chaotic event. I thrust my palm straight towards the sword that was blocking my way, causing a Hieroglyph that appeared tattooed on my palm to suddenly burst outwards and shoot towards the sword at a fast speed, attempting to envelope the sword in a pressure explosion, which hopefully, at least for the time being, disable or blast the sword away. Once that was done, if the wave had worked at pushing Chantilly towards me, I would leap at her to close the distance and use the long reach of my Naginata to attempt to slice and stab her. If she managed to evade the wave/not be pulled towards me, I would remain where I was and start channeling another Chaotic event.*
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:29 pm

The attack on the hunter patron worked. Maedhros took the hieroglyph blast and he clattered to the ground. He was disabled for a moment because he had no levitation (disoriented) and had to regain his senses (1 post disability), but while he lay there, he managed to change his shape into a shortbow, wooden with a piece in the middle as a shiny metal. It land in the sand for the time being.

Meanwhile, Chantilly had been blown toward him, but calmed her mind. She could see his figure leaping in her direction. The cub next to her gave a wild roar: a large hand made of heavy layers of carved bark erupted from underneath the sands to upper cut at Zhanytos from below. Chantilly extended her scepter, making small circles with it before a large bolt of silver shot out of it in Zhan's direction.
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:03 pm

*The ground shook as I charged for Chantilly, and then I felt the sharp pain in my chest and chin, suddenly losing my position and being thrown upwards. I coughed and fell backward, instinctively reaching out and causing the sand on the beach around and under be to suddenly explode upwards, catching my fall and pulling me to the ground to safety, while also blasting upwards, probably blocking the silver bolt before it hit me, and also possibly blasting Chantilly up into the air as well, if she was still within close enough range of me. Once I was caught by the sand, I stood, thrusting out my hands, causing tendrils of sand to blast upwards out of the beach surface again, several around Chantilly that attempted to latch onto her limbs and trunk to restrain her, while more tendrils attempted to bind the bow form of Maedhros to the ground, trying to pin him in place. While I had my hands out to manipulate the sand, a Hieroglyph appeared on both of my palms and one fired in Chantilly's direction, aiming to where she might be pinned if the sand succeeded, attempting to unleash a small explosion upon contact with her or any part of the area around her. The other Hieroglyph remained on my other palm, waiting to be released. I then stood, pulling my Naginata up with my free hand, readying myself for Chantilly's counter.*
Linnea Redhunt
6th Rank
6th Rank

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:58 am

The sand pillars that exploded upwards were easily avoided by maneuvering using Brigantia's vines. They repositioned her away in a safe place once again, keeping a distance. It would have been bad news if she was caught, regardless if she could get out. A mistake can still be deadly. Maedhros, too, would not be bound, as he is capable to returning to his Master after he regained orientation. He blinked out of his position in the sand and back to Chantilly, who held out a spread left hand. In her hand, a pair of arrows formed out of heavy bark, the tips dripped purple fluid. At the butt end (feathered) was a green leaf...when the arrows formed by Brigantia were finished, they were taken by Maedhros who was still in his short bow form. The string pulled back, aimed directly at Zhan and then fired. The arrows darted toward him, green magic swirled around them slightly.

Return to “Colosseum (Battles and Training)”