I have Rebuilt the Kwandrivia Roleplay World, there are new national banner and a simplified layout that is easier to use and has less subforums. I have also skipped the Civil War Idea I had and just made the new layout with that in mind.

The Laurentia Empire has now split into two nations, the Anglia Empire and the United States of Laurentia.

Collecting Lost Scrolls

Twisted Meadows, it's a name that describes itself in every way. Oh, but not in the way you think, here lives the Twisted Slayer Clan. These inbred family members all relentlessly kill anyone who dares to intrude upon their meadows. While they may be dimwitted and lack intelligence, they make up for it in raw strength and power.
Environment

Collecting Lost Scrolls

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Where the mission started was at the end of a cobblestone path at around 3AM in the morning fog filled each path and the forest around it. On either side of the cobblestone path was a forest, nothing too special and very much a normal place. At the end of the cobblestone path was a sign labelled " 2 izted Med-oh" Written in what was clearly English, but not spelled in any ways correctly. Beyond the sign were 3 paths that forked in completely different directions. Each path was dimly lit by hanging lanterns made of animal skulls and oils that had been stuffed into any of the skulls openings. The paths were each made from dirt and were muddy and unkept, but each showed evidence that people still used them.

The mission report said that each scroll was somewhere down each of these paths. It also said to beware of Twisted Slayers, a clan of idiots, but idiots that were experts in killing.
Kasotsu
7th Rank
7th Rank

Re: Collecting Lost Scrolls

Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:59 am

*As my siblings and I arrived on the scene, I began to look around, though not at anything in particular very closely. I starred down each path for a bit of time, trying to make out anything that might be down them, but probably failing due to the time of night and the fog...which didn't seem to bother me. In fact, nothing about this place really seemed to bother me. Nor did I particularly like this place either. It was a sort of indifference that I held. My main drive was to finish this mission...and the easiest way to do that was...*

Guess we should split up. Three paths, three of us. Makes sense.

*I spoke out simply to my siblings, as though I was announcing the temperature or time. It was a fact to me, something that was clear cut and had no real reason to think about any further. I took a step towards the left most path, knowing it didnt really matter which one I took, as we didn't know enough about any of them to differentiate them.*
Yuuka
7th Rank
7th Rank

Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:05 am

Like hell we will.

*Came my sharp reply, as I stepped in front of my older brother before he could make it down the far left path any further. I held out a hand towards his chest, ready to thrust him backwards if need be.*

Didn't you read the mission details? There are Killers living here. I mean look at those skulls! Clearly this is not a place that we should get separated in! Think about your brother? Wouldn't you feel awful if something happened to him?

*I continued to make my case in a sharp curt tone that attempted to catch my older brother Kasotsu's attention.*
Siekiel
7th Rank
7th Rank

Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:36 am

I can take care of myself...

*My voice barely cut into the conversation, as I took a close look at the animal skulls, interested in the lanterns and the skulls they were made out of. The prospects of going on a path alone didn't seem to scare me. Maybe that was the matter of being shot at by berserk robots. I shot a look over at my sister and brother, wondering which of them would win over the argument.*

...I took care of my own mission, after-all.
Kasotsu
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:16 am

*As Yuuka began her rebuttal towards my announcement, I folded my arms across my chest, my eyes going out of focus as I allowed my sister's words to wash over me. When she was finished I looked down at her, and then to Siekiel, who spoke, though barely loud enough for me to hear. I almost pounced on what he said, looking back at my sister and giving her that "I told you so" look.*

See, he's perfectly capable of taking care of himself. Besides, if we stay together, there's a chance we'll have to face all of the Twisted Slayers at once. If we split up, so will they, and we'll have a much easier time defeating them...or running away in your case.

*I gave her a triumphant grin, before walking around her and heading towards the left fork of the three paths before us. From my belt I drew out Ripple's pokeball, holding onto it for a moment, as I stopped at few feet into the trail and turned my head back towards my siblings.*

I'm heading down this path...you two can team up if you like, but I'm going on my own. See you later, girly.

*I waved with a small chuckle before turning and heading down the winding path once more. Once I was a few more feet along the path, I tossed the pokeball ahead of me a few feet, causing Ripples, my Squirtle, to appear.*

Ripples: "Squirtle!"

*I chuckled again at the sight of my friend so happy to be out and about, small bubbles floating out of his mouth and down the path behind us as we continued on. While we trotted along, I drew out my sword, Thunkydrus, out just in case of any attackers that might jump out at us. We continued on, keeping an eye out for our quarry, the lost scrolls.*
Yuuka
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:11 am

Why you.....

*I began as my older brother walked away all smug, clearly with no concern for either of his siblings, at least how I saw it. I huffed a bit, before turning to look at Siekiel, my eyes flashing dangerously from behind my glasses.*

The Nerve....

*I emphasized the word, making it stretch to include both my brothers, as neither of them seemed to want to cooperate. I huffed again, whipping around and stalking down the opposite path from Kasotsu, one hand at the pokeballs on my belt, the other grasping for the bow strapped to my back. I was fuming and I would just have to take it out on the native killers...there was no other way to show up my brother than to simply murder more murderers than he could. I would simply come back with a carpet woven from the hair of my enemies, with the heads still attached, to show him up. I continued to stalk down the path, preparing for whatever lay ahead.*
Siekiel
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 am

Oh sis.....

*My voice trailed off as she too disappeared down the path. I could see it in her demeanor that she had just become a scorned woman...and one not to be trifled with, not that she really was otherwise. She definitely had inherited Mother's wild spirit. I sighed, straightening back up and picking my way down the middle path, Khrome, my Beldum, appearing from the ball in my hand and coming to float beside me as we continued down the path. My Relic, which was in the form of a green lit gas mask, was strapped across my jaw as usual. I was curious to see what lay ahead and what sort of people these...killers...really were. I just hoped that my siblings and I were more than a match for them.*
NPC

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:13 pm

All 3 of them would walk down their respective paths for about 30 minutes. Just long enough that if any of them screamed, none would hear the other. The walk was silent, as was to be expected of a forest in a thug infested country that had pre-industrial technology.. It was a sort of surreal quiet, so mush so that the rustling of trees and movement of nearby wildlife was sharp and piercing in the air.

Siekiel was the forest to find something in the serene forest. What he came across was none other than one of the scrolls. It was just lying on the ground, half opened, with a blue glowing rune at the bottom of it. If Siekiel had any superhuman sensory or visions he would sense that there was no one nearby, no traps of any kinds, but there was a energy in the air that was unmistakably the same as the one on the scroll.

The other two would end up finding nothing down their paths, they just kept walking.
Kasotsu
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:30 pm

*I would continue down the path, despite finding nothing, my eyes peeled for any signs of movement. With passing of time and finding nothing, my eyes would suddenly spark lightning blue as I walked, the Raikoglyff activated and allowing me its enhanced vision. With it, I peered through the gloom, searching even off the beaten path for any sign of the thugs or the scrolls. Ripples continued to walk beside me, every once in a while blowing a water bubble out of his mouth for fun and launching it skyward. Eventually these would pop and shower rain drops down on the ground below, but not before we passed, leaving small wet patches and puddles on the ground, like a breadcrumb trail.*
Yuuka
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:38 pm

*I continued down the path, my left hand holding my bow, the right hand hovering between my arrows, whip-blade, pokeballs, and invoking a summoning. I was ready for just about anything and I kept my senses sharp for anything that might cross my path, as well as those scrolls. I was still fuming from Kasotsu's attitude, though it was a cold anger, one that only made me more dangerous. I particularly kept an eye out for anything that might be those thugs...I wanted to give them hell.*
Siekiel
7th Rank
7th Rank

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 pm

*Upon finding the scroll, I would stop to survey the area, looking for traps or the killers. After I was satisfied there were none, Khrome and I would give each other a look, knowing that we were both suspicious. With nothing to see however, I stepped towards the scroll and attempted to pick it up. I hesitated only on the prickling sensation that went down my neck from the energy that the scroll was giving off, which I could not otherwise sense. I knew something was off, but there was nothing else I could do than try to see what happened.*
NPC

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Far behind Kasotsu, a small glimmer could be seen. This glimmer was two shining gems that seemed to be floating in the air. With each water bubble that popped a small Pokemon could be seen dancing in the falling rain.

--------------------

As soon as Seikiel touched the scroll, a massive concision of silence would be fall the area around him. It was a outwards blast that seemed to absorb all sound. After this the scroll would begin vibrating, shaking and pulsing. Smoke would begin seeming out from the scroll as this happened. Shortly after that same smoke would begin billowing out completely covering the area the anti-sound wave filled. This gas was poisonous, and could be both breathed in and absorbed by the skin. From the smokey gas, a massive fist would form and punch towards Siekiel. Just as the first fist punched, a second would rise from the ground aiming to grab onto his feet.

----------------

Yuuka was just out of range of hearing to hear anything Siekiel might be doing, and even if she was in range, the sound negating shockwave would make hearing impossible. Other than that, her path appeared to be the fastest, and the most featureless.
Kasotsu
7th Rank
7th Rank

Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:53 am

*Ripples was the first to notice the pokemon who was following in our wake, as it was his water the newcomer was playing in. A small "Squir-squir" from Ripples alerted me to what he saw and we came to a halt, my eyes judging, calculating. A few moments later, I issued a command in undertone and Ripples used [Bubble], unleashing a torrent of fast moving water bubbles towards the pokemon, which would explode on contact. The attack wasn't high powered, but it was enough to help gauge what this newcomer was and could possibly do.*
Yuuka
7th Rank
7th Rank

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:02 am

*With a frustrated grunt, I tossed out a pokeball in front of me, causing Sunspot, the Arcanine to appear in front of me.*

Sunspot, use Flamethrower!!

*Within seconds of the command, Sunspot had stretched his maw wide and unleash [Flamethrower], causing bright orange flames to spread across the area in front of us. I quickly took advantage of this to use my Druidic power of Fire Natura to bend and spread the flames outwards, creating a ring around us, which I then thrust outwards. The ring burst out, becoming a single ripple which moved outwards, moving away from the path and out through the twisted meadows. I was attempting to draw out anything or anyone around, or possibly scare it away. The flames wouldn't last long on their own, but it would spread far enough to get the attention of something, or at least I hoped. After unleashing the fire-burst, we waited for a little while to see if anything would be spooked or drawn towards us*
Siekiel
7th Rank
7th Rank

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:15 am

*The force of the blast was enough to push Khrome and myself backwards, and I quickly let go of the scroll, knowing and feeling something was wrong. The gas that spilled from it would not affect my respiratory system, as the gas mask shaped relic that I wore would naturally filter those things out. However, the skin was a different story. Thankfully, I was a little more familiar with things that were of the poisonous/acid variety, even on a magical/metaphysical spectrum, thanks to my mother. I quickly focused Navitas inside me while backpedaling, quickly causing the air around me to suddenly shudder and blur. Within seconds, Ectoplasma, a special Soulforce/Entropy Magic combination surrounded me, protecting me from the touch of the smoke. It also would soften the blow of the fist that burst out, causing me to be thrown backwards, but have a cushy landing. The force of the first punch and the fact that it landed quicker than it would have it I hadn't been surrounded by Ectoplasma, meant that the hand from below would have probably missed, or just grabbed some of the Ectoplasma from around me, as the fist might also have been covered in it from the punch. If the hands remained formed, I would attempt, upon landing, to cause the Ectoplasma on each to surround and eat away at the hands. If the hands dissolved back into smoke, I would instead have the Ectoplasma congregate together and shoot towards the scroll, attempting to surround it and keep the smoke contained, as we as possibly turn off this annoying magic by sapping it of some of its energy. Meanwhile Khrome floated nearby, waiting for any commands I might issue.*

Return to “Twisted Meadows”