I have Rebuilt the Kwandrivia Roleplay World, there are new national banner and a simplified layout that is easier to use and has less subforums. I have also skipped the Civil War Idea I had and just made the new layout with that in mind.

The Laurentia Empire has now split into two nations, the Anglia Empire and the United States of Laurentia.

Stopping By: Mirg's search for a Tome

In almost the dead center of the Dominion Federation lies a frozen salt water lake known simply as Crystal Lake. Crystal Lake doesn't gets its name from the crystal clear ice, but instead gets its name from the rare type of crystal that can only be found growing in the depths of the ice. The Ji'Nor Crystal as the companies of the Federation call them are a crystal that flows with natural energies making them perfect weapon cores.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Stopping By: Mirg's search for a Tome

Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:59 pm

>After traveling several days by shadow, I arrived at my northern destination...or at least the first one. It was here, at the Crystal Lake I was to search for an Astronomy Tome. The frigid air whipped about me as I arose from the shadows, though I did not shiver or yield in any way to its bite. I was wielding Shadow Slice, one of my many scythes, though this one was particular special, as it enhanced my abilities with Occlutiology significantly. Upon arriving, I quickly arched a water spirit into the lake itself, searching in case the tome was submerged beneath the deep, frigid waters. A moment later, another spirit was arched out, a wind spirit, which went out searching from above to spot anything significant, which would then be whispered to me through the wind. I, myself, continued to remain connected to the shadows, using them to search all the very shadowy areas around, such as for caves and such, that might contain the tome within them. I continued using these three methods, attempting to find some sign of the tome, hoping that at least one would trip something interesting.<
NPC

Re: Stopping By: Mirg's search for a Tome

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:00 am

Mirg's scan/sensory would only show one result for now, as if his scans/sensory were being jammed boy something. This result, was oddly a Monkey, and it was the only things out of place for at least 100 kilometers. Weather or not Mirg chose to investigate it was his choice.

However, if he did, the Monkey would be seen wearing an Exosuit that had Gorilla-like properties to it, and from the looks of it, it was also Submersible, and looks to be quite durable. The Monkey within the suit was visually scanning the horizon himself and noticed something, something over the hills, something that caught his interest. An interest that kept him from noticing Mirg.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:30 pm

>After double checking my searches, I decided to check this creature in a suit out, wondering if he was getting in my way of locating the tome. I left my arched spirits in tact, while sinking back into the shadows, disappearing from view and moving through them towards the monkey, slowly enough that I hopefully wasn't detected, and really shouldn't have been, because of the stealthiness of shadow-movement and the attention of the monkey on other things...perhaps the Spiritual presence I was sent to investigate. Within seconds, I was already near the monkey, advancing from behind. As I approached, I whispered "Crudus" under my breath, activating Soul-Shadow Tether, passively gaining the ability to attack spiritually by attacking a person's shadow. From the nearest shadow I sat within, suddenly unleashing my own shadow in a long single tendril, which snaked across the ground faster than a serpent striking, aiming to pierce straight into the monkey's shadow. If they were connected, an immediate immobilization attempt would be made, as I tried to bind the Monkey's soul directly. However, just in case, I also poured out a large cloudy wisp of Shaddow out from the shadows as well, ready to strike with the energy if need be.<
NPC

Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:09 pm

In no time at all the Monkey found itself caught, it's soul was bound, and it unable to speak, or move really, even the machine it was hooked to was snared. Only, a few twitches could be seen from the monkey, it must have been 5th Rank or lower (6th).
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:16 pm

>Upon immobilizing the monkey and its technology, I quickly took further control, binding its soul to my full control, more or less. After doing so, I attempted to force it to do a scan of the area, attempting to locate the tome for me...it was probably the best way at this point, if the monkey was the one jamming my scouting capabilities. If the monkey was able to locate something, I wondered if I might be able to use it to retrieve the tome for me...or even help me scout the area when I went searching for that spiritual power source. The possibilities were really endless...though I felt I was getting ahead of myself. I took a deep breath, remaining in the shadows for now, waiting to see if the monkey and its technology would be of any use to me.<
NPC

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:14 pm

After taking complete control, Mirg would notice the Monkey wasn't the one who was jamming anything, but the monkey was interested in something coming from the Mountains that might have been the source of the jamming. The monkey and the machine was also trying to scan at the moment, but also couldn't get readings or anything that didn't point towards the mountains.
Monsters

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:19 pm

At the end of the lake stood a dark shaded figure, one resonating with powerful Undead and Spiritual Energy. From where the monkey and Mirg was, only the silhouette would be made out. It would seem whatever it was was protecting the way to the powerful energy signature up in the mountains.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:12 pm

>Upon detecting the shadowy figure resonating with similar powers to my own, I shrunk back into the shadows even more, hoping to remain undetected, at least for the moment. Hoping to still have the element of surprise, I decided to move quickly and attack...although not directly. Rather, I shifted the shadows forwards, enough to swallow the monkey and its entire suit whole, while continuing my hold on him spiritually. A few moments later, as we moved through the shadows, I would move the Monkey, forcing him to attack out of the shadows directly behind the dark figure. Upon forcing the monkey to attack, I also gave him a Soul-Shell, a protective layer of spiritual energy and Soulforce around the monkey, attempting to protect him a little, if not to just make him last. I also arched two Spirits to possess the monkey's suit directly, one spirit being a ice nature spirit, that would use the surrounding cold and ice to bolster the suit and monkey's physical attacks and defenses, bending the ice and cold around to its will. The other spirit was a shadow spirit, that would cause the suits shadow to attack the dark figure's shadow, attempting to attack him and his soul directly through my activated Crudus passive ability. I meanwhile, remained in the shadows near by, watching and observing to see what this guardian was...and hopefully discover more about the location of the tome and the spiritual force I was off to explore.<
Monsters

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:04 pm

The Shadowed Figure stood there, motionless as Mirg sent the Monkey Suit and the shadows appeared before it. The shadow that Mirg sent, would indeed strike the shadowy figure, and when it did, Mirg would have full view of what was hidden by those shadows.

As the Lich-like monster was revealed, it's own shadow, purple in colour would begin to leak out from beneath it's armoured robe, and any exposed non covered areas. "Fushine Shadow Coffin" The Lich would say causing the purple shadow to flow around the Shadow Mirg was attacking it with. This both greatly slowed down Mirg's shadow and began to cover it with the purple shadow. Once the purple shadow finished flowing around Mirg's shadow attack, the purple shadow would exert pressure and force attempting to crush Mirg's shadow and absorb what was left into it's own.

As time passed, purple shadow would flow everywhere in the area, soon it would encase the monkey.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:03 pm

>As the shadow attack contacted the purple shadow of the Liche, I considered it for a moment, studying it and making sure that it was safe, before suddenly transporting myself through the very shadow that was being attacked, and as I appeared, slashed outwards repeatedly with Shadow Slice, using the Scythe's natural abilities to slice shadow-based attacks to rip apart the Liche's purple shadow. In doing so, I would also target the purple shadows around and on the Liche itself, attempting to break its protective barriers, while the shadow from the monkey, still controlled by my shadow spirit, could continue to attempt to assault the Liche. Should this shadow contact the Liche in any way or amount, it would most likely slow it as it would begin to attempt to bind and attack the Liche's soul as well, or any spiritual essence present that was keeping it animated. Should this succeed, the Liche would either be bound completely to my will (less likely), or be slowed and damaged. I continued my attack, pressing my advantage of Shadow Slice against the Liche's purple shadows. Incase the Liche should attempt to backpedal, a Specter Spirit would also be arched on the other side of him, and attack with it's scythe, attempting to hue the Liche apart both spiritually and physically.<
Monsters

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:58 pm

the Liche did not move, or it couldn't, it was bound to this very spot by a force that could be felt coming from the hills nearby. The Barrier the Liche was using would hold for now, but it would soon fail if this assault continued. Within the barrier, purple Shadow would begin to form, and after it had completely formed and filled the barrier, it would begin pulsing outwards, in strong waves that also spiraled around the Lich. This was an AoE that would constantly dead damage to anything that was inside it, energy, shadow, people, ice, air (Karthus AoE). This would continue on, as long as Mirg and the Moneky Suit stayed within it. At the same time, from the sky, 2 shadowy beams of light would begin forming, quickly growing in size before suddenly, a Requim of shadowed light lanced down from the sky, attempting to erase Mirg and the Monkey from the area. (Karthus Ult), to make Matter worse the AoE would begin slowing all that was within it down. As it did these attacks, the barrier would begin to weaken making it more vulnerable to Mirg's influence.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:23 pm

>The moment the aura burst outwards from the Liche, bathing myself and my monkey-suited minion, and we began to be damaged by it, I focused, causing a Shaddow aura to form around me as well as a Deathchill aura, made of Soulforce. The Shaddow aura clung to me, forming another layer of protection across my body, further softening the damage of the aura. The Deathchill aura, on the other hand, spread outwards from me, enveloping and protecting the Monkey as well. The aura itself both created another barrier around us that helped soften the damage from the Liche's purple shadow aura, but more importantly, sapped energy from the Liche's attack, which was then used to heal us, though perhaps not enough to completely counteract the damage we were being dealt. Being the Liche was so close to me, the Deathchill aura would also sap energy from the Liche's shield, further weakening it, as well as from the Liche itself, if the Deathchill aura could reach past it.

Now that I had my defenses in place, I fueled Soulforce around my scythe Shadow Slice, allowing my constant flurry of slices to help further damage, drain, and deteriorate away at the energy surrounding the Liche in barrier form. With a pause, before the last attack of the Liche fell towards us, I focused more and more Soulforce around my scythe and with a heavy swing, drew the scythe's blade, which was 2x as large now from the Soulforce around it, across the Liche and it's shield horizontally, attempting to cleave the barrier and the Liche in half in one more swift strike. At the same time, the Specter Spirit who had appeared behind the Liche, and who had also gained Soulforce advancements, attempting to do the same thing with its scythe, covered and enhanced with Soulforce, on the other side of the barrier, so that it would also like scissoring the Liche and his barrier in half. If we were successful, we might interrupt the Liche's last spell, and save ourselves from the damage, as well as defeating our foe who stood in our way. If the Liche's last still did fall, we at least would be protected by the various aura's around us, hopefully.<
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:09 pm

((Bump))
Monsters

Fri May 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Without the ability to move, it could do nothing but continue to try and cast it's last spell. With the continued assault from Mirg, it's own defences would fall and shadow slices would strike it on various points slamming through the barrier and finally itself. As the liche was hit, it's body would be broken down and destroyed, however, it's energy would still remain, or what little of it, Mirg didn't sap away. This energy would tahe the form of the liche, who, like before, was casting the same drop down beam spell, and still had the aoe, slow/damage spell active. In it's energy form, the liche was untargetable, but, it wouldn't last long before the energy form went away and the liche was fully defeated. Whether or not Mirg was hit, the liche would be gone, and in it's place, a Tome lied there.
Mirg
3rd Rank
3rd Rank

Fri May 01, 2015 11:22 pm

>As I felt the Liche's form fall, I broke engagement, blasting myself backwards using the Shaddow Aura around me to propel me backwards. To my surprise, the Liche remained where he was, or at least a ghost of himself, still momentarily casting his magic against us. In defense, I cause the Deathchill Aura and Shaddow Aura to condense into a sphere around both the monkey and I, so that as the Liche's last spell hit, the barrier around us would take a majority of the damage, if not all of it. Once the ghost of the Liche vanished, the barrier around us broke and vanished, though a bit of Shaddow still swirled around me. I then stepped towards the place where the Liche once stood, looked down at the tome that it dropped. I picked it up, then sat down to rest, meditate and read, wanting to learn the Study before I progressed onward. As for the monkey, I had him remained tethered under my control, figuring he would come in useful once I started out again.<

Return to “Crystal Lake”