USe the link https://kwandrivia.net/ from now on, the old one directs to errors and has issues, this is the new one.

You can now link your characters account to your main one. Use the drop down menu in the top right corner then go to profile, from there edit your profile, then go to Linked Accounts. Then begin adding from there. The dropdown menu in the top right is where you can find your linked accounts.

Dynamic Duo!: Umbrix and Elodie's Introduction

Like the rest of the city, all of the peoples homes are high in the branches of the trees hanging and spider-webbing cross the canopy of the Zen City. Each home is of similar size and each one is made of woven vines that have been grown into these hanging homes for hundreds of years. Each home is passed from generation to generation or simply given to a new owner when needed. The homes at the heart of the city are the oldest and each time new one is needed it must be grown.
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Dynamic Duo!: Umbrix and Elodie's Introduction

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:01 am

It was perhaps half past six. The thick canopy around Zen City effectively gave the civilization an early sunset, thus the lamps in the wood-vine houses along the massive trees lit the city in a gentle glow. Most people were retiring into their homes. With the daylight gone, so did much of the activity in Zen City, though that didn't they had nothing to do inside of their homes. In fact, among one of the trees upon the walkway, a dark haired young girl stood in front of an doorway. She was dressed so properly, her bell shaped dress designed with a mixture of blacks and whites. Her hand gripped the smoothly curved end of a parasol, the head of it pointed downwards as she leaned forward to peer inside of the building. It was clearly an abandoned hut, one with a dilapidated far wall and a leaky roof and one may find themselves wondering what a pretty young girl would be doing at dusk, looking inside of an abandoned building.

"Umbrix...!"

A sharp whisper came between her teeth and she once again paused to listen. Nothing? Where could he have gone? They were in the marketplace when he just...straightening her back again, the young lady turned around to go back home...
Umbrix
6th Rank
6th Rank

Re: Dynamic Duo!: Umbrix and Elodie's Introduction

Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:41 am

...and her nose bumped right into my stomach. The soft impact hadn't done anything terrible to me, but had my little sister be any bulkier, she possibly would have knocked off the platform with how quickly she turned. I towered above her short height in my cloak of black, deciding first to pull back the hood to reveal my face. I had made sure that no one was around to see me, in particular, my lack of long ears.

Primarily, most people notice my expression, or lack of it. If someone could put a finger on it, they would probably considered it stern. Regardless, it had always been an issue for me. People never knew what I was thinking or thought I was so serious all the time even if it wasn't true...I was just born this way, I suppose. With a stern looking face. I didn't speak to too many people back at the Sandbar Shallows, where I was born and came from. The Shallows are south of Zen City, next to the Drestreds Sea.

People probably could guess I was related to Elodie if they looked at our hair: both of our locks are dark, dark as night and full. Our bodies both slender and graceful looking. But our eyes are where we differ. Mine a slate gray, boring like a rock, but Elodie's are a bright crimson, like freshly spilt blood. Though hidden in her hair and headdress, Elodie's ears were long like the people of this city, thus she needed not sneak around like I do, avoiding people or at least trying to hide the roundness of my ears.

Slowly I raised a hand and placed it on my little sister's head...and gently pet her hair.

"Elodie. I was looking for you."
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:08 pm

Pet pet pet. Pet pet. Elodie stood still with an angry look for a bit before bursting uncontrollably and ungracefully, catching her brother's hand in her mouth and gnawing comically. She hated being treated like a child, even if she was twelve years younger. Under his hand, she mumbled,

"Yooff gha schoooo mooh nerf (You've got soooo much nerve)!!"

She let go after enough of drooling on Umbrix's hand. Elodie's red cheeks puffed up and her lips twisted into a pout. Her eyes glared intently at him as she rubbed her nose that had bumped into him.

"I was looking for you! Disappearing from the market like that all of a sudden! The worst could have happened and I wouldn't even know!"

Earlier in the day, the two had decided to go to the market to buy some things when Umbrix had unexpectedly vanished. In a frenzy, Elodie had looked everywhere for him before her last stop being here in front of his temporary home. Regardless, she was content he was safe. Worse could have happened, like the high elves finding out he was human and wasn't registered as a guest. He'd be in huge trouble then...if he didn't make a quick escape that was. Elodie gave a soft 'hmph' and entered the open doored building. Standing out there any longer would probably cause some suspicion and not only this, the patrol still wandered the walkways with lit torches. Though the hut was shabby, it was warmer than outside. The canopy of vines and leaves that surrounded the city cast a cold shadow, so the city grew much colder than the day. The girl looked around for a clean place to sit, but when she found none, she decided against it and just cleared her throat.

"So, from what I hear, you are planning on leaving soon, brother?"
Umbrix
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:53 am

A delayed reaction came to me. Elodie always surprised him: mature one moment and suddenly a burst of childishness the next. I shook my hand a little as she bit it, feeling the saliva run along the inside of my palm...gross...she tried to say something incomprehensible as she was gnawing, but I didn't understand her so I tried to say something that sounded remotely distraught.

"Urgh...Elodie, sorry."

I watched her pout for a little bit, looking behind us to see if there were any guards watching. Good thing there weren't...even if I could disappear into shadows, it didn't mean it wasn't trouble for Elodie, whose clothing made her...less than subtle. I took a few glances backwards before following her into the hut, waving away a vine across the doorway. Elodie seemed to look around before deciding to stand up, but I sat down quietly in the spot I slept in last night, a slightly brushed area. It was unfortunate I couldn't sleep in Elodie's home, but it was expected considering my race. None of us wanted to take the chance on the servants keeping a secret. It didn't bother me too much though...I was used to sleeping in uncomfortable places by now.

Elodie asked her question, my eyes downcasted. After a while, I nodded, I was planning on leaving soon, yes. A little before I left, mother had told me of a her friend, Elodie's mother, another woman who seemed to have also been seduced by my father. Though they lived rather far apart, they always managed to send an eagle to each other to keep up with the other's life. It was sweet, since mother had many clients, but not many friends.

"I plan on leaving tomorrow during sunrise. The shadows will keep me safe then."

I was only supposed to stay in Zen City for a few days, but it ended up becoming a whole month. That was okay...though I wouldn't admit it, I enjoyed being with my little sister. I always wanted a sibling when I was younger...
NPC

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:47 pm

♥As the sibling's conversation continued on, activity further in the hut remained at a low. Water dripped from the ceiling in the far corner, slowly falling onto the ground below, where a small puddle was forming. As Umbrix took a seat on the floor, there would be a very soft, almost unnoticeable sound. It was somewhere between a moan and a wail, easily confused, perhaps, with a squeaky floorboard.....If there was any that is...and if the noise had actually come from below Umbrix. On the contrary, the floor was grown from pure, still living wood from the tree on which the hut rested. And the noise, if listened to very closely, came from the corner where the puddle was forming rather than where Umbrix sat.

The duration of the noise was small, again adding to the chance it went unnoticed, however...it was not the only time that it echoed out. The noise resounded again a second time, this time a few moments after Umbrix finished his statement of response to his sister, Elodie. Nothing else moved in the hut, or outside it for that matter....all else was silent and still...except for that continued, slow dripping...♥
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:40 am

"Tomorrow..."

Elodie thought, suppressing a wince. That was much closer than she thought he would leave. Honestly, she had thought he would leave sooner, but he had ended up staying much longer than she originally thought. Not that she was complaining. Both she and her mother thought he was fascinating, seeing as he was so far away and was so very different from them.

So how was she going to explain to her mother the stunt she was going to pull now? It wasn't going to go well with her more than likely. She'll tell her that she wasn't ready. Elodie is a child. Elodie can't even fly yet. She hasn't sprouted her wings. Of course she'll mention that her parlor tricks (only the useless ones that Elodie chose to show her herself) wasn't going to keep her afloat forever. Though her mother looked serene and so kind on the outside, she was rather surprisingly strict, which had Elodie locked up in that house, most of the time because of her own decision to be locked up. But the reason for this was that her mother had scared her into thinking that the outside world would make her destined to fail. Over time she managed to meet people, good people, who traveled Kwandrivia. Most loved it and so Elodie's set-in-stone heart moved. And now her half-brother was here, she was no longer on the fence.

"I want to come with you!"

The girl blurted out to him, pausing to look at him with wide crimson eyes in fear of his reaction and heavy anticipation of what that reaction would be in the first place.
Umbrix
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:49 am

After I spoke, I heard it; the low sound of groaning underneath me. It wasn't the first time I noticed, but I figured it may have just been because of the extra weight the shack had for the first time (not to say Elodie was fat or anything...ahem...); outside of the shack, Elodie had never come in till now. She looked as if she was contemplating something, so I took the time to look around. The leaking roof. Everytime I would come to this makeshift home, I would always manipulate the water and have it pool elsewhere, but today Elodie's arrival had surprised me.

I raise by hand to manipulate the water elsewhere, right as she mentioned she wanted to go with me... this probably got Elodie's attention. Though my hand lifted, I did not active any of my magic yet...no, perhaps waiting it out would be better idea. I wanted to see what exactly was making those noises and by doing so I decided to...do nothing. I looked at her, my lips wordless as I just waited, hoping she would too.
NPC

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 pm

♥As Umbrix's hand rose, nothing happened to the water...not immediately anyways. The water continued to drip and everything else remained silent. However, if the pair waited for a few more moments, the soft moan/wail echoed out again, just a tiny bit louder than the last time. At the same time, the drips from the water began to slow, drip by drip, until one of the drips "froze" halfway down to the puddle. Now, this was not to say that the water droplet turned to ice, no no, the water simply remained in a stasis like state, as though time had stopped completely. An eerie silence filled the hut and a chill bit the air around them, as though someone had flipped on a rapid state air conditioner. A strange glow pulsed from the puddle below the drop, very faint, but not unnoticeable in the ever increasing darkness. The glow remained, but did not take shape, rather staid, as though waiting for them to notice the change and draw nearer.♥
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:07 am

I let out a the beginning of a startled yelp and clutched the handle of my parasol harder against the back of my knuckles. Something was weird! I didn't like it! I gave a few glances over to my brother, who seemed more calm than he should've been. Was this some kind of intruder in Zen City? There was a lot of political debate I didn't really care about that I heard was going on between the other nations...was it some kind of spy coming to kill us now? I took a step back and was about to turn around to grab some guards when I stopped. Guards wouldn't be any good. Umbrix was with me, he would definitely get caught by them if I even peeped a word about the weird atmosphere going on. Standing up straight again, I watched Umbrix to see if he was going to do anything while preparing to activate Gamble if need be.
Umbrix
6th Rank
6th Rank

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:04 am

He paused for a second, staying calm and focusing on the glow at the bottom of the water. Of course he knew it was there. Water was water and if something weird was going on with it, even if he couldn't identify what it was, you would bet that he would be able to sense it. His fingers slowly removed the clasp that kept his cloak together and as he stood up it fell off of his shoulders; it was better movement if he didn't have any extra weight. His hand finally twitched a little and the puddle water would feel a strong pull in Umbrix's direction. His other hand uncorked a large empty vial at his front belt. If he wanted to know what was going on, he would have to observe it closer and in his own territory. The vial itself was coated with heavy, resistant glass to keep the liquid within it contained. Even if he wanted to store acid in there, he could.
NPC

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:00 pm

♥As the water was pulled in Umbrix's direction the glow remained where it was, emanating from the floor, rather from the water now. However, the glow did change dramatically as the water was pulled away, growing up and outwards from the floor in a human shape: a small girl. The glow faded a little once she was fully formed, making her appear as the pale specter that she was. Her face was downcast and sad, the water droplet that had been "frozen" in place, which was also not pulled towards Umbrix, fit perfectly on her cheek just below one of her eyes: a tear drop. She remained like this for quite a long duration, perhaps not noticing that she had been revealed...or perhaps just waiting for the shock to set in for the pair that stood before her. Once those moments passed, she looked slowly up at them, her eyes filled with more unshed tears, tears that were forever locked in her eyes, by death. Her mouth opened, but no words formed, only the same soft yet eerie wail/moan that was heard the earlier times before. She continued stared at them, mournfully, waiting to see what they would do.♥
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:50 am

As I watched the puddle move slowly to Umbrix, I was a little surprised and jumped back a little. I had completely forgotten that he was able to manipulate water...he had shown me a month ago and only once. Naturally he didn't want to use it in public or really anywhere in Zen City...it would be way too suspicious, since the only people who could manipulate water had green wings. I reminded myself that Umbrix would occasionally mention that he would visit Lake Triumph to 'not be out of touch'.

When seeing that the floor still glowed, I scampered over to my brother. My face tried to turn brave, standing next to him instead of behind him. When the girl emerged from the glowing spot, I gave a little squeak, but nothing more! I...I wasn't going to be a coward... I looked at the girl and started to feel a little sorry for her. She looked like she was crying. I cleared my throat, positive that I wanted to talk to this phantasm first. I conjured the sweet voice I could.

"Ahem...um...Miss? What's wrong?"
Umbrix
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:33 am

A brief sigh of relief washed over Umbrix as he felt his sister take charge. It wasn’t that he wouldn’t have done anything, just that he never knew how to really start a conversation. Many called his attempts as rather awkward and unnerving and at the moment those very emotions would be terrible spread. The glowing girl didn’t surprise him...he had seen more surprising things. Whatever phantom this was, he wanted to make sure that it was hostile. He had battled ghosts before, but he wasn’t too sure if it would be affected by any of their abilities; afterall, all phantasms had their own respected weaknesses.

It took a while for the water to fully come to him and full up the empty vial on his belt. At this point, Umbrix wasn’t sure if he would find anything unusual in that vial and in fact was afraid he was going to be disappointed to find it to just be a vial of murky, dirty water from Zen City (he’d have to rinse the vial thoroughly then…). He could use dirty water, but it always made him feel the same way the water felt...dirty as well. So Umbrix used clean water to practice and fight with. It was always nice to be stocked up, which is one of the reasons why he often went to Lake Triumph. Normal water was fine to work with, but pure water made everything all the better.
NPC

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:55 pm

♥Another soft moan escaped the ghost girl, as she pressed two fingers against her lips, then lifted her chin up, to reveal a gaping gash across her throat, no doubt the same wound that ended her life and wasn't allowing her to communicate. However, the girl didn't stop there. After revealing the wound, she turned and put one of her hands through the wall to her right, as though reaching for something. A second later, she must have found it, for there was the sound of grinding gears and metal surfaces sliding against one another. A few moments of these noises, and a section of the floor suddenly slid open next to her...and under it, a tunnel, one whose path stretched on down through the tree and no doubt further underground. The tunnel was clouded with darkness however, though that didn't seem to concern her too much. She pointed towards the opening, letting one more soft moan out again.♥
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 am

"Ergh..."

I left out a cringe as the young ghost girl showed what ended her life. Ouch. That must have been really awful......eh?? Did she just grab into the wall?! I watched carefully, starting to came closer to clutch Umbrix's sleeve, the poofiness of my dress veiling over his comfortably fitted garments. As the gear in the wall gave the sound of turning, my eyes widened. There was a passage down into the tree... There was something amiss?! Did she have to come to the rescue? This poor young child relied on me?

I let myself shine for a little before starting to remember that I had absolutely no idea about this passage. I was born and raised here in Zen City and never had I seen something like this. I was quite positive that the tree was solid. I looked at my brother and I had suspected he had a deadpan expression. Did he ever get surprised by anything???

"We should help the child, Umbrix!"

Return to “Hanging Homes”