USe the link https://kwandrivia.net/ from now on, the old one directs to errors and has issues, this is the new one.

You can now link your characters account to your main one. Use the drop down menu in the top right corner then go to profile, from there edit your profile, then go to Linked Accounts. Then begin adding from there. The dropdown menu in the top right is where you can find your linked accounts.

Fetch the News!

Fortress Peaks Chromium Badge is up for grabs, you'll just have to bust down the STEEL doors to get there first.
NPC

Fetch the News!

Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:30 am

"Where's the paper!" a voice yelled from the rear of the Helmania Pokemon Centre.

From the back a head poked out, it was a young girl wearing a pink and white nurse outfit. The Pokemon centre was far different from the city that was outside the doors. Unlike the rusty, steel outside, the pokemon centre was more refined with paint and less visible seems and bolting. It showed money was out into the place, and more money to keep it maintained. The exterior of the pokmon centre was also painted, something not usually seen outside the rich districts of town. This made it stand out like a sore thumb, making it easily visible from various places.

"I thought you were getting it" another nurse would say.

"Now there's now news on the new board!" the nurse poking her head out from the back would say.

"Were far to busy with Baby Pokemon to worry about the newspaper" the nurse at the counter would say.

A loud whistle would be heard signalling another pokemon was born. It was indeed apparent that someone was needed to fetch the news.
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Re: Fetch the News!

Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:09 am

*I would walk into the poke center, having decided to take up a mission that was posted for here. The best thing about it was that I needed my pokemon healed!! I walked up to the poke center desk, looking around at the place, and looking for the nurse that could help me heal my pokemon.*

Hello? Anyone here...?

*I asked, holding my two pokemon inside their pokeballs in my hand, and holding them in front of me. I waited by the desk, hoping someone would have heard me and would come out.*
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:51 am

It was rather early in the morning, so I didn't expect many people to be coming into the Pokemon Centre. To be honest, I had not slept last night, too excited to understand my new Pokemon, Briar the Honedge, who floated around me, looking around with curiosity and intrigue. I had named him after the flowers that had surrounded my old home, roses with long, sharp thorns. I had always thought the briars would keep me safe from attackers when I was in my most vulnerable position: sleeping. But I didn't think that my guardian would be the type to, at times, stare uncomfortably at something he was interested in. Or, with a sharp clang of the scabbard and sword on the ground, play dead. What a strange guy.

Regardless, I figured we could do some bonding together. So after some plumping of my petticoat, choosing the right dress (a beautiful dark red that nearly looked like velvet with dark gold trim and accents) and curling my hair into large ringlettes, we both headed to where we stood now...

"Miss...ion?"

The board was empty. I stood in front of it, clearly disappointed, but tried hard not to show it. Pursing my lips, I held back a scowl just as I managed to hear the nurses shouting to each other. Someone had forgotten the paper?

"Maybe I should ask if they need someone to get it? Missions'll be first come first serve...aka...to me!"

I thought to myself mischievously. Biting my lower lip a little thinking I was way lucky to manage to be in time for this, I approached the desk and cleared my throat.

"Excuse me, it appears you need assistance?"
NPC

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:01 pm

When the two walked into the Pokemon Centre, a loud [Roar] would pierce through the entire building so loud the glass windows at the front would shake and any steam flowing within the building would be subject to sound-waves that slightly disrupted it. The nurse at the counter, instantly covered he ears blocking the sound of metal scraping metal with her small hands. She turned to face the doorway leading to the rear of the Pokemon Centre, she wanted to make sure people and pokemon were safe. A few seconds later she turned to the two, ears still covered as the Skarmoy's [Roar]s continued. She shook her head in an attempt to say hello, but not much else could be done.
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:27 am

*I nearly dropped both of my pokeballs when the [Roar] rang out. I quickly placed them on the counter in front of me and covered my ears with my hands. I could barely tolerate the sound, I wanted to run of the building...or start yelling myself in attempt to push back the noise. Across my skin, Hieroglyphs began racing back and forth in random directs all across my body. The animated tattoos became more and more agitated the longer that the sound lasted and I hoped that it would end soon. I noticed the girl who came in before, looking at the mission board to find nothing, then coming towards the counter near me. The lady behind the desk seemed to be just as affected by the [Roar], but see also acknowledged me, so I replied as well with a head nod, while then waiting for the [Roar] to end.*
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:18 am

After my question, a roar seemed to erupt from the back of the Pokemon centre. Briar floated backwards as I fell on her rump from the sudden loud.

"Ah!"

I sat there in the layers of my dress and clothing, blinking for a moment before covering my ears, scared that any more could possibly blow out my ear drums. I looked over at Briar, a little frantic.

"Good heavens...!(W-What the hell is this?!)"

I asked, a slight panic in my voice, hoping there wasn't anything dangerous. My Pokemon looked left, looked right and then make the sound he usually did, the sound of a blade being drawn. Ah yeah. I forgot. He doesn't have ears. He probably can't hear a thing ("Lucky punk...") But he seemed rather calm though, so I suppose there wasn't any danger. I got up, using Reinhardt as a cane (much to his displeasure) and approached the nurse who seemed to have acknowledge not only me, but also the man beside me. I looked at him and the first thing I could think of was that he definitely looked quiet. He couldn't have been much older than I, but maybe he thought I looked older ("and more mature, yes?!"). I just took that quick glance and looked away("staring is rude, don't you know?").
NPC

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:51 pm

The [Roar] would soon end, for now at least. This allowed the Nurse that would allow the Nurse that was going to help the two uncover her ears. She looked back then forwards again before speaking her usual lines.

"Welcome to our Pokémon Centre.
We can heal your Pokémon to perfect health.
Shall we heal your Pokémon?" the Nurse spoke to Zhanytos

Another person, this time the Starter Master, a tall grey haired man dressed in purple attire that didn't fit any of the known nations would emerge from the rear of the Centre.

"If you're looking for the news board, there isn't any posted yet. Oh and sorry for the loud Skarmory, she's a very fussy one." the Starter Master would say.

As the Centre quieted down from the [Roar], the sound of steam and machinery could be heard, it filed the air now, but it wasn't loud nor piercing, just an ambiance.
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:18 pm

*Once the [Roar] ended, I stood up straight again, uncovering my ears and picking up my two pokeballs from the counter where I had set them. I held them towards the Nurse, smiling, glad that she had offered.*

Yes, please...just these two. Also, I'm here about a mission, something about fetching the newspaper...?"

*I asked, repeating what I had seen posted before coming here, wondering if the mission was still open. I waited then, patiently for the Nurse to heal my pokemon and for a reply about the mission.*
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:52 am

"A-Ah..."

I stared at the nurse, the Starter Master and the mysterious dude, awe struck. Did he just get the mission that...I asked for first?! My cheeks reddened and puffed up and my lips squeezed into a pout. I couldn't hold it this time and I looked over to my Pokemon for backup. Briar was there not even caring, looking around aimlessly around the Pokecenter. He floated over to the empty mission board and butted it with his sword handle curiously, watching the board swing a little as it did. He gave a chirp, interested. Argh! What a weirdo!

"AHEM!"

I cleared my throat loudly and concentrated on trying to keep a calm voice. Be good, Elodie. Be a good girl. A polite one. A mature one!

"E-Excuse me, b-b-but I asked about the newspaper, first y-ya know!"
NPC

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:44 pm

The nurse would take the Pokeball's from Zhanytos and place them into the steam filled tubes that would be used to heal them. She would begin pressing buttons while the Starter Master spoke.

"Now now, you'll both have your chance... In a race, since we only need one copy of today's news" the Starter Master would say.

Suddenly, a jingle would fill the Pokemon Centre signalling the Pokemon had been healed. The nurse would take the pokeballs from the steam filed tube and hand them back to Zhanytos.

"Next time the Skarmory cries, is when the race will begin, oh and there's a small rewards for the one who wins" the Starter Master would say.

(Skarmory will cry during the Starter Master's next post.)
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:11 am

*I took my pokeballs back, attaching them to my belt, before turning towards the girl near me, also wanting the mission. I braced myself for a fight, before the Starter Master made a suggestion, a race to who could get the paper first. I smiled, turning towards the girl, and speaking with her, quickly, in case that pokemon began screeching again.*

That sounds fair to me, if you would agree, Miss....

*I spoke humbly to the girl, always having had respect for women. I turned my body towards the door after speaking, readying myself for whenever the pokemon would screech, on hand reaching up to the spear that hung across my back, ready to spring into action, so to speak. I kept my eyes on the girl though, waiting for a reply.*
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Taking a step back, I bit my lip with some nervousness. I couldn't believe what I was hearing... A race? I wasn't prepared for this. For just a bunch of paper? I frowned, eyes shifting to the floor for a moment. Maybe I should do it, I mean who knows, it may be fun? W-What kind of lady denies a challenge? I pulled off one of the Pokeballs off my belt and held it out, Briar letting out a resounding cry before returning back to his Pokeball. Clipping it back onto the belt across my waist, I turned to the man with a determined expression.

"S-Sure. I'll race you!"

I say and turn to the doorway, almost haughtily. My hands patted down my dress and got into position next to him. I'll be honest...not a great runner...which is why my thumb on my right hand pressed firmly against my middle finger, preparing a "Gamble" when the next Skarmory cry would come.
NPC

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:06 pm

Just as the Honedge let that cry out, the Skarmory in the rear of the Centre let out a massive [Roar]. the Race was officially on, as well as the Starter Masters job of calming the Steel/Flying type pokemon down.
Zhanytos
6th Rank
6th Rank

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:27 am

*As soon as the Skarmory's [Roar] rang out, the hieroglyphs across my skin started working again, moving across my skin in seemingly random directions. However, this time, they began flowing together, and soon had created a larger pulsing hieroglyph on the back of my hand. It seemed my Chaos Copy ability had begun working. However, I had no time to think about such things, the hieroglyphs could work on their own, I needed to concentrate. Once the [Roar] rang out, I shot forward, dashing through the doors and once through, pulled my Naginata from off my back. I started off down the street, running past businesses, keeping my eyes peeled for the news-stand or store that might carry such a newspaper. Knowing the streets might be crowded, and if they were, I would use my Naginata to pole vault myself onto a nearby roof, and begin jumping from roof to roof, still searching. I had had much experience with such movement from all the time I spent in cities, living in the streets. Fortress Peak, despite being a little different as far as technology goes, wasn't much different otherwise from most cities, thus I should have the advantage of speed and guile. I continued searching around, flying across roof tops and pipelines alike, searching and searching for the newspaper.*
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:56 am

As the Skarmory gave a loud [Roar], I was prepared for this time and slid my thumb across my fingers. A opaque card manifested itself between them, shining a bright white...when I turned my [Gamble]'d card over to see what I drew, it grew solid...

"AN AWFUL DRAW!"

I shouted as the card faded away. Zhanytos had already gone by now, so I held out Reinhardt. With the tip, I drew a triangle in the doorway from the floor to the top of the doors. The moment it was completed, the inner triangle crackled with electricity and as I ran through, my body suddenly charged with electricity. My regular movement suddenly seemed much faster. My body sped quickly to try to keep up with Zhanytos, though it was difficult since...

"I have no idea where I'm going...!"

I said to myself while in my temporary, electric powered speed boost. I gotten down one street, then skid to a stop at a corner next to a middle-aged woman, turned quickly to look at her, my dress spinning rapidly in place from the torque. The woman backed up and nearly dropped her shopping bags, eyebrows shooting straight up, shocked (ha-ha) that I suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Excuse me, ma'am..."

I barely breathed, my shoes still having sparks. They would fade soon, but I needed to know this answer or else...well. I was screwed, frankly. I had rather just ask someone local than go on a wild goose chase.

"Where...Where's the nearest newspaper stand???"

Return to “Helms Pokemon Gym”