USe the link https://kwandrivia.net/ from now on, the old one directs to errors and has issues, this is the new one.

You can now link your characters account to your main one. Use the drop down menu in the top right corner then go to profile, from there edit your profile, then go to Linked Accounts. Then begin adding from there. The dropdown menu in the top right is where you can find your linked accounts.

Obtaining a Starter at Fortress Peak

Fortress Peaks Chromium Badge is up for grabs, you'll just have to bust down the STEEL doors to get there first.
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Obtaining a Starter at Fortress Peak

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:35 pm

"Whoa..."

A steam based package carrier passed me by on railings and I tipped the edge of Reinhardt to watch it pass. How fascinating--

HONK HONK!!!

A rather even comical honking of a car and rapid gestures of the driver showed he wanted me to hurry. He leaned out of what looked like a window in his metal vehicle.

"Get out of the road, ya crazy girl!"

I gave him a pouting, stubborn expression. The nerve! He could be more polite about it!how did this kind of world work anyway?! It was so different from the Order. I jumped out of the way and onto what looked like a road which everyone else was walking upon (sidewalk), holding the end of Reinhardt tightly. The car passed me by, glaring what looked to be daggers at me. I sighed, holding Reinhardt closer to me as it blocked off the rain. The gentle pitter-patters echoed from the inside of him, prompting me to look up at. The cat face that usually is on the outside was now safe inside and looking at me with a lazy expression.

"Are you sure that it's close by...? It's hard to see in this fog."

I say to the cat and he just looks left lazily. I sigh, following his direction and actually managed to find my destination: a Pokecenter! I jump a little with glee, but clear my throat and smooth down my dress as I realized such behavior is not lady-like. Stepping in front of the double doors, I flinched to see that they opened by themselves. Such a new world...I've never been to such a fascinating, but rather surprising place. I stepped inside, closing Reinhardt (manners, afterall) and stood at the doorway in curiosity. People who looked to be trainers glanced to see if I was a familiar face and, seeing that I wasn't, looked away. The double doors snapped closed behind me and my back seized up in surprise. I blinked several times, trying to take it all in.

"What are those machines? Those Pokemon are so cute...they're called Pokemon right? I saw them back at the Order too and read up on them. There's so many, I don't know which one that one is...gah what do I do, where do I go?! HOW DO I GET ONE?!"

Elodie seemed to have froze in place having an internal meltdown.
NPC

Re: Obtaining a Starter at Fortress Peak

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Inside, the Pokemon Centre seemed rather different than the rusty, metallic landscape and city the was just outside the doors. The Pokemon Centre here was painted, something not usually seen within the Helm Islands unless one was rich, but non the less the white paint made the centre stand out like a sore thumb, making it easily visible. Upon entering some trainers would turn to the newcomer, some would greet her with waves others would point to their belts as if wanting a battle. Most of them indeed looked away after noticing she didn't have any Pokemon with her.

A counter was across from the entrance to the Centre making it the first thing anyone who came in saw, behind it was a very enthusiastic pink haired female.

"Welcome to our Pokémon Centre.
We can heal your Pokémon to perfect health.
Shall we heal your Pokémon?" the Nurse would call out
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:09 pm

The pink haired female shocked me out of my own thoughts and I stuttered...

"N-No thank you, I was just..."

Ah, got to choose my words carefully...how do I say this...I cleared my throat, looking down a bit shyly and hiding behind my giant curls, rather uncharacteristic of me. It was...definitely because I'm not in my element, that's all! I nervously finished my sentence in barely a whisper.

"I was hoping to get a Pokemon actually..."
NPC

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:14 am

After Elodie asked for a Pokemon, the nurse at the counter would press a small button, the button would wind up for a moment before a chirping steam whistle sounded. It didn't take long after that for an old looking martial artist to come out from behind a steaming sliding door.

"No need to be shy miss, you must be looking for a starter, if so, this is the right place, and I'm the person you need to talk to" the Starter Master would say looking at Elodie.

In his hand was a towel and a pad of paper attached to a bronze coloured piece of metal.
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:26 am

"Ooh!"

I couldn't hide my vast curiosity as the man seemed to appear out of no where. He seemed so mysterious! And his dress...his clothing looked exotic. I blinked, trying to take it all in for a moment before speaking.

"Yes...I'd like a starter. Something strong as steel, like your city."
NPC

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:36 pm

"I can do just that" the Starter Master would say reaching behind the counter to press a button. as he did, gears would begin to move and steam could be heard whistling from the rear of the PokemonCentre. Soon, a hole in the desk would slide open and all the pokeballs containing each Steel Type Start would pop up and roll down a small indented shaft in the desk until they stopped there they would rotate until each was facing Elodie.

Not a second later small card made of glass and bronze would pop up behind each ball telling Elodie what each pokemon was called and what some of thier basic information was. After that 5 Empty, compact balls would pop up and roll down the shaft.

"If youde like a belt or pouch we have those too" the Start Master would say.
Elodie
6th Rank
6th Rank

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 am

Whoa...I thought as the whole theatrics happened in front of me. This city was no joke in the effects department. I paced in front of the pokeballs that sat on the desk, reading a little about one and then reading a little about another. The one that looked like a magnet was cute...oh, but this one's a little gear! Adorable. However this one...was this even a Pokemon? Did this one count?

I walked over to one card, picking up the glass and bronze plated sheet to read more about the Pokemon within. This looked like just...a sword. Granted it looked gorgeous, almost like a legendary sword out of some fantasy tale. Do I wield it? I'm not a very good swordswoman. But it says it's a creature...? I found myself reaching for the round ball, both confused by the description and metal etching as well as how the Pokeball even worked. Grabbing it, however, ended up with my finger pressing the white button in the middle on accident and then...a flash! The sword appeared in front of my eyes...floating! Like a...

"Ghost...?"

I said quietly, the whisper barely a question. The moment I said those words, the brown circle at the guard of the sword opened to reveal a blue eye, a blue the color of a robin's egg, that it looked almost false. It flipped itself over, its sheathe popping out off to show a beautiful silver colored blade. The torn edge of the blue sash that attached to the end of the pommel gripped its sheathe like a hand. The floating weapon gave a sound that was metallic, as if one were sharpening a sword against honing steel and for a moment I felt intimidated, a bit of fear welled up in my little heart; I felt myself stop breathing. No, not fear...it was awe.

Turning to the master, I gave a slight curtsy, tilting the dripping Reinhardt out of the way so it would not wet my dress.

"I think I've chosen."

I thought for a moment, then smiled.

"This one's name is Ghost. Oh, I would definitely like a belt as well please."

I wandered over to the five Pokeballs that had rolled down to the shaft's pit, picking them up and examining them. It was the button that opened the chamber up, right? Looking up suddenly, I glanced over to Ghost who seemed to just be daydreaming on the other side of the desk. He had not moved from his spot since I summoned him.

"Ghost."

I called to him and the eye that seemed to have been wandered fixated upon me.

"Yes, you, that's your name now. Come here."

The blue eye stared for a moment, dropped its sheathe with a loud clank (startling other trainers around them) and floated over to her with a curious and attentive eye. Once again I found myself holding my breath, this time by its strange absentmindness. Ipointing over at the sheathe.

"You dropped it...I think you should keep it with you."

It turned its sword body, looking at the sheathe on the floor before giving a cry, the sound similar to first except sounding surprised or worried and, as if it were a human, it had left something behind on accident. It quickly floated over to where the metal sheathe was again. The blue sash, like a hand with a mind of its own, picked it up quickly and sheathed the body, making the blue eye look more menacing. The Pokemon returned back to me, its eye open and as attentive as it was before. I gave a chuckle, both fascinated and bemused by the Pokemon's rather quirky nature.

Return to “Helms Pokemon Gym”