You can now link your characters account to your main one. Use the drop down menu in the top right corner then go to profile, from there edit your profile, then go to Linked Accounts. Then begin adding from there. The dropdown menu in the top right is where you can find your linked accounts.

Sirus's Search for Study Tomes: Stage 1

All around Fortress Peak are living trees of metal which seem to grow like any normal tree. The bark of these trees is rusty making it appear brown and red giving it a normal tree-link colour. The leafs of these trees are heavy and when they fall things below them are often impaled. The people of Fortress Peak harvest these metal trees and leaves and turn them into weapons and housing and material. The wildlife here has adapted to have very dense armour to remain safe from the leaves.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Sirus's Search for Study Tomes: Stage 1

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:49 am

*A portal would open upon the beaches of the Healm, and I would walk through. Egon was strapped to my back and my pokeballs hung from my belt at my side. Upon stepping onto the sand, I would simply stand still, getting a sense for the balance of nature on the island, as well as gathering myself for whatever trails were ahead. Once I had meditated for a while, I started off, walking across the beach and up towards where the forest of metal trees began, beginning my search for the tomes.*
NPC

Re: Sirus's Search for Study Tomes: Stage 1

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:51 pm

As he entered the forest, things would look normal at first, but tree by tree things changed, it started out natural, but soon turned to a steel chrome colour. Trees, the foliage, the leaves, they all took on a grey hue of sorts with thier bark being a shimmering chrome. It was alien, but not to the people who lived on this island where the trees grew. It was the ChromiumBark Coppice, the forest of metal trees.

Sounds could be heard through the forest, metal ones, clinging, clangs and grinding. Ahead of Sirus was a path, one of stone and dirt, dirt and stone were among the only things that grew here that weren't metal. Even the small streams that flowed through were filled with metal particles, ones that gave them a rust red colour. On the path were two Dwarves in a steam wagon.

The dwarves upon seeing the outsider would look at him as he came out of the forest.

"It's dangerous in there, how'd you make it through without a party?" the one driving would yell out over the sound of the steam engine.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:34 pm

*As I continued on through the forest, I walked slower and slower, taking in the changes of foliage that stood out all around me. Metal trees...growing! I thought it quite peculiar, so much so that eventually I came to a stop near a larger of the trees, reaching out a hand to stroke the metallic bark. It was cool to the touch, yet even I as made contact with it, I could feel the life-essence pulsing through it...the heartbeat of nature. Egon's mind stirred to touch my own, speaking.*

Egon: Very interesting...This species is closely related to one of the elemental trees of our clan...perhaps you should collect some samples to experiment with later, they may be of great use to us....

*I nodded without responding, placing a flattened palm against the trunk of the tree, tapping into the pulsing nature energy that flowed through it. A few moments later, I took my hand away, as a thick branch grew quickly out from where my hand once was. Once the branch formed, it quickly sprouted a thick, metallic flower, which then quickly transformed into a fruit, through my manipulation. I picked the fruit, stowing it away for later, when I would have more time to harvest the valuable seeds inside. I then grafted off a piece of the branch, no longer than a small stave, which I tucked into my belt. I then turned away, and continued on my way. Eventually I came upon the path, and followed the sounds of the workers and the sight of the steam coming from their machines. Wondering what they were doing, I drew closer, straining to hear what they called out over the noise of the engines. I frowned after I understood the dwarf's question, not sure why the forest would be dangerous.*

I am no stranger to forests, friend! If you please, could you point me in the direction of the mines...? I'm searching for them and am unsure of the way...

*I called back, still a bit confused, but deciding to move past it, wanting to stay on task with getting the tomes I was supposed to be collecting. I waited patiently a few dozen paces away from the dwarves, not wanting to get in their way. Egon remain disguised as a bokken across my back and my two pokemon remained in their pokeballs, which were securely strapped to my belt, waiting with excitement for their release.*
NPC

Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:24 pm

The Dwarves just kept driving, they just wanted to warn Sirus of the area, and then wanted to get out themselves, no one wanted to stay here for too long. They did however give Sirus a response.

"Were headed there if you want to follow, we aren't stopping however, this Steam Wagon makes no stops in the Coppice" the Dwarf would say looking around to make sure nothing ambushed the Wagon.

To his side, was a single long barrel flintlock rifle and long pickaxe. Other than that, the driver and passenger had no weapons on hand. The Driver however did turn for a moment to see what the Sirus looked like before turning his eyes to the road again.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:04 pm

*I hesitated a moment, wondering if I should follow them, then a second later shot towards then in a sprint, using a bit of Wind Natura to cause a small blast of air to aid my leap once I came near the wagon. Once I landed on the back, I knelt down, nodding towards the two dwarves.*

Thanks for the ride~!

*I gave them a cheery smile, before turning and looking at the edges of the road, admiring the tall trees and metallic foliage around us. I still couldn't understand what they were so afraid of, or what could be so dangerous they wouldn't stop their vehicle. And speaking of it, my eyes also examined the steam wagon I was now riding on, intrigued by it. Very seldom did I live a life surrounded by any sort of technology, so anything that I encountered peaked my interest. It was fascinating how people came up with such inventions, how they twisted the elements together in such fashions...how heated water now drove metal. I was lost in my musings at this point that I didn't bother to make conversation with the dwarves...though I was completely open to it should they start.*
Environment

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:09 am

The wagon would chug along with Sirus aboard, just as it had when he wasnt, it would continue like this for a few hours before they reached the other side of the island. Upon reaching the other side of the island, the road would open up to a view of the ocean and a long bridge, dwarven in construction that lead to another island. On both the portion of the island they were on and the island across the bridge, the landscape would be barren, very mountain-like. Like the area with the metal trees, these hills were also made of metal, with stone, dirt, some vegetation and other natural things throughout. Across the way, Dirigibles and traffic could be seen coming in and out of an enormous opening in the side of a massive metal spire. This was the destination, the mines. The Steam Wagon would begin chugging across the old bridge, heading for the mouth of the beastly mine. Image
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:28 pm

*I remained on the wagon as we crossed the island and moved on to the next towards the mine, taking in the scenery while riding silently. As we began across the bridge, I turned my eyes to the mouth of the mine directly, studying it. I sensed a large amount of people here, mostly dwarves. I was surprised by this, as I wasn't expecting there to be too many people, if any at all, where I was going. I guess I had the stereotypical "abandoned mine" image stuck in my head. I wasn't sure if I was relieved by this news either, as more people might mean that my search would take longer and if there was any dangers present, I would have to be careful of the other people around. At the same time, it might be good because I might be able to get help with finding what I was looking for. Certainly there would be people here who knew the mine better than I did. I remained silent while continuing to ride, waiting for the wagon to arrive at the mines themselves.*
NPC

Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:12 am

As the Steam Wagon rolled across the bridge, that is where the hard stone road would end, now it was gravel and dirt, with rough looking terrain ahead that lead to the cavern. The moment the Steam Wagon passed from the hard stone bridge to the rougher material, the entire thing would begin to bump up and down. Luckily, the seats on the cabin had springs, but where Sirus on the rear wasn't so lucky.

"Hols onto your gear!" the passenger on the Wagon would shout back to Sirus over top the sound of the wheels driving over the rough terrain and everything on the Steam Wagon rattling up and down.

As the wagon drove further towards the cavern, it would pass through a small town, this was where the miner lived, it was a dusty, damp town with tone of storehouses and smokestacks, it had a main street and dozens of smaller ones. As they drove through this on thier way towards the cavernous mines another Steam Wagon with a cage would roll by them. On the rear, inside the cage was a baby dragon, it's mouth closed shut by leather straps to prevent it from unleashing some sort of chaos on the driver or passersbyers.

"Oh a dragon" the Driver would say

"Must be from the mines" the passenger would say.

Soon the Steam Wagon would be through the town, but after this, it was directly towards the Mines.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:15 pm

*I continued to ride in silence, my eyes still turned upon the mines. With the advent of the bumpier roads, I hunkered down while causing small roots to grow out from my hands and legs, and down through small gaps in parts of the wagon nearest me, helping to secure me down and hopefully not jostle me as much. The ride still bumpy still, and I felt myself get a bit woozy from the trip, like a mild motion sickness, as I had never ridden in a vehicle before. Once we entered the town, I had more things to look at, which helped to distract from the wooziness and the bumpy road. Upon passing the dragon, I turned to look, my eyes following the creature with somber expression, and I continued to look after it until it disappeared from sight due to distance.*

How terrible....what are they doing to these poor creatures...?

*I asked aloud, more in wondering of my own musings than actually asking the question, though I said it loud enough perhaps for the dwarves to catch my words. Egon brushed my consciousness with his own in attempt to comfort, trying to get me to let go. I almost had a mind to jump off and attempt to rescue the beast, though I figured it would not do much good, and I would probably be arrested...not the best first impression after becoming a Shrew.*
NPC

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:39 am

The dwarves heard Sirus's inquiry, but didn't know, not that they didn't care, they just didn't know, it wasn't a miners business. They did know one ting though.

"All I know is that people are hired often to come remove beasts who try and claim the Mines as thier home, that dragon must be one of them." the Driver would say.

"Oh, perhaps youre one of those hired to clean something bad out of the mines." the Passenger would say.

The driver continued to drive, heading straight towards a large gate which kept the mine protected, and closed off from unwanted outsiders, and ground based beasts. It was probably while it was more common that a winged beast such as a dragon be seen inside. As the wagon pulled up to the Gate, the vehicle would come to a complete stop, it was an inspection gate. At the gate was a human, or human looking fellow, probably employed from Fortress Peak to watch the gate. Behind him were two more dwarves with pickaxes smoking large pipes. All 3 wore the same uniform, one that was common to the guards in this area.

"Alt the SteamWagon, tings gotta be inspected y'no" the human guard would say walking to the front of the Wagon.

"Just us two and a traveller, he must be here to help with the usual problems" the Driver would

"Spections a spection, tis the rulez" he would say gesturing towards the two Dwarves to move towards the vehicle.

That they would, the dwarves would begin circling the vehicle, checking it over, looking at Sirus' vines, poking them with the pickaxes, and general just wondering who this not so normal guy was.

As they did thier inspection, a massive explosion would sound off, followed by a very large sonic boom that caused all sound in the area to temporarily go away, but only for a second or two.
NPC

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:02 am

From where the Steam Wagon and Sirus was, all that could be seen if they looked towards the silent explosion would be pieces of Dwarven made wall being blasted upwards in a cone. Not a moment later, the source of the explosion would rush into the open area that was before the mine, where equipment, people, small shacks, and innocent workers were. Suddenly, screams would fill the air, and shortly after that, silence. Another shockwave of anti-sound filled the area, followed by the spray of red blood. Luckily, the Wagon was behind the gate, so the new comer and the dwarves weren't going to be bathed in red. After this, sound will fill the air again, and if one noticed closely, the blood would begin flowing back towards the source of the anti-sound. For now, everything was silent.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:38 pm

*I felt uneasy at the dwarves answer about the dragon and even more so when we were suddenly subjected to the searching. I quickly retracted the roots as the searchers came, suddenly self-conscious. Then the sudden sonic boom hit and I instinctively covered my ears, attempting to block the sound out. However, it passed as quickly as it came, though I sensed something was very wrong beyond the gate. I leaped from the wagon, landing in front of the gate, yet my eyes seeming to stare beyond it. The Druinglyff etched itself across my forehead, and through my feet, I connected myself to the earth, sending out small waves of energy to sense what was going on even a little into the mine itself. While sensing, I spoke.*

Allow me to pass, please....Something is wrong and I wish I help...
NPC

Fri May 01, 2015 6:49 pm

From behind the gate, after the screaming had stopped and silence befell the area, a humming would be heard. Then, after a second or two, silence befell the area again, the same anti-sound that happened before. Suddenly, the gate Sirus and the dwarves were behind would begin to glow. The glowing gate, would then, in silence, suddenly explode. Shrapnel, stone, energy from the blast would all be sent outwards from the inside of the gate, in a messy forceful but completely silent explosion. If Sirus would catch a glance of the source of the energy, it would be a man, floating just above the ground channelling energy from glyphs above his hands into a tome before him. There would be blood everywhere, spread across everything, but no signs of bodies. It was as if they exploded from the inside, like a popping balloon. The mage or whatever it was, knew Sirus was there, and wanted to deal with him now.

Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Fri May 01, 2015 8:25 pm

*Even as the gate began to glow, I threw myself in the opposite direction, an aura of wind wrapping itself around me and pushing me under the wagon just as the gate exploded. The Druinglyff allowed me to sense the nature of attacks, especially elemental ones, thus I had just a few moments of warning before the explosion. I pulled Egon from off my back and placed him on the ground beside me, deciding it was better to split up at this point, though I still wasn't sure about an attack plan. As soon as he touched the ground, Egon transformed into his plant tiger form, his eyes flashing in the direction of the mage.*

Egon: Distract him, I'll attempt to come from behind....

*I nodded, before rolling out from under the wagon again, one of my hands suddenly covered in an aura of green flames while the other glowed with orange light. As soon as I was out from under the wagon, I came to my knees and punched the ground with the hand covered in orange light, which the power of Lava natura was being focused. The moment my hand touched the stone, it liquefied, before emitting several burning cracks, which burst through the ground towards the mage's area, releasing heat and ash on their way. Upon entering the area where the mage was, the cracks widened and the lava burst out from them, unleashing a wave of lava in the mage's direction, attempting to blast him to the ground while burning him, and possibly caging him if the lava was allowed to cool. Smaller cracks branched out from the main ones, encircling the area where the mage was while building up energy and heat. Directly after unleashing the Lava cracks, I swiped my opposite hand across the ground in front of me, unleashing the Origin Flames in a wave. The Origin Flames rolled across the ground before coming to a halt almost exactly where the gate had been. Here, they sank into the ground and consumed the earth and stone below, transforming it into plant material. A moment later, and with some more of my energy, a thick wall of tangled branches and vines exploded out of the ground, forming a barrier between the mage and ourselves. I ran forward, flashing a look at the wagon drivers and inspectors.*

Stay here!!

*I shouted at them before leaping directly into the barrier I had just created and disappearing, assimilating into the wall, though for the time being not emerging out from it. Meanwhile, Egon had tunneled deep underground from where he was, moving towards the mage, though making sure to avoid the lava. He didn't move as fast, perhaps looking for an opening first.*
NPC

Sat May 02, 2015 11:11 am

As Sirus' lava and ash attack occured, the Mage would let it grow in power and get closer, that was the plan. As the attack moved, it would create sound, a lot of it. This sound would immedietly stop, and the attack would now becme completely silent for a split second. Right after the silence, just like before, a sonicboom-like force would be felt, but not heard. It was then, that Sirus' attack would explode upwards, violently, and silently. Within the explosion of what was now pebbles of cooled lava, the Mage could be seen generating a thin barrier of light, or photons, or something that would seem awfully familiar to someone like Sirus, had he spent enough time around it. It was also getting more clear that sound was what fuelled the Mage's attacks, and the louder something was, the more powerful it became. Now, as Sirus erected the wall of thorns, and shouted at that, the Mage would take this opportunity to convert that sound into explosive power, and it was about to go boom right in front of Sirus and the Dwarves. It was sound too, and that was fast.

After this, the barrier the mage was using would glow a bright white before the mage himself would vanish, he, was now within the mine, awaiting Sirus, in a more echo prone location, where sound could be amplified.

Return to “Chromiumbark Coppice (Rockie Island)”