There is nothing of importance to report.

Sirus's Search for Study Tomes: Stage 1

All around Fortress Peak are living trees of metal which seem to grow like any normal tree. The bark of these trees is rusty making it appear brown and red giving it a normal tree-link colour. The leafs of these trees are heavy and when they fall things below them are often impaled. The people of Fortress Peak harvest these metal trees and leaves and turn them into weapons and housing and material. The wildlife here has adapted to have very dense armour to remain safe from the leaves.
Environment

Re: Sirus's Search for Study Tomes: Stage 1

Sat May 02, 2015 11:14 am

The inside of the mine was massive, so massive that it looked like it was bigger than the island itself, the walls of everything were stone and metal, metal that like the rest of the island was growing, inside thousands of people could be seen, mining, digging, moving, going about their daily jobs. At the core of the mine, near the entrance, was a massive furnace, one so large a city could easily fit within it. Inside the furnace two dragons, could be seen. They didn't appear to be slaves, so they might be tamed, or beast summons from the Coliginosity. Overall though, the mine was just massive, it went both down, up and to all sides, extending as far as one could see without steam and smoke blocking their view. Oh and it was very noisy.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Sat May 02, 2015 11:54 am

*Once the mage disappeared, I reemerged from the plant barrier, assimilating out of it and running towards the area where the mage once stood. Egon rose out of the ground near by and trotted towards me, speaking.*

Egon: A sound user...a tough case against someone like us...

Yeah...but his abilities are strange...his attacks aren't typical sound waves, but something else...something distorted...

Egon: Regardless, we'll have to try and attack silently...and avoid his attacks...You should use the Igniculus to protect yourself from his attacks...

Indeed...

*I nodded in agreement, as we then set off once more, heading into the mines, though cautiously. Once inside, I realized there were still a large amount of people inside, making A LOT of noise. This was of course very bad, because it was all the enemy needed to set off his attacks...however, it might be good, because we were at least covered by the noise, so that we wouldn't be easily picked out of the crowd. Seeing what the mage had done to the people outside the mine, however, it was more of a bad thing. Before we ventured too far, Egon slowed and pointed his nose towards the ground. Agreeing again, we both knelt down and disappeared into the ground, deciding to travel underground to avoid any attacks that the mage might use with the noise of the workers. Once underground, we began to travel through the mines, using small ripples of elemental energy and the Druinglyff to keep track of where we were and looking out for the mage. We continued deeper and deeper into the mine, keeping as silent as possible, being careful to not disrupt earth too much as to give ourselves away as we continued our search.*
NPC

Mon May 11, 2015 10:41 pm

The Mage, not having any connection with the ground, combined with the noise of the machines and dwarves mining, would become unaware of the group travelling below the ground. Since he was waiting and not following, the Mage made no hostile actions, instead he looked through his tomes and read pages from them. The mage mediated for some time before finding that it's strong target had left. The mage then began to leave the area, in search of a new place to wreck havoc.

-----

Deep into the mines where Sirus was, there would be a large hole that opened up, one that went straight down into a massive black pit. Down at the very bottom of it, was the tome they were searching for, lit up by a small flaming torch. Deep below, there was the feint sound of breathing, and the smell of charred bone. If Sirus decided to go down, he would notice that the source of the charred smell and breathing was a large metallic dragon. Around the dragon were the broken shells of two eggs, and a smaller baby dragon. There was oddly two eggs and one baby dragon. It would seem that this might be connected to the dragon Sirus saw earlier. Walking down a large pathway carved into the stone was a large machine, it was spewing steam out and had two large cannons atop it protect by an energy-like barrier that was magical in nature. Behind the machine was another Steam Wagon with a cage on it and several Helmanian Soldiers.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Wed May 13, 2015 2:44 pm

((Is it just one tome, or both of them I'm looking for...?))

*Once deeper into the mines, I was able to sense the location of the tome...and the creatures guarding it. traveling underground, Egon and I made our way a few yards below the pit of the dragon, deciding to try and use stealth to gain our prize. Once in place, Egon and I weaved roots using Egon's body and the Origin Flames. Once the vines were created, they began to snake upwards, slowly, carefully, and silently. Eventually, when they made their way to the top, they poked out of the ground and attempted to wrap around the tome, attempting to pull it back underground without anyone's notice....*
Monsters

Wed May 13, 2015 10:40 pm

(Just that tome in this part, the other will be in another part)

The dragon was unaware of Sirus, it was too worried about defending the last of it's children and quite possibly itself from the people trying to take it away. Sirus would easily snatch up the tome. The dragon in the meantime would unleash a spray of liquid white fire upwards towards the cart of no-so-innocent people. The cart would be hit by this liquid flame, but thanks to the energy barrier it would take the damage protecting the soldiers at the rear. Sirus, could either ignore the dragon and it's baby or move on to find the other tome.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Thu May 14, 2015 12:59 pm

*As soon as the roots descended with the tome, I tucked it away for later. Meanwhile, I noticed the commotion above, feeling bad for the dragons. I sat for a few moments of indecision, unsure of whether to try and help, or if the tomes were more pressing. Eventually Egon pressed upon my duty towards nature and I agreed. I quickly focused my energies, wanting to remain as unobserved as possible. A moment or two later, the wall beside the path that was spiraling down into the pit, directly next to where the cart was traveling would move, bursting outwards and attempting to blast the cart off the path, enough to make it fall and crash at the bottom. At the bottom, short spires of earth rose, sharp enough to pierce into the cart, though hopefully not enough to kill anyone inside.

Meanwhile, Egon began weaving a thick wall of vines and brambles around the dragons, attempting to keep the dragons safe. Should any cart or miners come close to the barrier, vines would lash out, attempting to slash or bat the assalants away, or if persistant, the vines would wrap the miners up...but only if they got too close.*
NPC

Fri May 15, 2015 3:05 pm

At the cart and wagon fell, the riders would all scream out. They fell towards the spikes at the bottom, but somehow didn't get pierced by them, it still hurt however, as the fall itself did some damage, of not for the weight of the cart and wagon itself. None the less, they were safe, most of them, minus the broken bones and injuries. The dragon however was furious, it let out a deafening screech and followed that by blasting out massive amounts of white liquid fire. The white fire, slowly began to fill the pit, filling it with hope the dragon could cinderize the people that had taken it's first baby and tried to get the second.

-----

Meanwhile, the other tome Sirus was looking for would be up in the mines, in the open area where the Sound Mage used to be. It was left behind after the sound Mage had left, and was floating in the air resonating with energy. The tome floated there waiting to be taken by Sirus.

As the tome floated where it was, a massive armoured suit, with steam spilling out the rear would be seen walking towards it. Inside this suit was a man, who was talking into a radio-like device and was chattering updates on his situation to someone elsewhere. What could be made out was that he was sent to the area to take control of it from the Mage, but, it was obviously too late. Everyone on the mine had already been slaughtered, and the dead silence and lack of noise was the confirmation needed to confirm it. The hulking steamknight stood there, observing the tome, and also waiting incase that mage came back.

"the mines have been secured, send in the cleanup crew" the Hulking Steamknight would say into his radio, loud and clear.

Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Mon May 18, 2015 10:26 pm

*Once I knew the dragon was safe, Egon and I moved onward, still assimilated into the earth and moving through the ground as a medium. As we traveled on, we sensed the movement of a large energy source, the suited man, who was closing in on the tome. We quickly made our way towards the tome, and as we approached, I unleashed more Origin Flames, using their power to enhance Egon's body and create more thorny roots, which grew up as a wall between the suited man and the tome, attempting to block him off from it. At the same time, Egon added his powers to grow more thorny vines to both shoot out of the ground, attempting to wrap around the suited man, in attempt to hold him in place, and more to grow a wall in the hallway he entered through room from, attempting to block off any support the man might attempt to summon. After creating the wall, I assimilated out of the earth right next to the tome, and reached out to grab it, keeping my guard up in case the armored man attempted to stop me somehow. Egon remained underground to assist from wherever he was most needed.*
NPC

Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:21 am

Before Sirus actually arrived, the suited man with the hammer would look towards the North East. A sudden shock would come over him, as if something major was happening. This was distraction enough for the vines, and the restraints to work without flaw. Within the next few seconds his eyes would open wide. After a few seconds of restraint and Sirus taking the tome, the knights back would begin to spew out steam and after this the grinding of gears could be heard as his Steam Exo-Suit would begin to mechanically move, helping to enhance his physical strength as much as the machine could. He was attempting to break free, and by the sounds of the following words he was doing so because something was wrong.

"My wife is there" He would say loudly into his communications device.

The sounds of straining suit and stretching vines could be heard as the suit tried to power it's way from it's plant-made grasp.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:57 pm

*Once I had the tome and tucked it safely away with the other one, I turned and caused the vines around the front of the armor suited man to loosen, allowing him to break free more easily and move towards the tunnel, where the wall of vines and such that Egon conjured began to be pulled back into the ground, allowing for passage. However, before the armored man could leave, I spoke, my voice echoing into the underground room enough for the man to hear.*

I am an ally, if you wish my assistance, you may have it....

*I called out, keeping the barrier between me and the armored man intact in case the man had a change of heart towards me. Egon remained underground watching to see what the man would do and if we needed to act further. I also waited with baited breath, hoping that the man wouldn't attack...though I was very prepared if he did.*
NPC

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:20 am

the Knight looked to Sirus, his expression still in shock, and soon to be in tears. His suit stopped steaming after he broke free of the vines.

"The barrier protecting the Order, it's been broken!" he would say, his only current thoughts about his family, and nothing more.
Sirus
4th Rank
4th Rank

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:42 am

*As the man spoke, my eyes widened and I felt the truth of the man's words as the earth shook, and I felt, even saw, the energy radiate outwards from the Order. Something was definitely off, which meant I needed to get going.*

I am sorry...I hope that they are safe...

*I replied, before disappearing back underground, dismissing the rest of the vines and plants above and moving with Egon out of the area. Once we left the mines we started off again, heading to find a safe place to rest, for me to review the tomes and learn my new Studies, and then once that was finish, start off again towards the source of the troubles in the Order...or whatever drew our noticed at the time.*

Return to “Chromiumbark Coppice (Rockie Island)”